Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.
If funded on Kickstarter, Battle Princess Madelyn will release on PC (Steam and DRM-free), Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PS4 and XBO! That's right, all versions will be funded if we reach our main Kickstarter goal!
Set in the vein of Ghouls N' Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breathtaking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
Try out the Windows build of our Pre-Alpha and get a sample of story mode, complete with the first 5 stages of the game. We'd love to hear what you think of this early build! Please note that the features are not finalized and may undergo more changes as we progress through development!
- A mix of fast-paced classic arcade action, with adventure elements of classic games from the golden age of console gaming..
- Highly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience plays can stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which includes up to 5 stages - including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages. Heavily detailed stages full of puzzles, dangerous platforming, and various game play styles!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point - if you've unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!
- Combo meters for destroying and juggling enemies!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game, allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- Special weapons for special occasions! If an area calls for a unique ability, search the area for the needed item!
- An original story written by a professional children's author.
- A story that spans the globe and time! A story told by her grandfather while she is sick, Madelyn will experience life as her magical portal traveling counterpart and will save her family - no matter where they are in the world!
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your taste! Classic Arcade FM/PCM set to the hectic pacing, or modern orchestrated to really set the mood of the scene!
- Arcade Soundtrack by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castila fame!
- Orchestrated Soundtrack by John McCarthy of Nintendo Quest fame!
- Masterfully crafted pixel art by veteran pixel artist Christopher Obritsch.
- Amazing visual cut scenes to help tell the story between the action.
- Don't like wasting time on the game's story? Just skip it!
- Dynamic lighting to add depth to the detailed pixel art!
- Madelyn's pet ghost dog "Fritzy" acts as both a weapon and a way to solve puzzles, allowing the player to tackle boss fights and maneuver puzzles.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING AND WHY DOES IT LOOK SO MUCH LIKE GHOULS 'N GHOSTS?!?
When Creative Director Christopher Obritsch's daughter Madelyn wanted to be in Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, and fight “Green Head,” he said it was someone else’s game - but he could make her a new game. “But girls can’t be knights, Daddy. Only boys!” she said, to which he answered “Pshh…What color do you want your armor to be?” The answer was pink! And that’s how this game started. Chris's daughter Madelyn loves the first stage of Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and makes him play it over and over again. Why? Because she wants to see him fight “Green head," the Shielder boss at the end of the first stage. It’s not hard for her to twist his rubber arm, as it’s been his favorite game since it came out - all those years ago.
Madelyn Obritsch - Drinker of the chocolate milk and Honorary Assistant Creative Director. The hero of the game, and the designer of the things Daddy puts in the game.
Christopher Obritsch – Known for sitting there and doing stuff like Insanity's Blade, Escape from 85 and a bunch of other crap you probably never heard of. An award nominated game developer, Chris is the creator, director and lead artist on the project. Also the father of the Battle Princess.
Daven Bigelow – A published author on game development, and co-dev on Insanity's Blade. He’s an avid player, collector, and maker of games. Daven is the lead developer and slinger of cuss words on the project.
John McCarthy – Master Slayer of Audio, known as the genius behind the Nintendo Quest soundtrack. With over 10 years in the gaming industry, John is the Lead Audio Dev and Creator of the Orchestrated Soundtrack.
Gryzor87 - The Retro Audio Destroyer of Planets, known for such amazing game soundtracks such as Maldita Castilla, Hydorah and The Curse of Issyos. Gryzor87 is the main man behind the retro soundtrack.
For Battle Princess Madelyn we are working with the experts at PR Hound. They have worked with a ton of Kickstarter campaigns you've probably heard about or backed, such as Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, Woven, Buck, InSomnia, War of Rights, Legrand Legacy and more! If you're considering taking a project to Kickstarter, we highly recommend you contact the Hound for their services!
Risiken und Herausforderungen
Risks and challenges
As with most Kickstarter campaigns, there is always a risk when backing a project. But to relieve some of the stress that comes with this risk, we're provided you with a Pre-Alpha Build to show you what direction we are going in and to provide you with up to an hour of Madelyn's epic adventure.
With most games, there may be delays. But in the case of this game, if there are delays they will be to add more polish to the final version of the game so that both you as the player and we as the developers are equally happy with the end product!Näheres zur Rechenschaftspflicht auf Kickstarter
- (30 Tage)