* £1 Backers will need to choose Reward #2 to get the Free reminder band
The Habit Journal is a guided notebook for tracking your habits and reaching your goals.
It's designed to help you set and reach any goal you choose. By planning and reflecting on your habits, you focus on the processes rather than the goal itself. Yes, goals are important to identify and give direction, but your daily habits are what will get you there. There are plenty of habit tracking apps on the market today, but The Habit Journal is the first notebook style journal to help track habits using pen and paper. As with any traditional paper exercise, it creates more commitment and accountability from anyone using it on a daily basis.
There are 6 main areas where goals and habits can be set and tracked:
It’s really simple – its based around a plan/do/reflect style of journaling.
- You choose a goal.
- You write down the daily habits that you think will help you achieve that goal.
- You plug those habits into your daily tracker pages.
- Then at the end of each day, take 5 minutes to reflect on how you did.
- Reflect at the end of each week and repeat until the month end.
Use it for recording your daily habits. Use it to plan your day ahead. Use it to reflect on how well you did throughout the day and assess the progress you are making towards your goals. Use it to get in the habit of feeling gratitude. Use it to hold yourself accountable for actions taken or not taken. Take it everywhere, mark off your habits as you go along and remind yourself that this is your life, you can choose any goal and practice any habit.
1. It helps you focus on the small actions you can take today. Too many off us focus on the bigger picture and become overwhelmed with goals. When you concentrate on the small wins you can make every day, you’ll notice instant progress towards achieving your goal.
2. It forces you to become your own accountability partner. The journal won’t shout at you. It wont tell you you're fat. It wont phone your mum and tell her you’re not taking your vitamins. It will however make you feel accountable for your own progress and this in itself, will empower you to take action.
3. There is science behind it. It is scientifically proven that journaling provides you with clarity, reduces stress and provides a better understanding of yourself and your habits.
4. It only takes 5 minutes effort every night. That’s it. You don’t have to do anything other than plan at the start of the week and reflect at the end of the day.
5. You can’t turn it off. Set the journal beside your bedside as a reminder. Unlike your habit tracking app, it can’t be turned off or ignored. The basic act of putting pen to paper brings its own reward.
6. It’s simple. There’s not a whole lot to it. Our tagline pretty much describes how simple it really is: Track your habits, achieve your goals, change your life.
I genuinely believe The Habit Journal can help anyone improve their life. Whether you're a housewife who wants to lose weight, a student who wants to get better results, a entrepreneur who wants to be more successful or a life coach who wants to help your clients, the journal will be of benefit.
One important caveat though: It’s not magic. You still have to put the hard work in. However, once you start noticing improvements in any area you focus on, you'll realise that anything is possible and your goals will start getting bigger.
In The Habit Journal, you’ll find a simple and beautiful layout, designed to get you thinking about what you truly want in every area of your life.
Take a look at a sample of The Habit Journal:
The journal includes the following:
- Yearly Goal plan.
- Monthly plan and reflection.
- Weekly plan and reflection.
- Daily tracker.
- Pre populated "Foundation" habits to get you in the right frame of body and mind to do more habits.
- A weekly to-do/ priority section.
- A weeky notes and ideas section.
- A daily gratitude section.
And the following physical features:
- High quality acid free paper that will not bleed through.
- Date free pages so you can start anytime of the year.
- Lay flat design.
- A5 size.
- High quality soft feel cover with logo.
- Page marker ribbon.
- Made in the UK.
Any habits you can think of. I've started a list over at www.thehabitjournal.com but here are some of the more popular habits to track:
For as far back as I can remember I've had trouble with public speaking. So when I was due to get married in January 2013, the thought of giving a speech to over 100 people was truly terrifying. I knew I needed to somehow overcome my fear. So I started by writing my goal in the middle of an a4 page. I then thought about all the things I could practice until the wedding to make me more confident and help me achieve the goal. Talk to a stranger every day. Practice speaking out loud in the car on my way to work. Visualising the reception room full of family and friends. Going over my speech again and again. Eventually after a few weeks of tracking these new habits, I started to feel more at ease with the speech. On the day itself everything went really well and my speech was a success.
And this got me thinking about my habits and what I really could achieve if I started tracking the right ones. And the habit journal was born.
If you can't afford The Habit Journal then you need it more than anyone!!
This is why I am giving it away FREE to anyone that can't participate in the campaign itself but would like to change their life through tracking their habits.
Just share this project by clicking one or both the buttons below:
Then send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get the printable PDF version once the campaign finishes.
The Habit Journal changed my life. It's as simple as that. So many people have asked me about where to start and what to do. I would start with watching your daily habits. Shine the light of consciousness on what you do day to day and you'll start improving your life. If you are sceptical, try the printable version for a month.
The design work is finished and I have one of the top book manufacturers in the UK ready to print the journal for us. As soon as the campaign is finished I will place the order for the journals. Once manufactured, they will be shipped to me and I will then carry out the final step of fulfilment by delivering them to backers.
I aim to ship all journals by mid April. With any product that needs to be manufactured there is always the possibility of unforeseen delays. However, I will keep all backers updated with progress throughout the entire process.
Risks and challenges
As with any Kickstarter involving a physical item, the biggest risk for us is manufacturing and shipping. However, we have our manufacturer ready to print so I expect to ship the journals in a timely fashion.
I've seen enough Kickstarter campaigns to know most people just want the truth. That is what you will get with this project. TRANSPARENCY. I will keep everyone informed of progress throughout this process but if you have any questions please just ask - email@example.com.
The journal has changed my life and I want this for you too, so if problems do come up or you aren’t happy with your journal, I promise to do everything I can to make it right.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)