What is Butoh Electra?
Butoh Electra is a physical theatre performance event that follows the story of Electra from Greek mythology, whose inner life stood at odds with the world of walking dead in which she lived.
If you weren't able to make it to last year's production, this trailer should give you a pretty good idea what the show is like...
What about the "at the Irondale Center" part?
Butoh Electra played to sold-out houses and great critical acclaim in 2011 as part of FringeNYC-- The New York International Fringe Festival. Now, in August, we have been invited to kick off the 2012-2013 season at the historic Irondale Center-- an enormous and well-regarded multi-arts venue in the heart of the BAM Cultural District in Fort Greene, Brooklyn! As our presenter, the Irondale Center is generously providing us with space to perform, box office support, and access to their state-of-the-art sound, lighting, and projection equipment, but we -- the show's creators -- are responsible for all other costs associated with producing our show. These include:
- Production staff
- Miscellaneous materials (like copies of the script)
- Jordan Rosin: Creator/Producer
- Sophia Schrank: Director/Choreographer
- Mo Geiger: Lead Production Designer
- Thomas Murphy: Composer/Sound Designer
- Christian Leadley: Fight Choreographer
- Daryl Eisenberg, CSA: Casting Director
- Gabrielle Sinclair: Production Stage Manager
- Chloe Fox: Graphic Designer / Video Editor
- Luca Nicora: Movement Captain
- Hannah Scott: Electra
- Torrey Wigfield: Orestes
- Yokko: The Mother
- Shang-Ho Huang:The Usurper
- Peter Trojgaard: Old General
- Erika Weinheimer: The Sister
- Peter Trojgaard, Robin Rose Singer, Christina Stone, Eiko Kawashima, Janice Amano: The Remnants of Humanity
Where will the money be going?
To help us realize the visions of our beautiful and amazing Production Designer, Mary Olin (Mo) Geiger, whose job will be to transform
Still not convinced?
Check out some rehearsal footage! Visit www.theumegroup.org to see our video blog and get a peek behind-the-scenes!
To help us make this production a reality, click the green button on the top right to donate! Thank you!
- (27 days)