Happy Holidays Kickstarter Backers!
2013 was an incredible year for BACK ON BOARD Greg Louganis. With the help of the incredible support of many many supporters like you, we were able to finish principal photography on our film and we got some great attention in the process! We are now hard at work in the editing room and look forward to finishing the film in 2014. The film has taken longer than we anticipated to finish, but we know it will be worth it!
We write to you today, confident about the film and grateful for your encouragement, to ask for your year-end support. If you're in a position to give your support again we would be so grateful! Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution now to help us finish the BACK ON BOARD.
Your year-end contribution will be used immediately to help pay for editing, sound mixing and design, color correction, archival footage and music.
In the spirit of reflecting on what we've done this year, we are proud to present to you our BACK ON BOARD year in review. In 2013:
- BACK ON BOARD was nominated for IndieWire's Project of the Year
- Greg was back on TV as the star of ABC's SPLASH (we shot with him on the set)!
- We threw a big Pride Weekend fundraising party in NYC (thanks Robby Browne!) and 100+ people came to support the film and meet Greg
- Grey Sample came on board as our new Executive Producer!
- We received support for the film this year from Frameline Filmmaker Completion Fund, Andrew Tobias, The Shelley & Donald Rubin Foundation, The Chessie Foundation, The Community Foundation for the Capital Region‘s Kate Cashel Fund, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Terrence Meck, Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS, the National Swimming Pool Foundation and many more incredible individuals!
- We got some great press for our film in Huffington Post and GO MAGAZINE.
- Greg got engaged to Johnny Chaillot (we shot the proposal!)
- Greg became an outspoken activist powerful news appearances on Anderson Cooper, Hardball with Chris Matthews, and NPR's The Takeaway.
- Greg and Johnny got married in a sunset ceremony in Malibu, California (We shot all of the photos and video of the wedding!)
Thank you again for all of your support of our film so far.
Please consider making a contribution today to help us share our film and Greg's incredible story with the widest possible audience.
Thank you so much for your support. Happy Holidays!
Cheryl Furjanic, Will Sweeney, and Amanda Keropian