We love condiments! Our uniquely flavored ketchups and jams are handmade using all-natural, fresh ingredients.
The lonely French fry. A naked English muffin. Yogurt that can only be described as… Greek. While each of these food items would sustain you, would they really excite you? At the C&B Condiment Company, we reply with a resounding “NO!” We believe food is meant to nourish your body and make you smile, so we’ve answered your gastronomic prayers with a line of original ketchups, jams, and preserves made with fresh, organic, whole ingredients.
We're asking for your help to get our first production run in a commercial kitchen off the ground. We have all of our licenses and permits in place and now all that's left is to get in a kitchen and start cooking! If all goes according to plan, we'll have our pledge rewards produced and shipped in time for the holidays. Your reward would make an excellent gift this winter Festivus!
We have toiled for countless hours to perfect a number of jams and sauces. However, given the high cost of labeling, nutrition panels, and UPC codes (as much as $750 per product!) we will only be able to offer our two signature products at the $1,500 goal level. They are:
- Cracked Black Pepper Ketchup - A modern take on a classic staple! With just a handful of ingredients--organic tomatoes, black pepper, organic garlic, organic evaporated cane juice, vinegar and sea salt--this ketchup will become an instant favorite. Nearly all other ketchups on the market use processed tomato paste... not us! Gross!
- Strawberry Basil Jam - This is our all-time favorite jam. Period. Organic strawberries and fresh organic basil give this a truly unique taste that makes it perfect for anything from slathering on breakfast toast to accompanying snooty cheese platters!
$3,500 stretch goal products: The products below will be unlocked as pledge rewards if we reach our stretch goal. However, if we do not reach our stretch goal, we will still be able to offer these products in naked bottles (no shelf-ready labels) for pledges of $100 or more. Don't worry though, these products have all been tested and are shelf-stable.
- Jalapeno Lime Ketchup - Tangy with a little kick. Organic tomatoes with fresh squeezed organic lime juice, organic jalapeno, vinegar and organic evaporated cane juice. Perfect for when your turkey burgers and fries need a little something extra!
- Pineapple Cilantro Jam - Organic pineapple, organic cilantro, and a hint of lime. It's like salsa in a jam!
- Pumpkin Pie Jam - A taste of Thanksgiving for when you don't feel like turning on the oven and rolling out dough! Livens up bland oatmeal on those chilly fall mornings.
How It All Started
We are Chris and Breck (C&B... get it?) and we have an unusual passion for condiments. As a new couple, most of our dates involved cooking together and smothering our meals with condiments. We soon discovered that we were unapologetic enablers for our shared addiction to any jam, ketchup, hot sauce, chutney, syrup or marmalade we could get our hands on.
Our weekend hobby of creating artisanal condiments has taken on a life of its own and now we're ready to share our creations with the world!
Why We Need Your Help
Getting a small batch food business off the ground can be a costly endeavor and we need a few last things before we're up and running. This is where you come in!
Your pledge will help us pay for:
- Product labels - right now they only exist in our computer!
- Nutrition panels and UPC codes
- Kitchen rental
- Large stock pots
- Commercial kitchen utensils such as spoons, knives, and a scale
- Jars and bottles
Thank you so much for your support!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
As stated above, all of our licenses and permits are in place so we don't anticipate any major snags. However, there are two areas that could potentially delay production.
Labels - We are currently wrapping up the design stage of our labels, and are very close to sending them off to the printer. If there are any delays in printing turnaround time, we may have to push back the ship date for our reward. However, the risk of delay due to labels is relatively low because we hope to start the process in the second week of November.
Kitchen rental - We already have visited a local community kitchen that has agreed to rent us time. However, being new to the kitchen means other businesses get priority over us when choosing time slots. We may have to take an overnight rental, but we are determined to do our best to ensure our rewards are shipped in December.
We have spent the better part of a year preparing for our launch so we really hope there won't be any show-stoppers! That said, we promise to keep everyone posted if we run into any delays.
Shelf space at national grocery stores is very competitive, so we will be avoiding them--at least initially. We feel our product is better suited for small, local grocery and farmers markets where businesses like ours can flourish. We also hope to sell through online channels such as Amazon and specialty retailers.