About this project
Our Kickstarter campaign is over, but you can still get a ChargeLight. Visit chargelight.com to place an order.
Why You'll Want ChargeLight.
ChargeLight could be the most powerful and compact LED flashlight and battery pack ever. Smartphones, cameras, and flashlights need to stay charged at all times, so we can use them when we need them. Staying on top of power-hungry devices demands a product that is both lightweight and portable to tote wherever we go. With a beautiful design that suits any decor, ChargeLight is the most universal, practical, and essential product you may ever own.
Always stay charged.
We know how hard it is to keep all of your devices charged. We were tired of dead batteries, too. Keep life's essential tools ready to go. ChargeLight can charge just about anything – a smartphone, tablet, camera, GPS, music player, and much, much more.
A light worthy of being called tactical. It’s so powerful, it rivals tactical-grade LED flashlights, while maintaining a strikingly sleek design. With precision optics, it produces an unparalleled lighting experience. ChargeLight is 5X brighter than traditional flashlights and precisely focused with a crisp, even light.
Keep it charged any number of ways. We know how demanding life can be, so we wanted charging flexibility. ChargeLight can be recharged from its dock, USB adapter, laptop, car charger, or any other USB port. Plus it fits in a purse, coat pocket, briefcase, or backpack. It’s delightfully portable.
ChargeLight outperforms alkaline flashlights 10:1 times 3000. With its lithium-ion technology, it outperforms alkaline-based flashlights over 30,000 times. It’s 100% rechargeable, and it holds a charge for more than one year. ChargeLight can also sustain thousands of charges, so it doesn’t waste thousands of alkaline batteries.
Keep everything charged from one location. What truly makes ChargeLight unique is its rechargeable dock. We know how easy it is to forget to charge your devices, so we made a beautiful and convenient dock that acts as one central hub to ensure you stay charged at all times.
Perfect for any lifestyle or room. Most high-powered tactical flashlights are big and look rugged. Not ChargeLight. It’s one of the sleekest, most compact flashlights ever. And it works beautifully in any room – in your kitchen, bedroom, office, or living room.
Hi-Powered Tactical Flashlight - Provides 250 lumens of pure light power, rated for 110,000+ life hours, and 5 times the power of the standard LED Flashlight
Ultra-Machines Aluminum Body - Made from an anodized 6000 series aluminum for a beautiful and compact design
High Light-to-Energy Ratio - Maintains 100% of its light power during the entire charge cycle, over 86% longer than traditional LED Flashlights
Precision Optics - An amazing light beam that produces a unified light with zero hot spots or halo effects
Multiple Light Modes - Choose between 100%, 50% and 10% light power depending on your need, and how long you want to use it for. Use the strobe mode for additional longevity up to 120 hours or as a self defense device
Low Self-Discharge - An extremely low internal discharge rate, and can last over 1 year without ever being recharged
Pass-Through Technology - Allow ChargeLight be charged and charge any other USB devices at the same time
Charge Level Indicators - Intuitive LED power indicators display the battery charge level, plus low battery warning indication so you always know when you have power and when it needs charged
100% Rechargeable - Integrated with an lithium-ion battery that can easy be recharged from multiple sources, and can be charged over 1,000 times - the equivalent to over 3,000 AAA alkaline batteries.
Designed For Your Safety - Built-in safety features to protect against, short circuit, overcharge, overheat, and thermal runaway
LED Light Specs
Battery Pack Specs
What's In The Box
ChargeLight is capable of charging almost all USB powered devices. Below is just a small list of common devices, with battery sizes and the number of times they can be fully recharged by ChargeLight per cycle.
International USB Speed Chargers
Our Manufacturing Plan
We have already done a lot of work to get ChargeLight where it is today. We have created the tooling, PCBA design, software, and life testing, as well as, multiple rounds of prototypes. Because we tend to pay attention to every detail, we continue to make small, incremental changes after each prototype. We will make several more prototypes before we head into our Pilot Run, and eventually, our Mass Production Run. Here is a breakdown of what we have accomplished and what we still need to do:
Prior to Kickstarter:
- Due diligence of component and material selection
- Create a functional requirements document for engineering
- Designed ChargeLight; PCBA, Optical Len, Safety Electronics, 3D Modeling of Enclosure and Dock
- Fabrication of prototypes
- Detailed product life testing for reliability, durability and performance
- Tooling and design modifications
- Fixed tooling designs and release for fabrication
- Pre-qualified (pre-scan) ChargeLight for FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE, CTICK, and PSE Safety Approvals (passed)
- Continue to make small, incremental changes to ensure maximum performance
- Procure pilot run raw materials
- Create pilot run and mass production manufacturing plan
- Test and evaluate Pilot Run prototypes before approval to Mass Production
- Approve Mass Production
- Procure Mass Production raw materials
- Confirm Mass Production plan
- Produce initial manufacturing order
- Receive final certifications for FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE, CTICK, and PSE Safety Approvals
Summary: We understand that product development and supply chain issues can be challenging. But with over 65 years of operations, manufacturing, sourcing, and product development experience, we are confident we will delivery ChargeLight to you on-time.
ChargeLight In Use
Risks and challenges
With any project, there will be both risks and challenges. However, with more than 65 years of combined sourcing and manufacturing experience, we have the resources in place to ensure on-time delivery.
We’ve already completed multiple rounds of prototypes, making final tweaks, life testing for reliability, and fine-tuning final modifications, such as software debugging, removal of unwanted tooling marks, and adjustments to the optical lens.
Here is a list of potential challenges we could face:
(1) We have already pre-qualified ChargeLight for multiple product safety and environmental marks. But there is always the possibility that the final evaluation might require us to make some small modifications, thus delaying shipment slightly.
(2) Because of the increase in security for inboard international freight, there could be a slight delay, potentially one to two weeks, if our inbound production units are tagged for a customs exam or a U.S. port unexpectedly goes on strike.
(3) Some of the images and photographs in our video and on our Kickstarter page are based on pre-production prototypes, which may change in actual color at the time of mass production.
(4) We are still working on different ways to maximize the LED brightness without increasing the operating temperature. So our final lumens rating may change.
Nonetheless, we will keep our backers informed every step of the way. If we see any potential delays, we will let you know immediately and provide you with a corrective action. We promise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)