The first interactive bag you can scan with an NFC smartphone to access exclusive services. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on March 1, 2013.
About this project
Read about CHERRY on the bag in some recent Press from:
BAG COLLECTOR: http://bit.ly/X7oB2Q
Discover also our Facebook page:
WHY SUPPORT CHERRY on the bag?
Do you want to:
- enjoy having a top-quality bag with a clean and elegant design?
- benefit from exclusive interactive services (Product infos, Anti-theft, One-scan buy, Cherry Club)?
- be in possession of an authentic and numbered bag?
- invest in a product which keeps all its value on resale?
CHERRY on the bag has been made for you!
WATCH A PRODUCT DEMO HERE:
Currently available on Android NFC-enabled smartphones (soon on other OS)
Exclusive value-added services
Tap your phone on the NFC chip on our bags and access a wide range of interactive services like the BAG IDENTITY (authenticity, model, description, owner, production place and date, name of the craftsman,etc.), ONE-SCAN BUY (if you want to re-order products, just tap your phone on your bag), the CHERRY CLUB (exclusive advantages: access limited editions, special deals, etc.) In addition, every CHERRY on the bag offers a free ANTI-THEFT service (if your bag is stolen or lost, you can contact us to de-activate the certificate. If the bag is scanned, a message “bag stolen or lost” will appear, with information on how to find the owner. This means that if your bag is found, someone scanning the bag will receive our contacts so that we can retrieve it and send it back to you.
Guarantee the authenticity of your bag using your NFC smartphone.
We want to be able to guarantee this original quality to our customers. By fitting each of our bags with a microchip containing a digital certificate you can instantaneously verify the authenticity of the bag simply by scanning it with your NFC smartphone.
A simple, yet innovative solution.
The technology used to achieve this is called Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) It's the same technology used when you make a bank transfer with your online banking software. The solution offers a very high level of security and currently works with any Android NFC-enabled phones. Near Field Communication (NFC) is a rapidly growing technology. By end 2013, 50% of all smartphones sold will be equipped with it (IMS Research). See list of current and upcoming NFC phones in FAQ 1.
Increase the second-hand resale value
This authentication also enables us to offer a solution for ensuring that our bags retain their value over time for resale purposes. The new purchaser can use the scanning feature to access information about the bag contained in the microchip (authenticity, date of purchase, manufacture, previous owner(s), etc.)
The Weekender Bag
CHERRY leather weekender bag specially designed for overnight or weekend trips away. Beautifully crafted in 100% full-grain calfskin leather. Features numerous organizer pockets for all your holiday essentials and travel documents. Comes with a comfortable detachable shoulder strap, allowing you to travel in style and handsfree. There is also a unique printed inner lining design developed from photos taken on film-based cameras, and inviting you on a voyage of discovery.
The Messenger Bag
Our CHERRY Messenger is a laptop bag for your professional essentials.Impeccably crafted in 100% full-grain calfskin leather, the bag is detailed with custom printed inner linings developed from photos taken on film-based cameras, and inviting you on a voyage of discovery.Functional features include a padded interior iPad and laptop sleeve (for 13 and 15-inch), a padded interior smartphone sleeve and internal zip pocket.
Beautifully crafted in 100% full-grain calfskin leather, the everyday CHERRY wallet features 4 credit card slots, coin pouch, currency pocket, and a white and blue printed inner lining developed from photos taken on film-based cameras, and inviting you on a voyage of discovery.
- With printed inner lining 46° 00 N 9° 00 E
The tablet sleeves
Keep your iPad2, iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab2 or Google Nexus7 safe and secure with these simple and elegant, perfectly sized, 100% full-grain calfskin leather sleeves and with a white and blue printed inner lining. The slim shape doesn't add bulk to your bag and is easily portable. Include our NFC tag to access our exclusive services.
- With printed inner lining 46° 00 N 9° 00 E
Here's what your donation will go toward:
- First production run for all the products mentioned above (bringing the project to Kickstarter allows you the opportunity to pre-order the bags and accessories at special pre-production prices).
- Marketing efforts to build our E-commerce website and to get our first items into boutiques.
