Titanium "Twist" Pen (Canceled)
FINALLY... A Titanium "Twist" Action Pen. Accepts Dozens of Refills. Custom Mechanism. 100% Titanium. Built To Last A Lifetime.
This project has been a long time in the making...
Designing and making a "Twist" pen is something I've been asked for a lot in the past - and, truthfully, it's something I've really wanted to make.
Long story short:
After a lot of development - the TiTwist pen is finally ready:
Let's just get straight into the details...
Grade 5 Titanium
The TiTwist is 100% Grade 5 Titanium and machined entirely in-house here in New Zealand.
We've made thousands of our incredibly popular 'click' pens ...and offering a twist version is the natural progression.
Custom Made Titanium Spring
The custom-designed titanium spring is just one of the things that sets this pen apart from the others.
A ton of testing and tweaking went into this spring.
Not only that, but it’s a difficult component to produce (which is probably why no one else has attempted this).
Custom Designed 'Twist' Mechanism
We have designed a fully-custom "cam" mechanism for extending and retracting the ink refill. It is, of course, titanium as well.
I wasn't planning to show the mechanism (but a lot of people contacted me wanting to see how we managed to make a fully-titanium twist pen ...and wanted all the "details").
Truthfully, this is not the entire mechanism - we are still doing a little tweaking here and there (we typically test and tweak things right up until production).
This pocket-clip design is truly tried-and-tested. I've used it on my previous Titanium Click Pen as well as my Titanium Mechanical Pencil.
The pocket-clip is machined entirely from a solid billet of titanium (around 90% of the titanium is removed to leave this incredible, one-of-a-kind pocket-clip).
As with the pocket-clip... the finger grooves are directly from my tried and tested design used on the previous click pen.
Hidden Refill Opening
The first “finger groove” on the pen is where you twist off the tip to replace the refill. The opening is hidden and looks just like the other three grooves.
Dimensions and Weight
The length of the pen is 130mm (5.10") and the width is 9mm (0.35").
The weight is a fairly light 17g (0.6 oz) without any refill. With a refill the weight will be around 20g (0.7 oz).
Matte Custom Surface Finish
This pen will boast my original, tried-and-tested, buttery-smooth 'Matte' finish. It's a silver color and also looks better and better as it ages and gets used.
Not only that... but it's highly scratch-resistant too!
This pen uses the most popular refill-type in the world ...which is commonly known as the Parker-style refill (sometimes known as "G2").
Here's a list of some of the refills you can use in the pen (thank you to WellAppointedDesk.com for providing this list):
- Diplomat EasyFLOW Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Faber-Castell Scribero Gel Ink Roller Refill
- Fisher Space Pen Refill, PR Series- Colors (Bold, Medium, Fine)
- Fisher Space Pen – Universal Ballpoint Refill
- Foray (Office Depot) Ballpoint Refill for Parker (Medium)
- Kaweco Soul G2 Refill 1.0mm
- Kaweco Sport Roller Ball Pen Refill
- Moleskine Ballpoint Refill
- Moleskine Gel Refill (0.5 and 0.7 mm)
- Moleskine Roller Gel Fluorescent Refills
- Monteverde Ceramic Gel Refill (Broad)
- Monteverde Needle Point Refill (Fine)
- Monteverde Soft Roll- Colored inks (Medium)
- Monteverde Soft Roll- (Superbroad, Medium, Ultrafine)
- OHTO Needlepoint Ballpoint Pen Refill PS-807NP
- OHTO PS-205NP Extra-Fine 0.5mm Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Parafernalia Ballpoint Pen Refill NO LOGO
- Parker Ballpoint Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Parker GEL Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium)
- Parker Quinkflow Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium, Fine)
- Pelikan Giant Ballpoint Pen Refill 337 (Broad, Fine, Medium)
- Pentel KFLT8 Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Platignum Standard Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Retro 51 Tornado Roller Ball Refills (REF5P) (Made by Schmidt)
- STABILO EASYgel Refill
- Stabilo Ballpoint Refill
- Tombow BR-ZLM Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Visconti Ballpoint Pen Refill AA49 1.4 (Broad)
- Visconti Gel Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
As long as your refill is in the style below - it will fit!
Custom-Made Leather Pouches
I'm going to be offering custom-made leather pouches for the TiTwist.
I designed these pouches myself and will have them made by a friend of mine (who has made hundreds of pouches for my Titanium Tweezers in the past).
They are 100% hand-made and hand-stitched (if you know anything about leather-making, then you will know hand-stitching is a LOT stronger than machine stitching).
The leather is vegetable tanned (done naturally and chemical free) and we import directly from Italy ourselves!
Here are the pouches that will be available to you...
Black Double Pouch:
Brown Double Pouch:
Black or Brown Single Pouch:
Let's Talk ...Rewards
I’ve put together some EXCLUSIVE Kickstarter Rewards at well below the expected retail price (you get a special price here on Kickstarter... while everyone else pays full price after the project ends!).
Here’s what to do…
Take a look at the Rewards below and decide which one is going to work best for you.
Once you’ve selected the Reward you want… simply scroll to the top of this page and click on the corresponding Reward to make your pledge and “lock in” yours RIGHT NOW...
Thank you for checking out my project.
If you have any questions or comments - then do let me know.
I will see you in the Backers Only updates section!
To impossibly high standards,
Risks and challenges
I've launched more than a sixteen Kickstarter projects now and starting to get the hang of timeframes and such. I'm fairly confident of being able to fulfill on time as with my previous projects.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (7 days)