Use this space to cheer the creator along, and talk to your fellow backers.
Have a question?
October is coming up. Any updates on the project? Still on track or is it going to get delayed?
Sorry Gary for the delay, here it is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloudylight/the-cloudylight-coolest-lamp-on-earth/posts/1832092
It's been almost six weeks since your last update stating "In a few days we will post a long detailed update with pictures and a status rapport. We are on schedule and expecting to deliver before the deadline!" Where is this supposedly "detailed" update?
Thank you for your questions, il be happy to answer them:
1. On top of the Cloudylight there is high quality deep white polyfiber that we have tested from multiple sources to make sure it looks like a real cloud as much as possible.
2. To clean the Cloudylight i recommend to use spray water or a light brush.
3. The led specifications are: Brightness: Red = 3.3 Lumens/300 mcd, Green = 10 Lumens/1000 mcd, Blue = 2.7 Lumens/300 mcd (mcd calculation based on full 120 degree beam)
4. It is replaceable by yourself but its better to return the Cloudylight for repair to us. Problems like this will be included in the warranty.
5. The power supply used works on both 110 and 220 volts.
6. There is no external AUX, reason we did this is to keep the Cloudylight as clean as possible.
7. Yes the volume is adjustable in each mode including thunder mode. Also the lightning brightness is adjustable in each mode including thunder mode.
Hopefully this answers all of your questions, if you have any more please let me know.
Is there an external AUX input to directly connect an audio cable for the best sound or is it only connected via bluetooth? Is the volume of the thunder sound adjustable in "Thunder mode"? Is the lightning brightness also adjustable in this mode?
What is on the outside layer that makes it look cloud-ish? Is it cotton or wool or some sort of puffy substance? How would you clean this if it gets dusty over time or if there is a stain (like from grape juice or red wine splatter)? How many lumens does the cloud light produce at its brightest setting? If one of the LEDs burns out, is it replaceable or would I have to buy a whole new unit? Does the power supply work with 110 volts or 220 volts or both?