PURCHASE FROM OUR WEB SITE!!! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!
THE CARBON FIBER FSX MODELS
The truly one-and-only, lightweight Aerospace bottle opener and media stand; Handcrafted and Machined out of BMI Prepreg Carbon Fiber!
The design concept stemmed from wanting a portable key chain bottle opener made from Carbon Fiber, without being wide and flat. The FSX needed to be compact and easy enough to pull out of your pocket, yet strong enough to maintain the torture of daily use.
We wanted a quick-release system that was easy enough to operate with only one hand while holding your favorite beverage in the other! Key rings simply wouldn't do, and most quick-release systems use a latch that can jam or pinch, so we opted for heavy duty magnets! We decided to use Neodymium Disc N35 magnets for excellent pull strength and insure a secure link to your keys.
- Future Stands has excellent bond prep and bonding procedures in place.
- All of our technicians have had experience bonding inserts and related parts for satellite structures produced by Boeing and ATK.
- 25 FSX samples have undergone rigorous testing without a single dis-bond!
So the FSX was born...
Experience the look and feel of professional grade Carbon Fiber; be amazed by how light weight, yet strong this small product is.
THE SPECIFICATIONS / SKETCHES
THE 6061-T651 ALUMINUM FSX-3A MODEL NEW PRODUCT!!! INTRODUCING THE ALL NEW FSX-3A!!
(We are looking at other precious metals next week)
The Aluminum FSX-3A has the exact same specifications as the Carbon fiber FSX-3 opener/media stand calls out for.
The FSX-3 is the more popular style so far!! So for the "Metal Heads" out there we're are currently offering a 6061-T651 Aluminum FSX-3A bottle opener w/media stand.
THE EARLY PROTOTYPES
The early prototypes were tested and rejected; either too small, too uncomfortable, or simply just didn't work well enough to meet our end goal.
Although some great designs exist, many are lacking the true hand-fabricated / machined aerospace composite technology that our product line possesses. It is much more than just machining “off the shelf” materials, such as wood or various kinds of metals.
• Curing process: After the preformed panels are inspected, bagged, and vacuum-checked, they run through a rigorous curing and post curing process in an autoclave exceeding temperatures of 425F @ 110psi of pressure. This entire curing process is roughly 18 hours long and gives each panel an optimum fiber-to-resin ratio, producing a very strong and lightweight product.
De-molding: As soon as the panels are cooled to room temperature, they are extracted from the autoclave and de-molded. This means all of the bagging materials are stripped, panels are pulled off of the tooling surface, and then deflashed for the next phase.
• Machining: The panels are then placed on the CNC bed and fixed into position. The chosen program is selected, and then machined into final shape.
- Inspection: After all the machining is completed we give our products a detailed inspection, making sure there are no delaminations and everything is to our tolerance specifications (flatness/thickness/machined surfaces).
• Ink and Polish: For the final step of production, an inked logo is applied and then a light polish finishes off each FSX.
• Packaging: Each of the finished products will get their own box with cotton filler, then placed on the shelf and labeled.
If you are looking for something unique at an affordable price, then I invite you to support our campaign.
This is how we are offering our FSX model stands/openers...
3) Shipping - All units will be shipped out with a delivery confirmation as well as new USPS boxes and packaging.
How is the money being spent?
If the campaign reaches our goal we will begin the flat panel construction. We currently have panels in stock to produce approximately 2500 FSX products. Depending on the success of the campaign we will commission a reputable composite firm to rent out Autoclave time to us.
Risks and challenges
With this project I foresee no great risks, we have an advantage because we control the entire process in house. The initial prototypes have come out beautifully and our process is a proven industry standard in aerospace. We're simply applying our combined experience and expertise on some great new ideas for the consumer. By keeping all of our design and manufacturing in house we don't have to pay middlemen or sacrifice quality by outsourcing labor.
Overcoming the prospected issues-
If there is a high demand for the for the product, we will simply invest in another CNC and run it. We have the room for expansion.
Thank you Kickstarter community for checking out my passion!
The Future Stands Team,Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)