Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a description of the difference between styles. Each style will be available in a variety of color options.
• Analog Alarm: A piezoelectric quartz (battery powered) watch which also contains an alarm
• Diver’s Auto Ceramic: A self-winding (motion/inertia powered, NOT battery powered) watch designed for underwater diving
• GX Automatic Chronograph: A self-winding (motion/inertia powered, NOT battery powered) watch which also contains a stopwatch (aka chronograph)
• P51 Auto Chrono Steel Ceramic: A self-winding (motion/inertia powered, NOT battery powered) watch which also contains a stopwatch (aka chronograph)
• P51 Auto Chrono Titanium Ceramic: As above but with a Titanium case (instead of steel)Last updated:
We are offering 4 different watches in this campaign, each type is available in a variety of colors:
• Analog Alarm: 7 jewel Ronda Caliber 4120.B
• Diver’s Auto Ceramic: 25 Jewel ETA Caliber 2824-2 (standard)
• GX Automatic Chronograph: 25 Jewel Sellita Caliber SW500 (elabore)
• P51 Auto Chrono Steel Ceramic: 25 Jewel Sellita Caliber SW500 (elabore)
• P51 Auto Chrono Titanium Ceramic - 25 Jewel Sellita Caliber SW500 (elabore)Last updated:
Wondering how the dials of our watches shine at night? The answer is luminous material that our watchmakers use on the dial to make the indices and hands shine in low-light condition. Our watchmakers use the BG-W9 lume material made by Super-LuminNova.Last updated:
We love Kickstarter for so many reasons, here are some:
1. It strengthens and builds the LIV community. The campaign encourages our fans to get involved and communicate with us in an authentic and direct way. Through our first three Kickstarters, we have developed and maintained close relationships with people all over the world, to the extent that it does feel like family at times. Many of our fans have shared their personal stories with us, as we have with them, and that's what makes this experience so unique and special to us.
2. It allows us to offer our watches at accessible prices. Since we have to produce X amount of timepieces to fill the minimum order quantities required by our manufacturers, Kickstarter allows us to pre-sell our new collections, giving us the buying power, and giving our fans a significant discount in return.
3. It provides an incredible planning framework. It forces us to explain why the product needs to exist, how it's different from its competitors, create a timeline, and many other components that ensure that our production runs smoothly and efficiently. It also allows us to gauge the public's interest in a particular product, and plan for new products accordingly.
4. It's an updated version of a "launch party." It's a one-month long party! It's exhausting and filled with adrenaline, but an excellent experience. We wouldn't have it any other way.Last updated:
Every project on Kickstarter must be creating something new to share with others. A project has a clear goal, like making a watch. It will eventually be completed, and it will produce something.
A project is a finite work with a clear goal that the creator would like to bring to life. Like the GX watches. A creator is a person or team behind the project idea, working to bring it to life, like Team LIV, here at LIV Watches. Backers are folks who pledge money to join creators in bringing projects to life. Rewards are a creator's chance to share a piece of their project with their backer community. In our case, we'll be offering Limited Edition watches to our backers.Last updated:
You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or American Express. Kickstarter does not currently accept Maestro or Visa Electron cards.
If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount. In order for your pledge to count towards a project's funding goal, you must pledge through the project page using a credit card. You cannot pay via check or cash. While Kickstarter supports most major credit cards, but they do not support payment with Paypal at this time.Last updated:
We’ll be shipping all rewards in November 2018.Last updated:
You can purchase online any of our existing collections on our website - LIVwatches.com or on Amazon.com.
We currently have 6 collections available to ship right away:
GX1 SWISS CHRONO
GX1-A 42MM AUTO
This is our FOURTH Kickstarter campaign so we know what we are doing, and we have an EXCELLENT track record and history in providing an amazing quality product at an accessible price! Our last Kickstarter campaign alone received over 1.7 million dollars in funding. We have thousands of fans and have shipped thousands of watches to people all over the world, who absolutely love our watches.
Our integrity is very important to us, and our goal is to exceed our fans' expectations, so you can be sure we will deliver on what we promise. The reviews posted about us all over the place online are proof of this.Last updated:
After being in the watch industry for 22+ years, Chaz realizes there's a need for a new type of quality, precision watch. He establishes LIV Watches a direct-to-consumer microbrand crafting durable Swiss timepieces built to suit the modern man.
At the end of 2014, we launch with the GX1 on Kickstarter; we get fully funded within the first 11 hours. Just over a year later, we bring the GX1-A to life and receive over 1.1 million dollars in funding. In March 2017, we launch the Rebel, receiving over 1.7 million dollars from over 2,900 customers who had never even heard of us. It remains the most crowdfunded Swiss watch to date.
