Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s a description of the difference between styles. Each style will be available in a variety of colors and with a variety of strap options:
- Saturn V Moon Lander will be powered by a unique Swiss-made quartz movement, the ETA G10.962 EO Chronograph with a Moon phase complication, and be cradled in a meticulously crafted 316L stainless steel, polished to a flawless luster, and offering features sure to wow the watch fanatics, freaks, and fans worldwide.
- Saturn V Moon Dust will be powered by the rock-solid Swiss-made Sellita SW200-1 automatic, an option sure to appeal to traditionalists, and with case material options that include 316L stainless steel (polished or ionic plated) and bronze titanium, this model will take your breath away.Last updated:
We’re offering two different watches in this campaign, each powered by a different Swiss-made premium movement:
• Saturn V Moon Lander: The ETA G10.962 EO Chronograph Moonphase quartz Swiss movement
• Saturn V Moon Dust: The Sellita SW200-1 26-jewel automatic Swiss movementLast updated:
LIV watches are made to time all your adventures. That means you must be able to see them in the dark, whether after sunset, at 100 meters, or spelunking. LIV uses generous amounts of
BG-W9 Super-LumaNova, the material preferred by premium watchmakers. Charge your watch under artificial or natural light and enjoy hours of readability.Last updated:
We love Kickstarter for so many reasons, here are some:
1. It strengthens and builds the LIV community. Each campaign encourages our fans to get involved and communicate with us directly. Through our first four Kickstarters, we’ve developed and maintained close relationships with people all over the world, to the extent that it does feel like family at times. Many of our fans have shared their personal stories with us, as we have with them, and that's what makes this experience so unique and special to us.
2. It allows us to offer our watches at accessible prices. We have to produce a certain number of timepieces to fill the minimum order quantities required by our suppliers. Kickstarter allows us to pre-sell our new collections, giving us the buying power to grab competitive pricing. This lets us give our fans a significant discount in return.
3. It provides an incredible planning framework. It forces us to explain why the product needs to exist, how it's different from its competitors, create a timeline, and many other components that ensure that our production runs smoothly and efficiently. It also allows us to gauge the public's interest in a particular product, and plan for new products accordingly.
4. It's an updated version of an extended "launch party." It's exhausting and filled with adrenaline, but an excellent experience. We wouldn't have it any other way.Last updated:
Kickstarter recognized, like LIV, that the process of a small company getting a product funded and to market was nearly impossible. As a result, many really cool products never saw the light of day. Kickstarter saw crowdfunding as a great way to provide access to capital.
Crowdfunding works like this: A company or individual puts together a detailed plan for their idea. It has a goal, a timeline, a communication plan to keep backers in the loop, and a distribution process to get the reward (the product) to the people.
Think of it like investing in a startup. Kickstarter goes to great lengths to vet each campaign to weed out scams and ideas without any chance of coming to fruition.
In our case, this is our fifth trip to the Kickstarter rodeo. It’s a perfect means for us to bring our latest designs to fans, watch freaks, enthusiasts, and people new to LIV. Plus, with the input we receive from our fans, we’re able to add features and enhancements. Not only do backers help get the watch to market, but they can also contribute to future offerings!Last updated:
You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or American Express.
Kickstarter does not currently accept Maestro or Visa Electron cards.
If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.
In order for your pledge to count towards a project's funding goal, you must pledge through the project page using a credit card. You cannot pay via check or cash.
While Kickstarter supports most major credit cards, but they do not support payment with Paypal at this time.Last updated:
Within a few weeks after the campaign ends, you will receive an email with access to the LIV Rewards Platform where you will input your selections!Last updated:
The watches from the campaign are estimated to start shipping in April 2021.Last updated:
You’ll have the option to purchase additional watches once you’ve made your pledge.Last updated:
This is our FIFTH Kickstarter campaign so we know what we are doing, and we have an EXCELLENT track record and history in providing an amazing quality product at an accessible price! We have thousands of fans all over the world who absolutely love our watches.
