Level 2: the Road to 4K
Thank you for helping us reach our goal. You've allowed us to make this one of a kind project better... now lets take it to the next level.
Witch Girls: BOS isn't just about us printing a book, it's about bringing table top RPGs to a new and overlooked demographic. Part of your future funding will go towards printing Quick-Character Creation guides to give away for free organizations for girls and schools to help introduce kids to Role playing games and the world of witch girls adventures as well as a larger print run.
Beyond or Level 2 (4k) lies a a world of limitless potential including a box edition, hard cover deluxe edition, and so much more.
Witch Girls Adventures started it all. Well actually my niece did. See, I was a lowly RPG writer/designer with one game under my belt (Nemesis: a perfect world). When I realized, my niece (then 9) had no idea what a tabletop RPG was. As far as she knew, Rpgs were games on computers, and cost about 40 dollars a pop for a limited amount of play time.
I wanted to introduce her to the hobby I loved, but there was literally nothing out there for girls like her. So I decided I was going to do something totally out of the box, write a table top RPG for kids (specifically) girls her age. And Witch Girls Adventures was born. The first table top RPG marketed to girls ages 11-16. In fact we didn’t even call it a Role-playing Game but rather a “Drama Diaries Game”. An idea cooked up by my awesome editor Emily Foster.
And Witch Girls Adventures did the impossible. It brought new players to role-playing games, it helped old-school gamer parents introduce tabletop role-playing to their kids and it destroyed many of the stereotypes about who can and would play Rpgs… excuse me “Drama Dice Games. But don’t just take my word for it, check out some of our reviews.
So what’s Witch Girls: Book of Shadows about? In Witch Girls Adventures you played a young witch-girl learning about magic and having adventures in the human (mundane) world or in the Magical world. You could go to a magical school (there are many including four in the united states) , learn spells, deal with the typical ups and downs of being a young girl and battle monsters using our easy and fun rules. Yes, boys could play and there were even optional wizard rules.
In Witch Girls: Book of Shadows we expand on our world allowing players (We call them Stars) to play the following:
- Witch: Spell casting girls (Optional wizard rules are still available)
- Fae: The mischievous elves and fairies of legend.
- Immortal: The rough and tumble male counter parts of witches and the decedents of the gods of old.
- Mortal: A human ally of the supernatural with helpful skills and awesome instincts.
- Shapeshifter: Creatures that can alter their shape to that of human, animal and something in between
- Vampires: Immortal creatures of shadow known for their arrogance.
We increased customization while holding on to same original fast and simple rules of play. Also unlike other RPG books we believe in one book gaming. In other words , The book covers character generation, rules, world, setting and monsters. Yes there will be supplements but those supplements will be optional and take the form of a quarterly magazine.
Unlike Witch Girls Adventures, Witch Girls: Book of Shadows will be in full color and like the original include a introduction comic.
The money you donate will go towards two things:
- Printing cost for a full color book: Like the original that would include a comic book style intro but instead of being ten pages, it’ll be 22 pages. The book itself will sell for $20.99 a good buy when compared to video games, and unlike most RPGs, you'll have everything in one book, character generation, rules, world, monsters, and setting.
- A full color book needs full color art and your money will go towards paying artists to do just that and as you see. As you see we have some great artist!
What's in it for you?
We’re offering a lot of cool swag, such as special "Sponsor Editions" of the game books (see updates) if you help us out. If we beat our goal, we have a few ideas for not only expanding our book, but also expanding our incentives. And while you’re thinking about whether you should donate to us, remember this, the only way a hobby we love so much will survive this century is if we get new people involved in it. Witch Girl Adventures did just that and so will Witch Girls; Book of Shadows.
Support this project
- (40 days)