About this project
This campaign is to fund the printing of the first issue and first print edition of comic series, THE SIX SWORDS. Written and Created by Melchor Sapiandante, Matthew Perez and Chris Massari, with Line Art by Ryan Cody, Color Art by Elaina Unger and Lettering by Renato Guerra. The book collects 22-pages of the first issue in the first arc.
What are people saying about The Six Swords?!
The Six Swords must travel a post-apocalyptic United States post World War IV, finding west coast cults, east coast strongholds, and endless gangland in-between to reach their ultimate goal of redemption. The land is reminiscent of the Old West: though lawless, people have come together to start anew, and each town offers something interesting for the Six Swords.
The Six Swords plays in the realm of comedy, kung fu and Westerns; post-apocalyptic pulp fiction.
This first printing of The Six Swords #1 features:
- The COMPLETE 22-page comic that launches The Six Swords into infamy.
- A Kickstarter EXCLUSIVE cover by Plaid Klaus that will never be released AGAIN.
- The ORIGINAL Six Swords #1 cover by AHR Visions CEO and Founder Abdul H. Rashid
- PLUS tons of awesome physical rewards, custom commissions and extras!
- $3 Issue 1 PDF
- $6 Regular Issue
- $9 Kickstarter Exclusive Issue
- $12 Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive, Claudiu Print
- $19 Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive, All Prints
- $39 Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive, Regular Issue, Wall Scroll
- $99 6x6 painting on media board (x3) by Elaina Unger OR 11x17 1-character commissions by Ryan Cody (x3). Plus Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive, Regular Issue
- $139 Drawn In Scene With Characters (x2) and Custom Short Story About Commission. Plus Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive, Regular Issue
- $250 Read Your Script (x3). Plus Kickstarter Exclusive, Regular Issue, Wall Scroll, All Prints, Issue 1-2 and 3 PDF
- $299 6x6 painting on media board (x1) by Elaina Unger AND 11x17 1-character commissions by Ryan Cody (x1) AND Drawn Into Scene With Characters, (x1) with Custom Short Story About Commission. Plus Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive, Regular Issue
- $350 Painting (7 in. x 9 in. quality watercolor paper) by Elaina Unger (x3). Plus Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive, Regular Issue, All Prints
- $999 Write Your Comic (x1) (You own all rights). Issue 1-2 and 3 PDFs, Kickstarter Exclusive and Regular Issue, Wall Scroll, All Prints
- $2999 6S 4 Lyfe All 6S Kickstarter Merch and Issues/Books from now until death, Exclusive 1st Looks at all Upcoming Issues Prior to Release, Sneak Peak at Completed Arc 2 Scripts, Drawn Into Arc 2, Issue 1 PDF, Kickstarter Exclusive and 2, Wall Scrolls, All Prints (1x offer ever)
6S LLC. is launching this Kickstarter in order to bring The Six Swords to life in physical form. Our series has yet to launch on any platform and our goal is to provide these unique and entertaining characters in book form, with Kickstarter being the best method of doing that!
We think our story will speak to be people in a variety of ways but, ultimately we just want to tell a great story and to entertain. Using Kickstarter, we will be able to provide that directly to our growing fan base and new ones alike. Is that you?!
We chose Kickstarter to launch The Six Swords series because it allows for us to focus less on the financial aspects of comic making and more on the creative and networking end.
We've already put a lot of our own money into this, that we honestly really don't have, in order to pay for the creation costs associated with the first three issues of the series and having to pay the cost of bulk printing on top of that is just a lot of work and stress that would be better served elsewhere.
Like putting together traveling costs for conventions!
We'll be in LA and San Deigo with AHR Visions promoting our series this year and we'll need to pay for a flight, hotel and feeding ourselves as well.
Plus, we'd like to begin production of the 4th issue and second arc, which we've begun allocating funds for.
Overall, Kickstarter takes a huge burden off of us, to bring more of this series to life and push towards really building our vision for this story.
So what exactly are these funds being used for?
Well, I'm glad you asked. These funds will be used for the printing of the first issue and paying for the costs of the physical rewards, as well as shipping and all that fun stuff. This isn't something we expect to make a profit on. This Kickstarter is to fully fund the first print run of the series and get it out to the world!
The $3000 we raise from this campaign is ALL going to printing and shipping costs for the comics and rewards. We've paid for the completion and creation of the first three issues of The Six Swords ourselves.
Currently, all we have left to do is to begin production of the physical copies and printing, which is where Kickstarter comes in!
By putting our printing funds through Kickstarter, it shifts a huge financial burden off of our shoulders that we can put towards future issues and our next campaign, which involves a graphic novel of the first arc of The Six Swords. Without us shouldering the brunt of printing costs on top of the art production we've paid for, it makes our lives a lot easier and a lot less stressful so that we can create and continue to bring more of these characters to YOU, in a variety of mediums.
We greatly appreciate ANY AND ALL support we receive in this campaign, whether it's a share on Facebook or a dollar amount to one of our tiers.
We believe in our vision and any support put behind us means more than words can express.
It is our hope, that from the previews you've been given, our creator blurbs and Kickstarter video, as well as our variety of pledge levels and tiers that you can make history and be a part of our very first campaign, with more to come in the future.
THANK YOU for helping us bring The Six Swords to life and to all of the artists, contributors, fans and people who have helped us along the way, this would not be possible without you!
And another thank you to KickingItForward for helping to promote our Kickstarter!
Risks and challenges
There are alot of challenges we face but, at the moment, most of those are solely financial and getting this story to print.
We've paid outright ourselves to create the first three issues, with the third and final nearing completion. We have two big conventions we'll be attending with AHR Visions, which will cost us money in travel, hotel and food. Besides, the regular cost of living like rent, college debt, food and everything else, plus added payments we have to make on our debt.
6S LLC. is something we've invested alot of time, money and effort into because we see a prosperous future in the ideas we've created and will continue to pour our hearts and souls into this.
We aren't looking to be a charity case or present a needless sob story, everyone has their problems and must overcome difficulties.
No, what we're looking for are investors in this brand and series. By pledging to our series you are investing in the future of The Six Swords and taking part in bringing it to life. By pledging you are putting faith in these characters and see the potential of this series that we see and we thank you for it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (33 days)