>>> STRETCH GOAL ADDED <<<
If we reach $40,000 in funding, we’ll have enough funds to revamp our circuit board one last time to make room for a super high efficiency pure white LED. We’ll still have the red/green/blue LEDs to provide color, while the additional white LED will greatly amplify the maximum brightness. We can do all of this without a reduction in battery life or increase in size!
As seen in:
An adaptive portable light show
The Firefly Pick is the most intelligent pick you have ever played with. The high brightness LED's are driven by a high speed sensor system that can detect playing styles of all kinds. This is all powered by an ultra-thin lithium-ion battery and is rechargeable via micro USB. The Firefly Pick looks and feels like a 3mm Big Stubby pick and with high quality components, this pick will last many years.
Play the Firefly Pick as you would any other guitar pick and let our carefully-tuned algorithms perform a synchronized light show alongside your music, pulsing the embedded lights perfectly in time with the music. The Firefly Pick accommodates fast and slow action as well as rapid changes in tempo.
The Firefly Pick's analog sensor system intelligently detects even the quietest picking action, while simultaneously ignoring the unrelated motions of your environment.
Personalize your Firefly Pick
The Firefly Pick comes in one of four versions, and one of nine colors. Build a combination that suits your style!
1. Choose your version
- The Firefly Pick Original – Flashes quickly and precisely to a wide range of playing motion while ignoring unrelated movements. This version is the most rhythmic option and the most well rounded Firefly Pick.
- The Firefly Pick Air – Flashes in response to hand motion as well as playing action, so it works on any body rhythm even without a guitar. Likely to revolutionize the air guitar, but also ideal for slower tempos, drawn out finishes, and tracking whammy bar motion
- The Firefly Pick Duo – The Firefly Pick Duo flashes one color of your choice on the up stroke, and a different color of your choice on the down stroke. More challenging to control than the Original, but with great artistic potential. Flip the pick over in your hand to reverse the directions.
- The Firefly Pick Insanity – The Firefly Pick Insanity flashes one color of your choice on the up stroke, and one color of it’s choice on the down stroke. He’s a little unstable, but you’ll love him anyway!
2. Choose your light color (the plastic is always white). Remeber to choose 2 colors for the Firefly Pick Duo!
The Firefly Pick's Technology
Each component of the Firefly Pick has been carefully selected and configured for efficient power usage. The Firefly Pick is rechargeable using a standard USB micro cable (included).
The Firefly Pick has no buttons or controls. A capacitive touch sensor detects when the pick is being held and wakes the electronic systems up from low power hibernation in a fraction of a millisecond. When the Firefly Pick is released, it automatically returns to hibernation mode to save power.
Low profile for maximum playability
The Firefly Pick is the same height and width as a normal guitar pick (26mm x 26mm) and just over 3mm thick, similar to any other heavy pick. The Firefly Pick has more electronic complexity than most guitar amps or pedals packed into a volume smaller than a hearing aid.
USE THE FIREFLY PICK WITH:
- Electronic Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Bass Guitar
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
We've spent over a year designing the Firefly Pick, adding features, adding even more features and then refining and simplifying every component of the pick to ensure it's just right. We have put countless hours into the project, but our hard work and design expertise can only take us this far. In order for us to mass produce the Firefly Pick, we need support from backers and early adopters like yourself!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you're already a backer, you can help out even more by simple sharing a link to our project page with your friends throughout your social networks. Here's how: The best way to help support our campaign is to back our project and pledge money for your very own Firefly Pick in your favorite color.
- Click here to send out a pre-populated Tweet with a link to our campaign page - it only takes a few seconds!
- Click here to check us out on Facebook - feel free to share your thoughts about the Firefly Pick or Like/Share our posts!
Manufacturing & Production Schedule
Post–Kickstarter (August 10)
Risks and challenges
The Firefly Pick has already been successfully prototyped using multiple pick shapes, assembly styles and circuit board enclosures.
The primary risk in manufacturing the Firefly Pick is achieving the extremely thin walls that are needed to create a low profile guitar pick. We have discussed this challenge with our manufacturing partner and vendors, and our funding goal reflects the quotes needed to achieve this resolution with high quality in mass production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (35 days)