About this project
4X = eXplore - eXpand - eXploit - eXterminate
Why Back This Project?
- To get MORE Tiny Epic Kingdoms! Everyone could use some approachable 4X in their life!
- Great Gameplay! - Raving reviews of TEK and TEK HC from gamers of all types and ages.
- Huge Discounts (36% OFF)! - Base game MSRP = $25.
- KS Limited-Exclusive Content! - Deluxe content will not enter regular distribution.
- Stretch Goals Galore! - Your pledge WILL make the game better.
- Bundled Deals Offered in PledgeManager! - Even deeper discounts AND lower shipping costs.
All THIS for only $16! (+shipping)
Image will be adjusted to include unlocked stretch goals.
Base Game Content List
- Rule Book
- High Quality Box Band
- 5 Large Meeples (one in each player color)
- 30 War Towers (six towers in each player color)
- 5 Hero Tokens (one crown for each player)
- 5 Silver Resource Tokens (1 for each player)
- 8 Over-Sized Territory Cards
- 13 Over-Sized Faction Cards
- 25 Blackjack-Sized Heroic Decree Cards
When all stretch goals are achieved, TEK HC will match the territory and faction count of TEK! DOUBLE THE FUN!
Deluxe games offer increased replayability and contain promo components/cards that are not typically available in retail.
Tiny Epic Kingdoms Heroes' Call is an expansion to Tiny Epic Kingdoms and requires TEK to play.
The war continues and spreads further and further. New factions have arrived from the north igniting epic battles unlike any before. Heroes rise over the fallen bodies of their enemies. Kingdoms spread across the frozen wastelands and through the snowy peaks in search of silver. War Towers grow taller than the trees. Who will be victorious in the end?
TEK HC introduces several new aspects to TEK:
- New Factions
- New Territories, Regions, & Resource Type
- New Hero Meeples and Abilities
- New War Towers
- New Exploration Tiles (deluxe only)
New Factions from TEK HC
New Regions & Resource Type
New Hero Meeples and Abilities
New War Towers
You can download the prototype rules below. This version of the rules has not yet received the wonderful treatment of the graphic artist.
Click HERE to download the TEK HC Rules of Play (pnp version)
Click HERE to download the TEK Rules of Play
You've read all about how great the game is, but now let me prove it to you!
Follow the links below to find a FREE Print 'N Play of Tiny Epic Kingdoms Heroes' Call. Note: the rule book is also a separate download.
Click HERE for the Print 'N Play Files
Click HERE for the Print 'N Play Rule Book
Tiny Epic Kingdoms 2nd Edition is a reprint of last year's smash hit Tiny Epic Kingdoms.
2nd Edition features these refinements taken from community feedback:
- Rulebook clarifications.
- Faction card clarifications.
- Game component improvements.
- Players may now retreat from war.
- Improved 2 player variant (The Lost Kingdom)
- TEK Exploration tiles now included in every copy.
If I own TEK, do I need to buy TEK 2e?
No, TEK 1e will work with TEK HC. I would encourage you to download and read the free PDF rulebook of TEK 2e once it is published though.
To play TEK HC using TEK 1e, here's what you will need to know, and it will all be available in TEK 2e's free PDF rule book:
- War Cost replaces terms like War Power and War Total.
- Retreat has new conditions and is an option in any War.
- The 2 player Lost Kingdoms Variant has new rules.
Can I buy a 1e to 2e upgrade kit?
Yes, I am offering an upgrade kit in PledgeManager (after the project). Backers of THIS project can get an upgrade kit in PledgeManager for $10.
To learn more about Tiny Epic Kingdoms - CLICK HERE
Your pledging options are simple:
- TEK Heroes' Call x1
- TEK 2nd Edition x1
- OR BOTH!
- or the TEK HC PnP $8... or Honorary Producer!
ALL EXTRAS AND/OR ADD-ONS ARE HANDLED IN PLEDGEMANAGER
Territory Naming Requirements
- 11 characters Max, 3 characters Min.
- Name must fit the fantasy fiction theme of the game.
- Only English letters and Arabic numerals.
- Submit three names in order, 1 being the name you want and 2 and 3 are sequential backups in case the first name is not chosen.
- Gamelyn Games reserves the right to deny or change your territories' name. If denied, you will be given another chance to re-submit.
- You do not get to choose the territory card that your name goes with.
The most effective way to assure we reach these upgrades is to share this project on your social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, blogs, etc. Share this project with EVERYONE!!
Territory Card Unlocked @:
- 7,500 Facebook Likes (achieved!)
- 4,750 Twitter Followers (achieved!)
- 750 Instagram Followers (achieved!)
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:
All stretch goals for this project have been announced!
Tiny Epic Kingdoms Heroes' Call is being received as an expansion that will permanently change how you play TEK! I encourage you to read these reviews and see just what people are raving about!
Here are some fun social media avatars you can use to help with that:
All rewards for this project will be shipped from the US.
Delivering Your Reward
My number one goal, and responsibility, is to deliver the rewards that you pledge for. To do this, I have adjust my shipping discounts from previous projects. Shipping is a volatile cost that I cannot undermine. I simply cannot commit to shipping methods or discounts that would price me out of fulfilling my responsibility to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this.