Click here -https://stories.livwatches.com/our-story - to read our story in more detail:Last updated:
Flat rate of $15 for shipping and insurance to all global backers. Free shipping to all global backers with more than one watch reward.Last updated:
As much as we'd love to, unfortunately, we're unable to accommodate requests for specific limited edition numbers or serial numbers for the following reasons:
1. Because multiple people could ask for the same number, and we don't want to disappoint any of our fans.
2. Because fulfilling requests for Limited Edition numbers would be a logistical nightmare, trying to match every order to the correct number. As you can understand, once we're up to the fulfillment process, we want things to go as quickly as possible, so that we can get your watches out to you as fast as possible.Last updated:
You’ll be able to purchase additional straps and other accessories once the campaign is over.Last updated:
Yes, all LIV watches come with a five-year warranty, including the watches on this Kickstarter campaign!Last updated:
Some countries charge an import duty for purchasing an item from overseas; we wish we had the power to eliminate that tax or charge, but unfortunately, we don't :(. We will do everything we can to minimize the amount you will need to pay, but we can't guarantee how much you will need to pay.Last updated:
We are proud of the watches we are offering and believe there is amazing value built into them. To keep things simple, and so that fans know exactly what they're getting when they pledge, we have decided not to go with stretch goals this time around.Last updated:
All our watches have Swiss movements.
Analog Alarm: Swiss Movement, Made in Germany
Diver's Auto Ceramic: Swiss Movement, Made in Switzerland
GX Automatic Chronograph: Swiss Movement, Made in Switzerland
P51 Auto Chrono Steel Ceramic: Swiss Movement, Made in Switzerland
P51 Auto Chrono Titanium Ceramic: Swiss Movement, Made in SwitzerlandLast updated:
If you want multiple watches, you will need to calculate the total amount for all the watches you would like and then pledge that amount. For example, if you want a GX Automatic Chronograph ($770) and a P51 Auto Chrono Titanium Ceramic ($1170), then add the amounts of each watch together ($770 + $1170 = $1940), that will equal your pledge amount.Last updated:
If you have not received your confirmation message after 24 hours of making your pledge, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will direct you from there :)Last updated:
No. You’ll be able to purchase a Pro Spring Bar Tool once our campaign is over.Last updated:
The lug width on all watches is 23 mm. Other dimensions are as follows:
• Analog Alarm: 43mm diameter, 12.9mm height, 50mm height with lug
• Diver's Auto Ceramic: 44mm diameter; 13.1mm height, 52mm height with lug
• GX Automatic Chronograph: 46mm diameter, 15.9mm height, 54mm height with lug
• P51 Auto Chrono Steel Ceramic: 46mm diameter, 15.9mm height, 51.44mm height with lug
• P51 Auto Chrono Titanium Ceramic: 46mm diameter, 15.9mm height, 51.44mm height with lugLast updated:
• Diver's Auto Ceramic
• GX Automatic Chronograph
• P51 Auto Chrono Steel Ceramic
• P51 Auto Chrono Titanium CeramicLast updated:
Only the straps from the GX1 watches. Straps from this Kickstarter will also be compatible with all existing GX1 watches.Last updated:
We are proud to say the Analog Alarm comes with a cool 3+ years battery life to keep up with your active lifestyle!Last updated:
Watches purchased on Kickstarter may be returned for a complete refund or exchange. If you
don't like your watch, you can return it within 90 days from the date you received it.
Please note that we will only accept returns for watches that have NOT been used, worn or modified in any way. That means you must return your watch in the exact condition in which you received it, with all the tags, plastic stickers, paperwork, box, etc. to qualify for a refund or exchange.Last updated:
There is no need to adjust your reward level. You’ll still qualify for the multiple watch reward level extras and everything will be available for your choosing at the end of the campaign.Last updated:
Yes! You'll receive access to our Kickstarter reservation system where you'll be able to reserve the exact color you want ;). You'll get a private Kickstarter message with us with a link to reserve. If you don't get the link within 24 hours of pledging, please email us at email@example.com.Last updated:
Kickstarter will charge your card when the campaign ends. (On or shortly after June 28th)
Some backers may see a temporary authorization of funds at the time of pledging.
Authorizations generally drop after a few days, but this process can vary depending on your financial institution. If you notice an authorization that doesn’t drop, we recommend that you contact your bank for more details about their authorization procedure.Last updated:
• Analog Alarm - 87g
• Diver's Auto Ceramic - 108.2g
• GX Automatic Chronograph - 140.1g
• P51 Auto Chrono Steel Ceramic - 131.6g
• P51 Auto Chrono Titanium Ceramic - 101.5gLast updated:
Yes, the titanium in the P-51 is treated to be scratch resistant!Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question