Gun Up Paintball Comic Issue 1: Breakout
Dive headfirst into the tournament paintball scene with Gun Up, a young team with nothing to lose! 24 pages of full color.
Paintball. It's like a drug habit; addictive, expensive, and it makes your clothes smell funny.
WHAT IT IS
This kickstarter project is for Gun Up Paintball Issue 1: Breakout. It is 24 pages of full color, not including the cover. In addition to the comic, I’ll also be creating prints, and giving you the opportunity to be added into the book!
Gun Up Paintball is the first comic about the tournament paintball experience, bringing other people into the sport we know and love. It highlights the adrenaline, the camaraderie, and the stubborn tenacity of paintball. If you're a fan of paintball, comics, or both, be sure to check it out!
We currently have completed the cover art, as well as having penciled, inked, and lettered 5 pages of the book, and colored one! All five pages will be colored before the kickstarter concludes, whether or not it is funded. The success of this kickstarter won't just create this comic, but will also have me start production on issue 2. There will be five issues in all!
Gun Up Paintball is a story about a young paintball team, days before continuing down life after graduating college. Deciding that it ain’t Gun Up style if they don’t go out with a bang, they sign themselves up for the biggest challenge of their lives: the PSP West Coast Open. If they can survive a trip across the country (as well as a little interference from their home town rivals), they might just learn something about themselves along the way.
- Francis - The captain of the team, Francis is the fearless leader that others turn to while on the paintball field. However, his personal life is a different story...
- Evans - The tech geek, the number cruncher, the fact checker. While he might love the gear even more than the game, Evans has put his time in on the field and will not be left behind.
- Craig - Easy going Craig will gladly follow the team anywhere with a smile on his face - even if it's more of a grimace from time to time.
- Jimmy - The guy you wouldn't be friends with in a million years, except you're friends with him. A better friend there isn't, as long as you don't take everything he says seriously.
- Tabitha - This sweetest and mildest team member proves that anybody can be turned into an adrenaline junkie when throwing on a mask and picking up a paintball marker (gun).
- Ruth - She's a readhead with a mohawk. I think that tells you everything you need to know.
- ???? - The new member of Gun Up Paintball. This player will have a lot of work to do to catch up to the old hands.
The $4000 goal for this kickstarter is enough to pay the artists and colorist for their work, get an ISBN number and barcode, create prints, pay all associated fees, and print the book. I'll be paying for t-shirts and shipping out of pocket (and asking for a small shipping fee for those outside of the United States just so I don't have to burden the whole cost).
Here's some mock ups of what the t-shirts might look like. I'll send a questionaire out to all of the people who order one once the kickstarter ends, and that's how we'll decide which one to get!
Written and Lettered by Cassidy James.
Pencils and Inks by Ferry Susanto.
Colors by Kelly Mayfield.
Cover art by Marco Roblin (Layouts, Pencils, Inks, and Colors).
Risks and challenges
Many projects seem to be completed late, and I know my project is no exception. That said, I gave myself some extra wiggle room with Gun Up Paintball, so I’m ready to make it by the given date. Heck, there’s the possibility of it even coming early!
Another challenge I foresee is shipping the packages to all of my followers outside of the US, as I know there are a lot of you! That said, I love you all and wouldn’t trade a single one of you! I’m already looking for somebody in the UK to help me with shipping, and have a budget set aside devoted 100% for shipping, so I’ll be good to go by the big date!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)