CASWELL "Morphing Karambit" (MKV2)
Premium-Quality | USA-Made | Utility Pocket Knife
- Seamless, Intuitive Blade Deployment. No need to remove fingers from the tool to allow blade to pass.
- User Safety is Enhanced because fingers do not cross a rotational path of a blade while the tool is grasped for use. [While safety is enhanced with this design, it should NOT be construed that conventional designs, made and used properly, are "unsafe."]
- Convenient, Discrete "Zero-Profile" titanium pocket clip allows secure, deep-pocket carry without sacrificing accessibility. It does not create discomfort while the knife is grasped for use. It is much less likely to snag upon or damage objects encountered in close quarters compared with a conventional protruding pocket clip.
- Elegant Design including just FIVE principle parts, plus fasteners (and pocket clip). It is compact, rugged and optimized for use under demanding conditions.
- Versatile. The MKV2 may be safely grasped and deployed in different ways to accommodate the present task.
- 100% MANUAL. MKV2 is NOT an automatic or assisted-opening knife! As such, it is generally legal to possess and carry anywhere a 2.5-inch locking folding knife is allowed. *Always know your local restrictions concerning pocket knives.
This is a "NO-COMPROMISE" project, using only premium materials, high-precision processes and best-available finishes.
We are excited to team with Millit Knives (Meridian, ID) for this superlative-quality MKV2 "Morphing Karambit" build!
Millit is well regarded for world-class quality and has the production "bandwidth" for high-end projects such as this. This combination makes a good fit for this project because Caswell Knives specializes in new-product development, prototyping and low-volume "custom" builds . Together, and with your help, we can deliver this "Next-Level" design to more users, at a mid-range price, and with the uncompromising build quality usually associated with custom and premier semi-custom knives.
- Blade Size: 2.5 inches
- Blade Steel: CPM 3V, Ion Bond/Tungsten DLC finish
- Frame/Handle: 7075 T6 Aluminum/Type 3 Hard Anodize
- Components: 17-4 PH (H900), Ion Bond/Tungsten DLC finish
- Pocket Clip: 6al-4V Titanium, exclusive "Zero-Profile" design
- OAL (open): 7.125 inches
- Weight: 6.0 ounces.
- Price: $450 NOW on Kickstarter ($650 Retail)
Reward levels reflect "REDUCED COST" ($450 for this campaign only vs $650 Retail).
- There will NOT be a follow-up MKV2 campaign! Any future USA build will be very limited and reflect RETAIL pricing!
- Knives will be completed and delivered in sequential "batches" and backers will receive rewards in order. This means the sooner you back this project, the sooner you'll receive your reward!
- DELIVERY is projected to begin October 2018.
The Karambit knife is a traditional agricultural tool, well regarded for utility in routine chores. It is an ancient style recognized by its curved blade and pronounced safety-ring handle.
As with other "daily implements," the karambit style knife is known to various traditional martial arts disciplines. Today, it is favored by many emergency first responders, tradespeople, adventurers, outdoors enthusiast, collectors ... just about anyone with use for a pocket knife.
The gently curved blade provides unexpectedly efficient utility for daily tasks, such as opening boxes or slicing food items. It also excels at tasks relevant to duty personnel and first responders such as cutting seat belts, clothing, medical packaging, and general field-duty chores.
There are many ways to grip and use a karambit, making it an unusually versatile tool.
Please help us bring this premium-quality "Morphing Karambit" project to life!
You can be among the first to own this award-winning design ... and among the very few to enjoy this exclusive “no-compromise” USA-Made Premium build!
Risks and challenges
*This design has been adopted by a major knife brand that is expected to have a lower-cost imported version available for 2019. This imported version may be formally announced in 2018, before all rewards have been delivered. This project is for enthusiasts and professionals that demand an exclusive PREMIUM DOMESTIC build.
*We expect no surprises in the fulfillment of this project. Never-the-less, unforeseen delays are not uncommon when manufacturing anything and such delays sometimes effect final delivery schedules. Backers can expect periodic status updates throughout the fulfillment process.
* As with most modern folding knives, MKV2 features one-handed manual deployment and a blade that locks open for safety. Common pocket knives are restricted in some places.
International backers: Please know your local restrictions concerning pocket knives.
- (29 days)