It took a bit longer than expected (and is far from perfect) but the website is now ready for your orders!
Reward Levels & Expected Ship Dates!
- 1-4 cards: Original Delivery Date Oct 2012. Revised Delivery Date Nov. 2012. Note! If you need your card earlier, simply enter your order in immediately and write your special need date in the comments box upon checkout.
- All other cards / rewards: On Time (as long as backers enter in orders by Oct. 31)
- For customization, please allow an additional two weeks for processing
I’m hoping to ship cards just as soon as I can, getting your order in asap will help me to make sure they get to you well in time for the holiday season!
Please keep in mind, I’m working away and doing my very best to bring these cards to you on time. To the extent anything doesn’t work seamlessly for you, please feel free to let me know and I’ll do my best to fix it just as soon as I can!
Some other Cardtorial updates!
(1) Cardtorial Photo Shoot! On Monday, I’ll be working with Sarah Deragon from Portraits to the People to style my cards and get some more photos for the website. Sarah has a soft spot for crafts (shooting events like the Renegade Craft Fair) and I’m really excited for what we’ll be able to come up with together!
(2) 2013 Trade Show Circuit. I’m currently part of a series prepping stationers for trade shows. Essentially trade shows are where buyers meet sellers. Everybody from small boutiques to giant retailers (e.g., Anthropologie) go to these shows and it’s the gateway to wholesale. These shows are not for the faint of heart. Many of the best sections are juried and come with a hefty price tag to participate. Regardless, it’s something I’m gearing up for in the (not so far off) future.
(example of a particularly lovely trade show booth below)
(3) Most importantly…the laser!!!
Am I going to get a laser? Thanks to you, most definitely yes!!!
When? Over the course of the next few months.
Why so long? A laser is an important investment. For this business, it’s pretty darn key. I want to make sure I get the right one. Beyond that, it’s a piece of heavy duty industrial machinery. My main struggle is finding an appropriate location that I can see myself, the laser, and the business in long-term. The work I do requires the appropriate ventilation systems, which don't necessarily work in many locations.
I want to make sure I don’t rush this process and lock myself into something that doesn’t work simply because I was in a hurry. Also, once I order the laser, it won’t arrive instantaneously. Ordering, shipping, space renovation and installation I expect will be quite the ordeal. In any case, I’ll keep everybody posted on my hunt for our new headquarters and machine. :)