In his house at R’lyeh, soft and cuddly Cthulhu waits dreaming...
Brought to life from the pages of C is for Cthulhu: The Lovecraft Alphabet Book, this adorable plush was designed by artist Greg Murphy and produced in partnership with Skelton Crew Studio.
This super-soft elder god will keep your little ones cozy all through the night.
- Super-soft premium fabric manufactured using the highest quality materials.
- Custom embroidered eyes, wings, and other details.
- A standing height of 12 inches (30.5cm).
- A beanie bottom bum for posed shelf sitting.
- Child safety tested in the USA.
- Soft, huggable, and completely lovable.
- The perfect gift for Lovecraft fans of all ages.
The Board Book
C is for Cthulhu: The Lovecraft Alphabet Book is a gorgeously illustrated, premium alphabet board book, featuring monsters and characters inspired by the mythos of H.P. Lovecraft.
NEW! The T-Shirts
Greg Murphy (with the help of our Facebook community and email subscribers) designed these three new C is for Cthulhu T-shirt designs to help support this campaign.
The Movie-Style Poster
To help this campaign hit its funding goals, Greg has created an all new movie style poster. This is a large-format 27 x 39 ½ inch poster that makes the perfect display piece in any Lovecraft fan's room. (It will ship rolled in a poster tube, separate from the board book.)
Fully Funded In Five Days!
For a Rolling Stretch Goal, we're going to send a plush to a worthy Toy Drive in time for the holidays for every $500 we raise above goal. Cthulhu Clause is going to be busy!
Who Are We?
C Is for Cthulhu is created by New England-based team of Jason Ciaramella, an Eisner Award nominated author of comics and graphic novels (The Cape, Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters, Magic: The Gathering), and Greg Murphy, a brilliant digital artist and illustrator.
Last year, we brought C is for Cthulhu to Kickstarter in order to raise funds to print and distribute a premium board book to Lovecraft fans around the globe...
With the help of more than 1,149 backers and an energetic Facebook Community, we did just that! Raising more than 4 times our funding goal allowed us to donate books to 30 public libraries, and spread the Lovecraft farther than we thought imaginable.
In fact, we completely sold out of our initial print run in just three months, and had to go back to print!
One of the most requested items during last year's Kickstarter campaign was a C is for Cthulhu plush toy... we were not ready to create one of those then, but over the past six months, we've done our homework!
To create the toy, we partnered with Skelton Crew, the mad geniuses behind officially licensed replicas for Hellboy, BPRD, Locke & Key, Mouse Guard and more, to ensure a premium quality product to perfectly match Greg's unmistakable Cthulhu design.
After several rounds of revisions, we finally landed on a prototype that we were all completely thrilled with...
With the prototype complete, it only made sense to return to Kickstarter, where it all began, to launch a new campaign to raise $12,500 to help fund the initial production run of these cute, creepy, and cuddly little guys.
Get a FREE Copy of C Is for Cthulhu
If you're new to C Is for Cthulhu and are wondering if the board book is right for your little monster, we invite you to download a complimentary digital copy of the book here. (Note: This version does not contain the bonus content available in the $5 pledge.)
You'll find 26 gorgeous Lovecraft-themed illustrations, one for every letter of the alphabet!
And if you'd like a book you can hold in your hands and/or a Cthulhu plush to go with it, we hope you back this campaign.
Thanks for taking a look!
Risks and challenges
This is Greg and Jason's second Kickstarter project and the publisher ComixTribe's seventh... we're well aware of the many challenges associated with delivering on a Kickstarter campaign, and have taken the following steps to mitigate the risk associated fulfilling this project:
1) We worked with the Skelton Crew, a veteran plush and licensed toy design studio to ensure a prototype of upmost quality. Skelton worked close with a with well-regarded factory for prototype development and the eventual production run.
2) We've already had the plush toy safety inspected in the US and certified as safe.
3) For backers getting the board book only, those books are already in stock and 100% ready to ship at campaign's end!
4) We've established successful fulfillment with the t-shirt and printer vendors we're using for this campaign, and don't anticipate any problems working with them again. However, we've already sourced back-up vendors for all products, should something arise.
5) Please review previous ComixTribe Kickstarters (OXYMORON, EPIC, SCAM, THE RED TEN, THE STANDARD, C Is for CTHULHU) for evidence of our ability to communicate with backers post campaign, and deliver on campaign fulfillment. We don't consider a project successful unless 100% of our backers have been fulfilled."Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)