Hang in there, dear backers :-)
And the shipping continues...
Since our last update, we have received the canvas style and leather straps, and we are continuing to ship Rebel-DDC July watches containing those straps. And now for an update on the rest of the babies...
Why the delay?
We pride ourselves on being one of the most transparent Kickstarters and always strive to keep our exact promises to our backers. We're sorry if some of our previous updates appeared a little bit vague, but the production dust had not yet settled, and we had to wait for a clearer picture to provide you with precise data.
The production of our watches has taken longer than expected. As we are sure you know, we are working extremely hard to get everything out to you guys asap. One thing is for sure, when you get your watch, you will be blown away and will have one heck of a unique timepiece to flaunt around town.
We thought we had approximated the "estimated delivery times" correctly, considering that this is our third Kickstarter project. But... Every project has a life of its own. Indeed, while this is our third campaign, the Rebel is remarkably unique and particularly challenging because it's not only rectangular but also curved.
Simply put we can attribute the delays to the following factors:
- The curved sapphire crystal production time took three weeks longer than anticipated
- Delay in delivery of automatic movements
- Some of the cases did not pass pre-assembly QA, and assembly cannot start until all the parts are ready for the production run
- The Rebel-GMT is most delayed because it was added in middle of the live campaign and was, therefore, last to go into production
- Backers did not complete their selections in a timely manner. This creates a problem: Why should the backers who completed their selection on time be delayed because of some backers who failed to do so? As in previous campaigns, this is a problem for which we have yet to find a solution.
Estimated Arrival and Shipping Dates
- The Rebel-A: Assembly is set to begin this coming Monday and should be completed by November 15th. We should have all watches in by November 25th.
- The Rebel-AC: Assembly is slated to begin on October 30th and should be completed on November 20th. We could have all the watches in by November 30th.
- The Rebel-DDC (non-July): Assembly is set to begin November 25th and should be completed by December 10th. We should have all watches in by December 20th.
- The Rebel-GMT: Assembly is set to begin November 30 and should be completed by December 15th. We should have all watches in by December 23rd.
We are working tirelessly to speed up the estimated delivery dates. Watches will be dispatched to backers as they are received. We will continue to update you with concrete times as we get closer to each receiving time frame. We do apologize for the delays, but compromising on quality is not up for discussion :).
International Backers - Important!
International backers should be aware of the information located at this link regarding their shipping and tracking information. Please take a moment to read that information, it will be beneficial to you, and may save you time reaching out to us with questions regarding your tracking information :).
Change of Address?
As we do not have exact shipping dates currently, what should you do if you're not sure where you will be (home or out of town) when your watch does ship to you?
We do recommend you choose a shipping address at which packages can be accepted anytime, even if you are out of town (for example, your work address, the work address of a friend, or the home address of someone you can trust).
For address changes, please email info@LIVwatches.com using the subject line: "ADDRESS CHANGE" and specify the email address associated with your order, your old address and your new address. A member of our team will confirm that they have received your address change within a week of you sending the email.
Final Word - Thank YOU!
Nothing gives us more pleasure than seeing our fans wearing our incredible timepieces. We have nothing but gratitude for you guys for helping us bring this killer watch to life. You guys will go absolutely BANANAS when this baby arrives at your doorstep.
In the meantime, we're here for you!
As always, all backers should feel free to contact us via the live chat at http://rewards.livwatches.com or via phone +1 718 548 9282 for urgent requests.
Have a great weekend,