Every backer is important to me, regardless of location, there are just certain realities in shipping costs that we all have to face. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, I have included a small discount for ALL shipping, but no shipping is free.
Regarding customs: because this game comes in a tiny box with a low declaration, most international backers, of 1 and 2 copies, will not get hit with customs or import fees. We have shipped thousands and thousands of copies of Tiny Epic games to international backers and I've only heard of a couple of incidents where a backer (of 1 and/or 2 copies) was hit with any sort of fees.
"Tiny Epic" is a series of games designed by Scott Almes and published by Gamelyn Games. Each game in this series must strictly adhere to TWO core values: Tiny and Epic! Tiny meaning small (pocket-sized) box with simple and easy to understand rules. Epic meaning gratifying gameplay with lots of strategy and replay-ability. Over the course of numerous games, the series will explore many unique genres and themes.
Currently the line features a 4X/Civ game Tiny Epic Kingdoms, a cooperative Tower Defense game Tiny Epic Defenders and a intergalactic dice driven/engine building game Tiny Epic Galaxies.
The "Tiny Epic" series began January of 2013 on Kickstarter with its flagship game Tiny Epic Kingdoms! Which has sold a collective total of over 20,000 copies.
The second game in the series is a thematic sequel to Tiny Epic Kingdoms called Tiny Epic Defenders.
Tiny Epic Galaxies, the third installment in the series.
Gamers can expect to see more Tiny Epic games in the near future! Stay tuned by joining the Gamelyn Games Newsletter.
All Add-Ons for this project are included in the reward tiers and/or will be handled AFTER the project within PledgeManager. There are no separate Add-Ons during the project.
If you'd like to add additional copies, or other menu items, to your pledge beyond what is available in the reward tiers, you may do so within PledgeManager.
Do not add to your KS pledge for add-ons, you will pay for them in PledgeManager.
Check out our exciting PledgeManager menu below:
Tiny Epic Playmats will only be available through PledgeManager or directly from Gamelyn Games. They will be made of a slip-resistant neoprene.
Gamelyn Games, LLC. is a passion driven game publishing company out of Arizona. Our customers are our #1 focus! You can always count on friendly and prompt service and communication.
Please learn more about our team here.
Thank you very much for your support.
Michael Coe, Founder & Publisher
©2015 Gamelyn Games, LLC all rights reserved
*Kickstarter Limited Exclusivity - Deluxe content will not enter regular distribution. However, it will be available in limited supply at conventions, through contests, online at the BGG promo store, and directly from Gamelyn Games.
Images/components shown of the games are subject to change per manufacturer's requirements, and the publisher's choice for what is in the best interest of the game and the backers.
Risks and challenges
Risks and challenges
The publication of a board game is a complicated process. It is prone to many opportunities for mistakes and that does not exclude experienced publishers.
We're proud to say that we are prepared for the task at hand and have years of experience in successfully fulfilling board game projects from Kickstarter.
Here are the steps we are taking to prepare and reduce the likelihood of mistakes and delays:
1. We have done significant pre-production. This includes having all the art for the game completed and the graphic art over 75% completed. The production quote is in hand and ready to be initiated.
2. We are proud to be working with Panda Game Manufacturing again, the same manufacturer we have used to create Dungeon Heroes, Fantasy Frontier, the Fantasy Gaming Figures, the GIANT Meeples, Tiny Epic Kingdoms, Tiny Epic Defenders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies. We have a great relationship with their entire team. We are familiar with their production requirements, timelines, payment schedules, communication methods and Chinese freight arrangements. Together we have created some great games and products and we hope that Tiny Epic Kingdoms Heroes' Call and Tiny Epic Kingdoms 2nd Edition will be our next!
3. Professional fulfillment is already in place, and we are proud to say it will be handled by Ship Naked. They were responsible for having fulfilled the shipments of Rise!, Dungeon Heroes, Fantasy Frontier, Tiny Epic Kingdoms, Tiny Epic Defenders and, the soon to be shipped, Tiny Epic Galaxies. All were delivered on schedule with professionalism and reliability. Ship Naked has proven to be communicative, punctual and customer service minded when dealing with Gamelyn Games' customers.
Again, this isn't to say that this project won't experience mistakes, they happen to everyone but it does show that this road is familiar to all parties involved.
Above all, I am 100% dedicated to backer communication. I will be transparent with our process, as to involve our backers as much as possible.
I will be present daily during the project to answer any questions or read any comments and I will provide regular updates and supply photos of the progress when possible.
Thank you for your trust in us! Lets bring Tiny Epic Kingdoms Heroes' Call and Tiny Epic Kingdoms 2nd Edition to the gaming world!
PREVIOUS PROJECTS' STATUS:
Tiny Epic Galaxies is currently in production and within 1 month of its estimated delivery date.
Tiny Epic Defenders, Tiny Epic Kingdoms, Fantasy Frontier, Dungeon Heroes, the Fantasy Gaming Figures and the Mini GIANT Meeple Project have all completed fulfillment successfully. Some backers even received their games and figures early! Backers have since written in with elation about the games, the figures and the management of the projects. Most of our backers are repeat backers!
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (21 days)