That's a Wrap - Dyepot Weekly #35 is out!
We did it! Dyepot Weekly #35!
It's done, that's a wrap. Let's close up shop and head home.... OR let's keep going! These first 35 episodes of Dyepot Weekly are only the beginning of our dyeing adventures. I have so many more types of dye, fiber, and techniques to explore with you.
Other New Dyepot Weekly Episodes
Since the last update, we had three other episodes come out:
- Dyepot Weekly #32 - I dyed wool and cotton yarns with Avocado pits and skins. I didn't use any mordants or vinegar, I wanted to see what types of colors we could get with just the vegetable matter. I plan to try this again this summer using some mordants to intensify the colors.
- Dyepot Weekly #33 - Does heat make a difference when you dye wool with Tulip Tie dye? I left out an important control, so I plan to revisit this experiment and add a few more variables to the study. Hopefully I'll start filming this one this week!
- Dyepot Weekly #34 - I dyed some dry sock yarn with tulip tie dyes. This "dry rub" technique is a new favorite, and you can expect to see some more variations of this theme in the coming weeks.
Rewatch Dyepot Weekly from the Beginning
Did you miss any episodes of Dyepot Weekly along the day? Don't despair, you can find them all in the following playlist:
How Can I Support ChemKnits Now?
Now that the Kickstarter is over, how can you continue to support ChemKnits?
- Watch the YouTube Videos! Interacting with the videos (thumbs up, comments, etc) is a great way to help boost these videos so more people can see them. If you love a video, share it with your friends on social media.
- Subscribe to the ChemKnits Tutorials YouTube Channel. This way you can be notified of new dyeing videos and keep up to date.
- Become a Patron of ChemKnits on Patreon. I am about to film the first Patreon Early Access video this afternoon! Patrons can also get exclusive behind the scenes sneak peeks, influence over new content, and more.
- Future destash sale... stay tuned for something brand new! I'll let you all know once the shop is open.
When I look back to where I was last fall, I was nervous about launching a Kickstarter and hoping to commit to creating one new video a week. I had no idea that 6 months later I would be on a 2 videos/week schedule and filming multiple interactive livestreams a month. I didn't know that I would become friends with you, and get excited when I see familiar names pop up in comments.
The journey of the first 35 episodes of Dyepot Weekly might be over, but there are so many journeys left ahead. I will give you guys periodic updates of what is going on in the land of ChemKnits. Sometimes there might be a big announcement (there might be one soon!) and other times I'll just update you with some of my favorite new Dyepot Weekly episodes.
Thank you. Thank you for supporting this Kickstarter. If you were a fan of ChemKnits before, thank you for pushing me to explore my creativity further. If you are a new fan of ChemKnits, thank you for having faith in my skills. Thank you for supporting me through this journey. There is a fire inside me and I cannot wait to see what other beautiful things to create.
Rebecca from ChemKnits