Cliris, the unique automatic high-tech eyewear cleaner. Your glasses are cleaned, disinfected, anti-fog treated & dried in 4 minutes. Read more
Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on July 17, 2014.
About this project
Cliris® is the world’s first automatic and high design eyewear cleaner.
Your glasses are cleaned, disinfected, anti-fog treated and dried in 4 minutes.
With Cliris, we aim to provide each and every glasses wearer the comfort of cleaning their eyewear quickly, fully and easily.
- Quickly: Cliris cleans your glasses in less than 4 minutes
- Fully: Your glasses emerge perfectly clean: Not only the lenses but also the frames and all the tiniest areas are cleaned.
- Easily: You simply lay your glasses in the Cliris drawer, press the start button and 4 minutes later, you can enjoy your glasses again.
During our market investigation, we have not found any product approaching Cliris usability: Cliris is a world premiere! We have checked the Cliris alignment with consumer needs with key market players, and they have all confirmed the relevance of Cliris. Opinion leaders have told us how impatient they are to be able to use Cliris! Also, our practical tests results have exceeded our expectations: The glasses arise from Cliris really perfectly clear.
What is Cliris?
Who can benefit from Cliris?
- Cliris was initially designed for optical spectacle wearers (representing more than 50% of the total world population) but in addition...
- Cliris is of course very well suited for sun and sports glasses (bringing the target consumer group close to 100% of the population)
Indeed, almost everyone can benefit from Cliris:
- at home
- in the office, at school, in sports clubs, in elderly care homes...
- at professional venues such as hair dressers, hotels, conference rooms, doctors, waiting lounges...
Cliris is not
only handy and practical, but is also a high-design object which fits perfectly
in a stylish/classy environment.
Can Cliris clean all glasses?
Almost. We have designed Cliris to be as small as possible, while being able to accommodate most glasses. There are two limitations that would prevent your glasses from being treated with Cliris:
- Size: Glasses should fit within the Cliris tank, which will be the case if folded glasses measure a maximum of 2”x 5.9” (5cm X 15cm, which is definitely the case for most of glasses).
- Hightech ultrasonic: Cliris treatment is balanced to be efficient but without damage to your glasses. However certain specific models (e.g. frames made of wood, carton or exotic materials) might not be compatible with ultrasonic treatment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How does Cliris work?
Cliris is incredibly simple to use: Just lay your glasses into Cliris and wait 4 minutes for cleaning process to complete: Your glasses are clean, dry and ready to wear! Cliris needs to be plugged into a wall socket (it comes with a standard power adapter, a long enough cord and country localized plug).Cleaning process is based on a combination of hightech ultrasonic technologies and cleaning fluid named Cliriense. Cliriense comes in two cartridges, which are inserted in the back of the Cliris. Cartridge duration will depend on the state of dirtiness of your glasses, but is typically sufficient for one month of daily usage (one cleaning cycle per day). Cliris LED will turn from green to red once the Cliriense cartridges need to be replaced. Those can be ordered online and will be delivered within standard lead times through Amazon logistics. Replacing the cartridges is a child’s very easy, and used cartridges can be disposed of (Cliriense fluid is environmental friendly and may be flushed into the sink).
For more information & FAQ please visit : www.cliris.ch
Why do we need You:
Cliris is an industrial project, requiring substantial effort for initial production. We have completed the R&D steps and already produced several functional and final prototypes. Initial funding is however needed to launch the first production series. We are also very much looking forward to comments, questions and suggestions from the Kickstarter community.
Brief overview of Cliris rewards!
Cliris for you:
Risks and challenges
We have almost finalized the development of Cliris and Cliriense. Challenges we might face:
We want to ensure that Cliris with Clirience work efficiently, reliably and in the most time effective manner. Testing might call for additional adjustments and generate a few weeks delay from the original production schedule.
To improve user experience, we are aiming at reducing the cleaning time (Today average of four min.) to minimize glasses immobilisation. This might require additional development and generate additional production delay.
Plastic injection moulding, ultrasonic, fluid dynamics are all mastered techniques, but their combination is the key to the successful production of Cliris.
Supply chain and logistics:
Finding the optimal assembly process via various channels to ensure a qualitative and efficient service (time) without risking to find ourselves in a monopolistic situation.
We intend to deliver Cliris (cleaning device) & Cliriense (cleaning fluids) worldwide via Amazon logistics and via www.cliris.ch.
Thank you for your support, we are very grateful.
The Cliris Team and our partners.
Cliris® and Cliriense® are registered trademarksLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)