Help us complete a music video for We Face Each Other!
I am thrilled to announce that we have everything in place: song, writing, cast, crew, location, gear, permissions. Now we just need some funds to make it all happen this Feb 11 and 12.
The song is We Face Each Other by Victor Bermon. I first heard it on the radio in Sep 2011 and its beauty has been haunting me ever since. Victor lives and works in Australia.
- Chloe Nasser: Straps
- Keely Luna: Aerial Hoop
- Margaux Stevenson: Aerial Hoop
- Marissa Pfaff: Rope
- Matthew Richardson: Floor, Ropes, Fabric
- Nicole Sanders: Rope
The crew are phenomenal professionals with their own professional-grade equipment, and with whom I have worked in my previous films. They are:
- Derick Shaw: Director of Photography (our 2nd film together; Richard Jett cannot make it after all)
- Matte Scott: Assistant Camera, Gaffer, Grip (our 3rd film together)
- Nathan Holguin: Rigger (installs and ensures safety of rigging for our acrobats)
- Myself, Carlos Graña: Writer, Director, Producer (some films), and Cook
The location is a barn on a ranch near Carmel Valley, CA, about 3 hours south from San Francisco. The owners have generously allowed us to move in for the 2-day shoot, Feb 11 and 12. We'll be taking over a small cottage next to the barn, sleeping on the couch, floor, a guest room, an inflatable bed, anywhere we can manage. The cast being literally so flexible, I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze in.
Shooting dates are this coming Feb 11 and 12, with everyone arriving on set Feb 10. This is why we hope to raise funds by our Kickstarter deadline of Feb 8.
The funding we need, even on a shoe-string has added up to more than the $5k we're asking for. We've been very fortunate to have the generosity of the property owners, who have given us access to their cottage and barn for free; and with the Circus Center, who has loaned us the acrobats' equipment for nothing. Here is how we intend to use the funds you give:
- Rigger (sets up gear and ensures safety of acrobats) = $1050
- Insurance = $1300
- Meals for everyone over 2 days = $1500
- Miscellaneous = $200
- About $500 will go to Kickstarter and Amazon Payments (that's their cut)
- The remainder ($450) will be divided equally among the cast and crew, excluding myself - the Director, Carlos - to help defray this fundraising site's cut.
TOTAL = $5000. Anything more you could give would help immensely and be used wisely.
As for exact concept and storyline, I would prefer to keep that under wraps until we publish the film. Hope you don't mind. Just know that I am capable of making a good film and that, in all likelihood, this will be something special and beautiful.
Thank you for reading this. Thank you for your support.
CarlosP.S. Kickstarter has an all-or-nothing policy: we either make our funding goal by its deadline (Feb 8) or, if it's even $1 short, we get nothing. I hope you can help us achieve our goal today. Thank you!
We have rights to all music and images used here.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (19 days)