CAULDRON MAGAZINE - SPRING 2019
COVER BY ADAM GORHAM (ROCKET RACCOON, NEW MUTANTS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, ARCHIE COMICS' JUGHEAD: THE HUNGER).
In the latest issue of Cauldron Magazine—set to drop in Spring of 2019—Art House collides headlong into Grind House in four, provocative SUPERNATURAL TALES designed to shock, titillate, and entertain.
GHOSTS! DEMONS! CREATURES! BOUNTY HUNTERS! WEREWOLVES! DEMI-GODS!
- A bounty hunter stalks a toxic, apocalyptic wasteland where death takes the form of feral, mutant abominations. The job is impossible, but she's not in it for the money. She wants her payment in BLOOD!
- Trapped in a decrepit mansion, two ghosts have haunted each other as much as they have the living for the past century. A witch offers them an opportunity to escape from their unbearable purgatory…but at what cost?
- A Horrific Tragedy befalls two Lovers, sending a Demi-God on a harrowing journey to the underworld to bargain for his True-Love's Fate with Hades himself.
- Two warring factions discover that there is beauty in chaos and harmony in war.
44 interior story pages of lavish, full color artwork in a luxurious 8" x 10.5" inch slick magazine format.
CAULDRON is a unique co-operative publishing venture led by SHANE HERON (Morris), RICKY LIMA (Happily Ever Aftr), SAM NOIR (Zip Kramer), and CASEY PARSONS (Blood Moon). With an incredible team of creative collaborators that includes ROBERT FREEMAN, KEITH GRACHOW, JASON TOCEWICZ, AARON BER, FRED KENNEDY, JEFFERY MYLES, SHAWN DALEY, BECCA GOREFIELD, KASEY PIERCE, and AARON ONG.
We have a vision of a creative playground that showcases art and storytelling in a larger page size than the average comic book. Using genres that give the creators as much freedom as possible to realize their unfiltered visions.
Inspired by the quality and format of European Bande Dessinée, and comics magazines that dominated the newsstands of our youth, including Heavy Metal, Epic Illustrated, Savage Sword of Conan, Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella, we are curating an artist-centric, full color magazine with the utmost care and craft.
A modest goal of $999 has been set for a small print run with utilizing digital printing. However our major stretch goal is to $4,000, at which point we can have a much larger print run utilizing higher quality offset printing.
STORIES FEATURED IN THIS VOLUME:
- THE WILD BOY by Fred Kennedy and Jeffery Myles.
- ORPHEUS AND EURYDICE by Casey Parsons.
- HAUNTED MEMORIES by Sam Noir, Jason Tocewicz, and Aaron Ber.
- THE ENCROACHING WAR by Ricky Lima and Keith Grachow.
- Stunning Back Cover Art by SHAWN DALEY.
- Intro story by ROBERT FREEMAN and SHANE HERON.
- pin up by BECCA GOREFIELD.
- a provocative short story by KASEY PIERCE illustrated by AARON ONG.
- EVERYONE WHO PLEDGES FOR A PHYSICAL REWARD WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS OF THE KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN WILL RECEIVE A 4" X 6" MINI-PRINT OF THE CAULDRON VOL. 1 COVER SIGNED BY ARTIST CASEY PARSONS.
- $5 Digital PDF of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019)
- $8 Digital PDFs of both issues of CAULDRON Magazine (Fall 2018 + Spring 2019)
- $10 Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019)
- $20 Digital & Physical Copies of both issues of CAULDRON Magazine (Fall 2018 + Spring 2019)
- $20 Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019) + Shane Heron's CAULDRON Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce (250ml)
- $25. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019) + a sketch by Ricky Lima or Sam Noir.
- $30. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019) + an 8" x 10" print of either Adam Gorham's Cover OR Casey Parson's Cover for volume 1.
- $40. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019) + both 8" x 10" prints of Adam Gorham's Cover AND Casey Parson's Cover for volume 1.
- $40. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019) + Watercolor head sketch commission by Shane Heron.
- $40. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019) + B&W head sketch commission by Jeffrey Myles
- $50. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine (Spring 2019) + B&W head sketch commission by Keith Grachow, or Casey Parsons.
- $75. For Retailers! 12 Physical Copies of CAULDRON Magazine (Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2019)+ a signing at your store located within the Greater Toronto Area.
- $80. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + a page of original interior art by Shane Heron.
- $100. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + a page of original interior art by Jason Tocewicz.
- $150. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + a page of 11" x 17" original Interior art by Casey Parsons.
- $200. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + YOU are drawn into Cauldron Magazine's Fall 2019 issue being killed (we decide how) by our mascot, The Dweller in the Cellar. PLUS, you also get the page of original Interior art.
- $400. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + the original cover art by Adam Gorham.
- $2,000. All backers will receive a FREE digital copy of a Dwayne's Inferno by Sam Noir and Christopher Yao.
- $3,000. All backers will receive a FREE digital copy of Kasey Pierce's latest comic, Seeress #1 with artist Jay Jacot.
- $3,500. All backers will receive a FREE digital copy of Morris #0 by Shane Heron.
- $4,000. We will increase our print run significantly and be able to afford higher quality offset printing. All physical backers will receive a FREE 'Zine showcasing designs and process art for the production of Cauldron Magazine.
- $5,000. We are now able to afford to table at events like TCAF - The Toronto Comics Arts Festival, as well as a few Horror Conventions in Southern Ontario, which will help us reach new readers and fans. All physical backers will receive a FREE 4"x6" mini-print of Adam Gorham's incredible cover art.
UNLOCKED! ALL BACKERS WILL GET:
NEXT STRETCH GOAL. $3,000/300% FUNDED:
Risks and challenges
The leads of this project, Shane Heron, Ricky Lima, Casey Parsons, and Sam Noir have all run and delivered successful kickstarter campaigns in the past. The book is 90% complete and will be going to the printer as soon as the campaign finishes.
CAULDRON Spring 2019 will debut at Toronto Comic Con in March and the Toronto Comics Arts Festival in May.
- (25 days)