Monstermatic is the first free mobile game app that allows users to create and 3D PRINT custom designed monsters. Players are given tools to invent, interact, share, and ultimately unleash their monsters into the world through 3D printing technology. New monsters and further customization options can be unlocked simply by playing the game. All monster parts are interchangeable. Design combinations are endless!
Some studios encourage the purchase of 3D versions of their characters to enhance their games. While it is an interesting idea, it doesn't give the player the freedom to create their own character. With Monstermatic, THE GAME IS TO CREATE your character!
With your help, we will release this unique game late Fall 2013 equipped with the amazing features below and give it that polished feel while also retaining seamless 3D printing integration:
- Full iOS mobile platform support, Android support shortly after.
- 10 unique designs and fully animated monsters. Each monster features 5 swappable parts.
- Color control and shape tools for further customization options.
- Fully integrated 3D printing capabilities.
- Augmented Reality, interactivity and social networking integration.
- Game mechanics, sounds and polished User Interface.
- Troubleshooting 3D printing Integration and Debugging ($7,500): Even though we have 10 unique designs that print fine individually we need to run more tests when combining them with items from other monsters. Sometimes we have to adapt our models so they work well together.
- Software License Fees ($7,300): The combined license fees for Unity and Maya.
- Adapting on all iOS Devices ($3,500): We are building Monstermatic on an iPhone 5. We need to make sure our graphics display beautifully on all screen sizes (iPhone 4, 4S, 5 as well as iPad 2 and newer). While this might sound simple, it can be tricky and time consuming.
- Animations and Interactions ($3,500): We want all of our monsters to feel different and unique, not just in their design, but also in the way we interact with them. Animating each one of them will make them feel alive and real.
- Polished UI ($2,500): We're polishing our UI to make it easy to navigate and give the players the best possible experience.
- Sound ($2,200): Let’s be honest, our monsters would be so much cooler if they had a voice.
- Social Media Integration ($2,000): We can already post on major social networks, send emails or save a photo of a monster in the gallery but these features need a little more polishing to seamlessly integrate with the app.
- Augmented Reality ($1,500): Real world interaction with the monsters using Augmented Reality technology.
What happens if we surpass our goal? Well, if we had the additional funds, here is what we would add to REALLY make Monstermatic shine!
- Add professional sound FX and music
- Collaborate with famous toy designers to integrate fresh new monster designs
- Even more customization options
- Even more monsters
- Purchase our own 3D Printer: It would lower production costs, give us full control over 3D printing, allow for custom designed packaging, and reduce delivery time.
Check back when we are closer to reaching our stretch goals for more detailed information.
- Clayton is the creative force behind Monstermatic. He has spent time in the movie industry working on films such as Alice in Wonderland and Smurfs. Clayton also suffers from Attention Deficit Dis...“Hey, LOOK, a monster!” It was his long time monster addiction that led him to develop Monstermatic.
- Mike is the artist with an eye for detail and a penchant for solving creative problems. He has spent time creating mobile apps for companies such as Marvel, Disney, and Coca Cola, and dreams of one day owning a giraffe. Mike’s motto: "Keep it simple.
- "Levi, is the engineer putting it all together. He is the magic man turning a few pieces of art and some raw ideas into a working app. Levi graduated from this one place and spent years developing stuff at that other place. His ability to “app” is exceeded only by his ability to drum, and his answer to any given question always remains the same: “Anything is possible.”
- Set of 4 2" x 3" stickers printed on High Gloss Vinyl .
- Set of 3 postcards. 4" x 6" on 14 PT Ultra-Thick Cardstock. Full color print front with UV coating, black and white back.
- Each unique design is made of 5 swappable parts, a full animation and is 3D printing ready. They all went through rigorous training in our monster testing facility and we guarantee that they are 100% certified pure monsters.
- Print #1 is 13" x 7" printed on Glossy Poster Paper.
Pick your favorite! Full color 3D printed 2" inch figurine. This is an exclusive pledge and is not included in any other pledge. (Taz is back (watch the video in our updates)
- Print #2 is 14.5" x 8.75" printed on Glossy Poster Paper.
Get early access to Monstermatic, help us make the game better, and get ready for some serious monster testing.
100% cotton screen printed T-shirt sporting Exclusive Monstermatic design for our Kickstarter backers ONLY!
Here they are, our graduating class of 2013 from Monstermatic College. Pick your favorite one, we'll send it along with rest of your rewards! (Taz is back)
Pullover hoodie!! The perfect lightweight sweatshirt that you can slip on and wear on the go. It's super soft and comfy with a front pouch pocket. This product will last through the years with its tough double-needle reinforced seams.
Shake your phone and Monstermatic randomly generates a monster with a name. Display your name or the name of your choice. Limited spaces!
Receive all 3D printed monsters above + we'll add your name to the credits. Figurine are approx. 2 inches tall. (We'll update this picture with our printed Taz Maniac very shortly.)
Silver Producer Package features a silver monster (approx. 1.7" x 1.5" x 1"). Custom design it in Monstermatic, we'll turn it into 92.5% Sterling Silver figurine.
Gold plated brass monster for our Gold Producer backers. Custom design your very own monster in Monstermatic, we'll turn it into a unique Gold figurine (approx. 2.1" x 1.8" x 1.1") + meet the team in LA!
Risks and challenges
Monstermatic grew from a passion for great video games, animation and character design. It is around this passion that we gathered as a team and grew the desire to make this project a reality.
3D Printing is still in its infancy, information is lacking for troubleshooting and there is a lot of trial and error involved both technically and artistically. Also, if our 3D printing third party went out of business or no longer supported our process we would have to change service or update our process along the way, which could mean a setback. But, at this point I can honestly say we've become 3D print experts and nothing can stop us.
We will constantly encounter new risks and challenges, but we are committed no matter the problem. Our combined creative skills will find a solution to turn "challenge" into "opportunity".
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MONSTERMATIC!
We want to bring the magic of Monstermatic to all of you who support it. To build our audience, we need people like YOU! People who believe in our mission, who are willing to help us see this project through. Without you, Monstermatic would not be possible. So spread the word far and wide! Through the realms Twitter, Facebook, Google + and Instagram. Let the first 3D printing game begin, so that all the people from around the globe hear the roar of our monsters.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The "Just A Monster, Please" pledge, is a pledge that is NOT included in any of the other pledges. It is not included as part of the "Everything above." Any pledge that already includes a monster, like the $100 pledge, would not include the extra monster.
Support this project
- (30 days)