Limited edition deep space oil paintings and prints like you've never seen before. Celebrating the beauty of universe with these meticulously crafted originals and prints.
If you're reading this; you, I, and thousands of others have something in common - we think deep space is totally bad-ass and mind-blowingly beautiful.
But there's a huge problem. I could buy paintings on practically every subject, but to find anything that featured deep space was near impossible. It's unbelievable that there are so few artworks of possibly the most beautiful things in the universe. Something had to be done.
We've worked incredibly hard to meticulously compile these into hand-signed prints of some delightfully detailed paintings.
How it Works
- Consider which artwork you most like or opt for a custom commissioned piece
- Find the backer reward that matches the size and material you want would like
(!) IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- Cotton Rag is like a thick paper and is suitable for flat framing (behind glass or perpex),
- Cotton Canvas is flexible and is suitable for stretching around a wooden frame
- The sizes do include some border
- You will receive an email which contains a survey link once the project reaches the end, where you can enter your artwork preference and add any notes.
- For custom commissioned pieces we will host 5 phone and video calls throughout the duration of the product. If you're local you can even pop into the studio.
- The items are then carefully rolled and packed and shipped in tubes unless otherwise stated.
- STRETCH GOAL UPDATE - everyone who orders the physical prints will also receive the digital bundle too! YIPEE
If you'd like to see more up-close images I would highly recommend checking out www.catmachin.com for additional previews <3 If you want to see more previews, just send me a message.
Need larger image previews?
The image size on Kickstarter is pretty small, so its hard to figure out which ones you'd like, Fortunately I have lots of images on these sites for you to check out xoxo www.facebook.com/CathrinMachin and www.catmachin.com But if there's anything you're not sure about, just send me a message and I'l be happy to help out
The Painting Process:
All paintings are produced on the highest quality 100% cotton duck woven canvas, using artist grade oil paints. They are then covered in two layers of black gesso made from crushed marble. Once dry they are sprayed with triple distilled turpentine and refined linseed oil. Paints are then mixed with artist mediums before being applied to the canvas using brushes and pallet knives which are then blended using soft brushes. Several layers of paint are built up over the space of two months.
All materials are ethical and 0% animal-based for your peace of mind. Where possible any materials, including used turpentine, are recycled and reused.
These are then prepared and printed onto high-quality cotton using an archival printing system. The printing system is approved to art gallery standards - this means the colours are certified to 100 years!
All prints are then hand signed and numbered, before they are carefully packed into rugged mailing tubes along with a certificate and shipped to your doorstep.
Need more pictures -> www.catmachin.com
Canvas Print Sizes
Click for a larger image :)
Rag Print Sizes
Click for a larger image :)
What is This Project Funding?
All proceeds from the campaign go to the cost of printing, and putting on an Exhibition at the M2 Gallery in Surrey Hills, Sydney, Australia on the 3rd December. If you're local to Sydney you are welcome to come along (even if you're not able to back the project).
Currently the $4k will cover the costs of printing the artwork, the shipping, and the gallery exhibition fees. Any additional funds will go to pay for food and wine at the exhibition, and if we get even, more, a guest speaker for the launch party.
Overview of rewards:
There are quite a few rewards so here's a quick rundown to help you decide xoxox
- $1 - Thanks for your support
- $3 - Digital wall paper pack (1280 x 1024)
- $25 - Small cotton rag print (8" x 11")
- $40 - [SOLD OUT] Early bird medium art rag print (11" x 16")
- $50 - Medium art rag print (11" x 16")
- $75 - Large cotton rag print (16" x 23")
- $75 - Deep space leggings (XS, S, M, L, XL)
- $150 - 2 Large cotton rag prints (16" x 23")
- $150 - 3 Medium cotton rag prints (11" x 16")
- $390 - Canvas print (17.5" x 43.5")
- $450 - [SOLD OUT] Canvas print (24" x 48")
- $450 - [SOLD OUT] Early bird: canvas print on frame (24" x 48")
- $580 - Canvas print on frame (17.5 x 43.5")
- $650 - Canvas print on frame (24" x 48")
- $1500 - [SOLD OUT] Custom Large Canvas (60cm x 121cm)
- $2500 - [SOLD OUT] Custom X-Large Canvas (90cm x 121cm)
How Does Kickstarter Work?
Are you new to Kickstarter? Not to worry, Kickstarter has put together a great guide here that will really help you figure things out. Also if you feel a bit stuck, you can message me directy and I'll help you out :)
Here are some stretch goals, Every time we hit one, cool new things will be unlocked to benefit the backers
A Quick Shout Out:
I wanted to do a quick shout out to Professor Brian Cox who is an absolute legend and who I was honoured to give a painting to. You are such an inspiration to me and so many others. Keep on doing what you're doing.
The Unboxing of Prof Brian Cox's Painting ❤️ so stoked he liked it hey!
WOW - Thanks for Reading this Far - You Rock!
This project means a lot to me, so anything you can do to help would be HUGELY appreciated. You can either pledge now (even just $1 helps us get to the goal) or follow the project and share this with your mates you think think like nerdy art.
Sending all my love and gratitude your way xoxo
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CathrinMachin/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/cathrinmachin
Risks and challenges
Shipping is usually a big issue with fulfilling paintings. However, we are working closely with several courier services worldwide to ensure a seamless transportation. <3Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)