About this project
New backers - Please check the updates for backer only updates to make sure you're up to date!
This kickstarter campaign will fund the development to a long waited update to the Morpheus Rig for Maya. If funded we'll begin development immediately.
We're amazed at all the great work the animation community has done with the original Morpheus rig and we're eager to get the new one in your hands to see what you come up with!
Morpheus Rig 2.0 Planned Features
Sponsors (via the Kickstarter rewards):
- CG Spectrum
- Animation Mentor
- Faceware Technologies
- Rigging Dojo
- This could be your company....one spot left
Other Payment Options
Paypal - Click here for more information - (5 Paypal Backers so far)
- Commercial Use Allowed from the start - Released under Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike. We continue to ask users to honor the “Would Pixar make this” rule in terms of content.
- Rigged using cgmToolbox’s tools and methods to allow for faster updates and bug fixes
- More tools that we will continue to make available to the community as we develop them.
- Remodel the base mesh to get better definition and allow for ‘harder lines’ when wanted
- Remodel existing customization options where necessary
- ReUV existing mesh and fix all normal issues
- Revisit problem areas
- Better fk/ik snapping
- Better space switching tools
- Add Pose mirroring
- Banking on hands and feet
- FK/IK finger controls
- Rework facial rig to have supplemental controls
- Rethink some of the facial joystick setup
- Implement new methods we’ve been playing with - surface IK, rotation order on the fly and other toys
- Optional Joint based facial setup version for game work
- New customization workflow that will be more intuitive and allow for ‘baking’ down rig changes to lighter rig assets
- New customization options for the body and face
- Stretch Goal - Clothing options and tools to implement (The scope of this will be dictated by what our backers want from the Morpheus Rig)
- Stretch Goal - Props for Morpheus to use (weapons, toys, hats, etc)
- Regular updates - much more regular than the two years between Morphy 1.0's release and now:)
- Utilizing Questions on the Keyframe Co-op for single location support
Risks and challenges
Most of the folks that are going to sponsor this project know either the Morpheus Rig v1.0 or Squirrely Rig, both of which Josh created and released to the community.
David and Josh have both been freelance animators and TD's for years. Working in film, games and commercials, they're used to working on deadlines, completing projects, and solving problems.
The main challenge we see in this project is the sheer amount of stuff we want to do. We make these tools for the animation community, so seeing if they'll support us in turn is going to be a valuable test. Not that working 36 hours a day between paying gigs and dream projects isn't feasible, but... yeah, you get the idea. If we can treat this like a paying gig, we can give it the priority it deserves and make the animation community we love so dearly a better place by giving it great rigs, tools and assets beginning with little ole' Morpheus Rig 2.0Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)