Hello, I'm Chef Dolores Allen, Creator & Owner of Build a Pizza. It is a featured service and product that offers a unique experience that offers the art of building personalized themed pizza and cookies. It’s all about being the C.H.E.F. (Creative~Healthy~Exciting~Fun) of the Day for all ages. It’s unique, because it brings out the creativeness in everyone with healthy options. Customers can plan their events at Build a Pizza with the ease of knowing that everyone will enjoy every moment. I am a Certified Chef with a passion for providing great services with the highest level of customer satisfaction and safety. This is my journey of building the first location in the Houston, Texas area. I decided people would have to experience it first-hand in order to love it as my family and I do! We appreciate any support in making this dream come true!!
A little about me, I currently own a catering & service company, D's Family Kitchen. I have successfully been in business for over 4 years. I graduated from the Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago in 2009 and obtained my degree an Associates in Applied Science - Culinary. In 1995, Robert Morris College I obtained my Associates in Business Management. I am a single mom of 19 year old twins, son & daughter and 23 year old daughter. They loved building pizzas growing up and we still do it today! I'm exciting about bringing Build a Pizza to the market, because I love everything food and have a passion for great customer service. I created Build a Pizza in 2016 after experiencing it with my niece and nephew. They kept singing Build a Pizza and loved it! Build a Pizza is about bringing people together to create memories. The location will be a place where anyone can visit to enjoy fun & delicious edible food art with fresh ingredients and no preservatives. The dough is made homemade with unique ingredients like non in the pizza market today. The pizza sauce is homemade and delicious! Build a Pizza will offer this and a place where people will visit to dine day and night, celebrate special moments or de-stress. I'm excited about Build a Pizza, because of everything that it will offer...bringing people together to be the C.H.E.F. of the day!
Build a Pizza is not another place to just take the kids. Our biggest impact will be services for all ages. Everyone will have the opportunity to be creative and bring out their imagination with food art. Be proud of the food art they created and want to continue creating something new & exciting. It is family entertainment that is personalized to each individual. Socially,our goal is to bring people together for an educational food art experience. Environmentally, our food is delivered with non-preservative food ingredients. Our goal is to work with local farmers and/or businesses to bring fresh ingredients to Build a Pizza. Culturally, our goal is to celebrate all occasions with themes to tailor to different cultures. This includes special holidays and nationally celebrated days for everyone to be able to experience Build a Pizza.
I'm very dedicated to the future success of Build a Pizza! The new location will be a bright, welcoming and fun environment. I have the following ready and awaiting for me to get started. My goal is to open up the doors in June 2020 with your help and support.
- Realtor - Assisting with finding location in The Woodlands, TX
- Architect company - Completing drawings of build-out
- Construction company - Completing the final details of the location and contract
- Designer - Designing new location space management & decor
- Equipment & Supplies - List prepared with sources in place
Other Ways You Can Help
If you cannot contribute financially, please consider helping in one of the following methods:
- Please share with your personal family, friends & colleagues to get the word out
- Donations of restaurant supplies and/or kitchen equipment needed
- Volunteer or donate services for build-out
Thank you for your Support!
~Chef D Allen~
Risks and challenges
There are a couple challenges to bring Build a Pizza to a retail location.
1) The total cost of building the 1st location. I am a single mother of three with one in college and two headed there.
2) Build a Pizza is new to the market, so brand recognition is not prominent. I am in the final stages of my trademark with the decision being finalized. I am planning a pre-launch event on May 2, 2020. The event will introduce Build a Pizza and have people experience it before the grand opening. I ask everyone to spread the word about the new service. I will be advertising at all events and the grand opening via the following channels:
Word of Mouth
Radio & Media
USPS Postcard Mailings
all others channels....