- Custom design for the Cherry mobile app.
- Kickstarter Fees
WHO HELPED US TO GET THERE
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- SELINKO (www.selinko.com), our object identity platform.
- IT’S A BOY: for the creative direction of the entire project. Thanks for your crucial input, incredible ideas and encouragement along the way (email@example.com)
- Corentin Parmentier and crew@OUAT for helping us make an awesome video.
- Adelie Carpentier (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your precious support in the making of the mobile app demo video.
- Nina Bodenhorst@NIYONA (www.niyona.be) for the product design.
- INSIDE SECURE, our chipset partner (www.insidesecure.com)
- Laurie, Nathalie F, Didier, Arnaud, Jean-Pierre, Thierry, Nathalie M, Marie-Julie, Lara, Nadia, Steph L, "Les Filles", Dorian and a bunch of other folks...all have given us more support, input and encouragement than we could ever expect.
- And you, the KICKSTARTER BACKERS who make this even possible!
1. Which smartphones can I use to scan my CHERRY on the bag ?Any Android phone equipped with an NFC chipset. (Other OS will be available in a second step. We will keep you updated).
For a complete list of current and upcoming NFC phones, you can follow this link: http://www.nfcworld.com/nfc-phones-list
2 . Do I need an internet connection to access the CHERRY on the bag services ? Yes, you need to access the internet either through wifi or through a mobile internet data connection (2G or more).
3. Where on the bag do I need to scan to access the interactive services? Place your NFC smartphone against our logo outside of our bags, wallets, tablet, sleeves and start the scan.
4. How quick is it to access the online services? 1 or 2 seconds depending on the speed of your data connection.
5. Can the chipset stored in the CHERRY on the bag discharge itself ? No, the chip is recharged when you approach your phone to scan it, just by being placed in the magnetic field. Our vendor guarantees that information can remain stored on the chip can be stored for at least 10 years without being scanned.
6. If my bag is stolen or lost, can someone access my personal data? No because your personal data is stored on our servers, and only you can access the information using your password.
7. If my bag is stolen or lost, how people will know they can scan it to access info on how to reach me? Inside our products, you will find a distinctive logo and message to inform people that Cherry is an interactive product.
8. Is the app free? Yes, the Cherry app is 100% free and is available on Android.
9. Bags dimensions :
Weekender Bag : (approved cabin size)
- in cm: 51 Width x 36 Height x 22 Depth
- in inches: 20" Width x 14.2" Height x 8.7" Depth (Handle lenght:10")
Messenger Bag :
- in cm: 39 Width x 29 Height x 9 Depth
- in inches: 15.4” Width x 11.4 Height x 3.5 Depth
- in cm: 10 Width x 10 Height x 0.1 Depth
- in inches: 3.9” Width x 3.9 Height x 0.4 Depth
- in cm: 21 Width x 25 Height
- in inches: 8" Width x 10" Height
iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab2 or Google Nexus7 sleeve:
- in cm: 13 Width x 21,4 Height
- in inches: 5.11” Width x 8.3 Height
10.How do I order the collection (based on the printed inner lining) I want?
That’s the next step! When the campaign ends (if we are successful), we’ll send you an e-mail, where you can let us know which collection you would like to order.
10. When can I receive my CHERRY on the bag product?
If we meet our Kickstarter objectives, we will launch the first production and you should receive it in August (leather order 6 weeks, hand-manufacturing 12 weeks, shipping 2 weeks).
Risks and challenges
One of the largest challenges for this project moving forward are the production and material sourcing.
As a first production run, there are always unexpected issues that could arise.
What has helped this project get past these issues so far - and will also help in the future- is a combination of a few things:
- Vast and specific knowledge of a strong team specialized in different areas (Fashion, Design, Engineer, IT and Marketing)
- But also strong partners we have consulted all along the process and most importantly, a specialized leather manufacturer that has many years of experience making premium bags production runs large and small.
We plan to keep our backers involved throughout the process as we work to meet the production timeline. We appreciate your support and can't wait to share our experience of bringing this brand to market.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)