Doctor Charles Malcom always dreamed of worlds far beyond his own. With a team of scientists and countless experiments, he finally broke out of Earth and onto the rest of the planescape! Unfortunately, his experiments caused unforeseen troubles by disrupting the flow of other worlds. With the gods of the planescape threatening punishment for all eternity, it is up to Charles and his overseer from the gods, Fallore, to right the wrongs his devices have caused.
This time, Charles finds himself in the city of Aidis, a faltering castle town with a thief problem. A thief who has her eyes on a royal magical treasure, the machine core of experiment #26. Will you side with the elven thief, Raiyne, to help liberate it from the clutches of Lady Beta and her court or will you remain loyal to the court and find a way to safely (and legally) liberate it from their possession before it brings about doom?
Order of Ataxia: Initial Effects is an adventure visual novel playable on Windows, Macs, and Linux devices where your choices can bring a world to the brink of disaster, win the hearts of those you meet along the way, or find a way to make it back home. With the company of four beautiful girls, several possible endings to Dr. Malcom's tale, and a wide plethora of art to unlock, an epic adventure awaits.
The characters and their sprites are completed, the story is in late stages of completion, and the graphical user interface is all shined up and ready for the spotlight. However, there are several important things that we have been restricted due to budget constraints. These constraints are why we are here today asking for your help. Making an amazing adventure that hooks our audience is very important to us and we want to ensure that our readers get an experience they won't forget. Several assets right now are either licensed or royalty free. While they work for their intended purposes, we feel that the game could be so much more if these assets were replaced and upgraded with more unique, original songs and backgrounds.
Backgrounds: Right now, we have royalty free backgrounds from various people. While they mostly work for our intended purposes, there are a lot of restrictions at the moment that limit the game from being able to go into certain areas. We don't have backgrounds for the elven camps on the outskirts of Aidis, so some of the adventures out there have to be currently curtailed. With your help here, we can further explore Aidis and have a breadth of new locales for our adventures to take place.
Additional CG Illustrations: While story is a key part of our visual novel, art is right there hand in hand. While our original budget allowed for a decent amount of illustrations, there were a few number of story scenes and... interesting moments with the girls that had to either be downplayed or avoided because we couldn't afford to have illustrations for those. A lot of our aimed kickstarter amount is to increase the amount of illustrations of the gripping story and sexy times so they can be enjoyed in greater amount!
Music: Custom music is very expensive and one of the things that our original budget could not afford. One of the biggest things that this kickstarter is aimed to improve is our soundtrack, taking it from songs licensed from a third party to songs that are custom made and fitted for the soundtrack. While I say songs, I would be wrong to say that the money would only go towards songs. Sound effects are also a top priority for things that we are aiming to include. Immersion is important and that starts with the smallest of details.
Voices: One of the biggest things we would like to add to the game is voices for the game. Like I mentioned earlier, immersion is important and voices are one of the first steps towards hitting that goal. The voices would be in English since that is the primary language of our writer.
A proper opening/trailer video: The project head did that one. We'd rather he not do that ever again.
- 10% Kickstarter Fees
- 15% Rewards
- 15% Voices
- 15% Backgrounds
- 15% Music
- 30% CG Illustrations
- Special thanks: Have I taken the time to mention how anyone who helps out this noble undertaking is awesome? Because you are.
- Digital Copy: Prior to our decision to upgrade everything, we went through Greenlight, so Steam codes will be available to all backers. Go forward and collect those backgrounds and cards we have planned!
- Digital Copy with soundtrack: I don't know about you all, but I like to collect the soundtracks to some of my favorite games. At this tier, you can get a digital copy of the soundtrack that you are helping fund!
- Digital Copy with soundtrack and special wallpapers: In addition to the game and music
- Physical Copy: For those of you who like physical copies of games, we will send a hard copy of the game in a slim case! Digital may come and go, but hard copies last! Assuming you don't lose them like I do. Just in case, you will be provided a Steam code as well.
- Physical Copy with soundtrack: In addition to the hard copy of the game, we will send the OST in its own special case with the game for your listening pleasure! Never wonder what you are going to listen to on long car rides again!
- Physical Copy with soundtrack and special artcards of wallpapers: Everything in the rest of the physical bundle, but with some postcard sized art cards of some of favorite illustrations! Now you can array them out instead of flipping through one at a time!
- Physical Copy with above and choice of dakimakura: Want to have some extra hugging time with Fallore or Sophia? Well, now you can with the dakimakura tier! Right now, there is only those two, but large enough demand may persuade us to increase the daki roster. Updates with the daki art will be appearing as the kickstarter goes along.
- Physical Copy with above and both dakimakura: Sometimes it is hard to pick a favorite. Just go ahead and skip all that by choosing both!
- Design a character: There's nothing quite like having your own character assisting with adventures. If you back at this level, you can add your character to the supporting ranks of Ataxia. Some minor alterations may occur to properly integrate them into the universe (we will be confiscating marine power armor at the door, I apologize).
IDHAS Studios is a veteran English Visual Novel studio that has worked on several titles over the past eight years to include the Rising Angels series, Pyrite Heart, and The Halberd and The Tiger. You can see some of our other works at our website. You can also check out our flagship visual novel, Rising Angels: Reborn, on Steam for free. We will be working the visual novel publisher, Sekai Project, to bring this game out.
Writers: Fuzai Neko/Chief Komi
Risks and challenges
Due to the amount of experience in the team, a lot of the usual risks are lessened. The team has done this before and has a very strong idea about how long things will take and how much money needs to be properly budgeted to ensure success. The biggest risk that comes with this project is the timing. While we have detailed outlines on how long things will take and have added some buffer times to it, things can happen and cause delays. It's an unavoidable risk that comes with all game making.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)