Our integrity is very important to us, and our goal is to exceed our fans' expectations, so you can be sure we will deliver on what we promise. The reviews posted about us all over the place online are proof of this.Last updated:
After being in the watch industry for 22+ years, we realized that the standard business model used by the big watch companies priced most consumers out of the Swiss-made market. With this “insider” experience, we knew it didn’t have to be this way; that a new business model could make Swiss quality affordable.
Enter Kickstarter. At the end of 2014, we launched LIV Watches with the GX1 on Kickstarter; getting fully funded within the first 11 hours!
Just over a year later, we brought the GX1-A to life and received over $1.1 million in funding.
In March 2017, we launched the Rebel, receiving more than $1.7 million dollars from over 2,900 customers, many of whom had never even heard of us. It remains the most crowdfunded Swiss watch at that time.
Not resting on our laurels, we launched our most ambitious campaign to date in 2018 featuring four different new models, offering a whole new level and variety of timepieces: a Diver’s, an Alarm, a Pilot’s, and an Automatic Chronograph.
Which brings us to the Saturn V launch. Our fifth launch involving a Saturn V. We see the stars (and Moon) aligning here.Last updated:
We offer a flat rate of $15 for shipping and insurance to all global backers. Purchase more than one watch, and we provide free shipping.Last updated:
As much as we'd love to, unfortunately, we're unable to accommodate requests for specific limited edition numbers for the following reasons:
1. Because multiple people could ask for the same number, and we don't want to disappoint any of our fans.
2. Because fulfilling requests for Limited Edition numbers would be a logistical nightmare, trying to match every order to the correct serial number. As you can understand, once we're up to the fulfillment process, we want things to go as quickly as possible, so that we can get your watches out to you as fast as possible.Last updated:
You’ll be able to purchase additional straps and other accessories once you’ve made your pledge. We’ll send you an email with details, so stay tuned for that ;).Last updated:
Yes, all LIV watches come with a five-year warranty, including the watches on this campaign!Last updated:
Some countries charge an import duty for purchasing an item from overseas; we wish we had the power to eliminate that tax or charge, but unfortunately, we don't :(. We will do everything we can to minimize the amount, but we can't guarantee how much you’ll have to pay.Last updated:
If you want multiple watches, simply calculate the total amount for all the watches you’d like and then pledge that amount.
For example, if you want a Saturn V Moon Lander ($370.00) and a Saturn V Moon Dust ($470.00), add the amounts together ($370.00 + $470.00 = $840.00), that will equal your pledge amount.Last updated:
If you have not received your confirmation message after 24 hours of making your pledge, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll direct you from there :).Last updated:
• Saturn V Moon Lander: Case Diameter: 44 mm, Case Height: 12.7 mm, Strap/Lug Width: 23 mm (fits up to 23 cm or 9” wrists), Lug Height: 51 mm
- Saturn V Moon Dust: Case Diameter: 41.5 mm, Case Height: 12 mm, Strap/Lug Width: 22 mm, Lug Height: 49.5 mmLast updated:
The Saturn V Moon Dust has a crystal exhibition back through which you can see the precision automatic movement.Last updated:
Yes, our 22 mm straps will fit the Saturn V Moon Dust and our 23 mm straps will fit the Saturn V Moon Lander.Last updated:
The Saturn V Moon Lander battery will last a cool 3+ years (38 months by ETA’s calculations) to keep up with your active lifestyle!Last updated:
- Saturn V Moon Lander: 94.0g | 108.0g with strap
- Saturn V Moon Dust: 85.0g | 101.0g with strapLast updated:
We are confident you’ll love your watch. However, on the off chance that you don’t, we offer a 90-day, no question asked return policy for a 100% store credit. You can also exchange your watch within 90 days for an item of equal or lesser value.
We believe it's the right, and the only way to go as a company. The LIV Way.Last updated:
Kickstarter will charge your card when the campaign ends.
Some backers may see a temporary authorization of funds at the time of pledging.
Authorizations generally drop after a few days, but this process can vary depending on your financial institution. If you notice an authorization that doesn’t drop, we recommend that you contact your bank for more details about their authorization procedure.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question