Use this space to cheer the creator along, and talk to your fellow backers.
Have a question?
Did not receive so far!!!!
received my unit and looks like it had been opened several times in transit. There was no power supply and/or instructions. Am a little annoyed at this
If you want to use a plug for the lamp order a power cable with the right plug for your home and cut/strip the wire to attach to the end of the cables. This is a example of the power cord: https://www.wifi-stock.com/prods/c7-type-power-cord.jpg
Good luck! And would love to see some videos of the Cloudylight in your home!
What i mean is, i do not understand how to apply electricity to the lamp in order to use it.
i dont actually understand how to do that, can you tell me specifically what to purchase so that I can plug the light in?
There is no plug as the light was designed to be hanged on the ceiling. You can however apply a plug to the end wires without a problem.
The Cloudylight team
Got my lamp today, doesn't seem to be a way to plug it in.
@Gary: Yes we know but we don't want the Cloudylight to arrive broken, its very delicate so we take our time talking to suppliers.
Please be patient a little bit longer, we do our best and take my word for it you will receive the Cloudylight soon!
You’re only shipping to 18 people. How long before we get our product?
Please be patient a little bit longer, we have to shipp accross europe, america and even to the filipines so getting the best shipping for every customers is pretty hard.
The cloudylight team
Any update on shipping?
We are finizalizing the Cloudylights and are waiting for the last shipping qoutes from DHL and UPS.
When we received those we will compare them and select the best shipping company, all shipments will have track and trace so you know when it will arrive.
I will sent everyone a personal message about the shipping soon.
Shipping soon? It’s almost the end of October.
@Gary: still on track Gary, see latest update
October is coming up. Any updates on the project? Still on track or is it going to get delayed?
Sorry Gary for the delay, here it is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloudylight/the-cloudylight-coolest-lamp-on-earth/posts/1832092
It's been almost six weeks since your last update stating "In a few days we will post a long detailed update with pictures and a status rapport. We are on schedule and expecting to deliver before the deadline!" Where is this supposedly "detailed" update?
Thank you for your questions, il be happy to answer them:
1. On top of the Cloudylight there is high quality deep white polyfiber that we have tested from multiple sources to make sure it looks like a real cloud as much as possible.
2. To clean the Cloudylight i recommend to use spray water or a light brush.
3. The led specifications are: Brightness: Red = 3.3 Lumens/300 mcd, Green = 10 Lumens/1000 mcd, Blue = 2.7 Lumens/300 mcd (mcd calculation based on full 120 degree beam)
4. It is replaceable by yourself but its better to return the Cloudylight for repair to us. Problems like this will be included in the warranty.
5. The power supply used works on both 110 and 220 volts.
6. There is no external AUX, reason we did this is to keep the Cloudylight as clean as possible.
7. Yes the volume is adjustable in each mode including thunder mode. Also the lightning brightness is adjustable in each mode including thunder mode.
Hopefully this answers all of your questions, if you have any more please let me know.
Is there an external AUX input to directly connect an audio cable for the best sound or is it only connected via bluetooth? Is the volume of the thunder sound adjustable in "Thunder mode"? Is the lightning brightness also adjustable in this mode?
What is on the outside layer that makes it look cloud-ish? Is it cotton or wool or some sort of puffy substance? How would you clean this if it gets dusty over time or if there is a stain (like from grape juice or red wine splatter)? How many lumens does the cloud light produce at its brightest setting? If one of the LEDs burns out, is it replaceable or would I have to buy a whole new unit? Does the power supply work with 110 volts or 220 volts or both?