Please Note: Kickstarter is like a pre order for the product (the game). If you make a pledge, it's like buying the product a few weeks in advance.
Once we hit $10K, we'll use the money from the pre orders to do the first big production run in China and send you the game. If we don't hit $10K, you get your pledge money back. We appreciate any support in helping us Kickstart this business!
WHAT IT’S ABOUT
Cards of Candour is like a warm hug from a good friend, pulling you a little too close and whispering sweet takedowns in your ear.
As you can see, it's a card game printed on professional-looking paper so that no one blames you for asking questions like:
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
For the detail oriented, the box contains:
- 280 question cards starting with “Have you ever…”
- A bespoke dice that will direct the players on who to ask
- Game overview and instructions
- Many, many, many good times ahead
HOW TO PLAY
- 2-10 players, it’s good to have a mix of people you like and a couple of fringe invites that aren’t really in the inner circle.
- Deal five question cards to each player, four to any lawyers because they are sneaky enough already.
- Highest paid person goes first, just like in society.
- Roll the dice and relax, that tiny piece of plastic is now in control and will tell you who to read a question card to (see below for how the dice rolls).
- You now get to ask that person one of the questions on the cards in front of you - if they admit it, you win the points value on the card.
- Technically the first player to 10 points wins, but we all know the real winner is the person who throws the most shade.
HOW THE DICE ROLLS
That person -The arrow points to the person you ask a question, it’s like spin the bottle with optional kissing.
Double down - Double down and read two question cards to the same person, if either results in a “no” you lose both.
All in - Everyone else reads a question card about the dice roller who then picks the best card based solely on their opinion.
Pick anyone - You can pick anyone, but not yourself. Not everything is about you.
REAL FRIENDS EXPANSION
For those less concerned with boundaries.
The Real Friends Expansion is for those less concerned with boundaries and contains 50 cards that were deemed potentially too offensive or confronting for the first edition. To give you an idea, this is the sort of thing that you’re in for:
Look, we've got a bit of a story but it doesn’t really matter, right? The whole point of this game is to tell your stories, not ours.
Honestly, we’ve found that the best part of this game is not the questions on the cards, it’s the stories that come out when your friends respond.
We are all weird, now it’s time to share.
PROOF THAT IT's REAL
Risks and challenges
Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Ladies and gentlemen, as of this moment, we are that second mouse.
We've been working on this project for 18 months and have become quite close with our manufacturing and distribution partners. Ola Wang has helped us with pricing and getting our prototypes made - she's recently had some time off to spend with her new born but is back in action again to help us process our order (congratulations Ola).
We've tested the game with both friends (and non-friends) to make sure it was a product worthy of your gigantic and/or dainty hands.
And finally our team has strong backgrounds in product development, e-commerce and fulfilment, and operations - we got you.
Believe in us, so we can believe in you, believing in us together.
email@example.com for any questions ;)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)