Frequently Asked Questions
YES! We HATE campaigns that hide the shipping costs, or don't tell you what they're going to be until after the campaign is over, and we didn't want our fans to have to deal with that frustration. Yes, shipping items to our fans outside the US is going to cost a fair bit more, but it's worth it to make things easier for everybody. Of course, we won't complain if you want to toss in a bit of extra latinum to cover your international shipping costs. :-)Last updated:
We are considering this, but it's unlikely. We really didn't expect the campaign to be this popular, and we don't want the managing and shipping of the rewards to get in the way of actually making the album (any more than it already has). It's much easier for us if everybody who pledged at the same level gets the same stuff.Last updated:
Sorry, but we aren't planning on offering the option of ordering extra t-shirts as an add-on to this campaign.
However, you can easily order more "Enterprise B-Sides" shirts, as well as other Warp 11 shirts (and other terrific designs not related to the band), through Captain Karl Miller's online store, hosted by Teepublic. The shirts that are being offered in our campaign will be produced by this company and the band proudly wears many of Karl's creations.
You can find our Warp 11 shirts here: https://www.teepublic.com/user/warp11
Karl has created many other popular designs not related to Warp 11. You can find them here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/shirtwarp/portfolioLast updated:
Which version of "Suck My Spock" will be given to those who backed at the Lieutenant pledge level (and higher)?
The version that will be given out at that level will be "Suck My Spock Some More", for two reasons:
1) It sounds SO MUCH better, and
2) We only have a handful of the original "Suck My Spock" discs and we feel that everybody should get the same version.Last updated:
We have no idea when the CD Release Show is going to be yet, but it almost certainly will be in the Sacramento, California area. We very rarely do shows outside Northern California.Last updated:
First of all, thanks to everybody for their thoughts on additional stretch goals. We've gotten several excellent suggestions, some of which are things we were already planning on doing for free (see the FAQ entry "What other details about the rewards...."). We spent way too much time at practice last night (August 15) discussing how we can further reward our fabulous crewmembers.
Guitar picks, pins, stickers and other small physical items have been discussed. The only issue with this is that the people who have pledged at the Crewman level are not currently receiving any physical rewards. If we add a physical item as a stretch goal, those people will need to get them as well, so there will be additional shipping costs that we weren't expecting, particularly for those outside the US. So if we add physical items as a stretch goal, it will be at a bit higher level than you might expect.
Releasing even more bootlegs was a thought, but we don't want to start tossing out just any old crappy-sounding song. We want each track that we release to be a great performance by the entire band, with reasonable quality sound. This is not as easy as you might think. We have dozens of hours of bootlegs to comb through, but until we're sure we have that much good stuff to offer, we won't add another bootleg stretch goal.
Adding more songs to the album (on top of the 14 songs originally planned AND the four that have already been unlocked from previous stretch goals) IS a possibility, but it would probably delay the release by a month or two. We'd need to practice a bit more, and more studio time would be needed to record the songs.Last updated:
What other details about the rewards can you tell us? You were pretty damned vague about some of them.
Ok, this is our own question to ourselves, so we're going to use this answer as a catch-all for all of the things that we should have said at the beginning. These are presented in no particular order, and may be extended if we think of anything else....
1) Those who ordered the digital CD (Crewman Level) will also receive a PDF of the liner notes.
2) The bootlegs that we will be releasing will not necessarily all be new to some of our most dedicated fans. We really aren't sure what's been put "out there" in the past, but we're going to do our best to, at least, give you all the absolute best of the best that we have (and we have A LOT).
3) The CD Release Show will almost certainly be in the Sacramento, California area. It definitely will be in Northern California. So if you have pledged at the Rear Admiral level, and you want to attend that show, you'll need to find some way to get there.
4) The recording will all take place at Pus Cavern, also in Sacramento. So if you have pledged at the Admiral level, see #3 above.Last updated:
Apart from the few that are already in the campaign description, we're going to keep the rest a secret for now, for two reasons. One, it's more fun that way. Two, we're not 100% sure of the complete song list, now that four more songs have been added from unlocked stretch goals.Last updated:
Feel free to ask that question, but be aware that your answer could be any of the following:
- That wasn't us. You're probably thinking of Five Year Mission.
- What the hell are you talking about? You must have been drunk at the time....or we were....Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question