Frequently Asked Questions
A) If you live in Canada, choose the Portfolio Reward listed as SHIPS TO CANADA ONLY and pledge $95 (plus any additional ADD-ON's). That works out to $79 for the portfolio plus $16 for shipping. For any local residents that want to pick up their portfolio from my print shop in Kitchener, just use Option B) below and pledge $79 plus ADD-ON's and send me a message to let me know.
B) If you live OUTSIDE of CANADA, choose the Portfolio Reward listed as SHIPS INTERNATIONAL ONLY Reward item AND be sure to ADD the appropriate shipping cost from this table below (this table is also published in the main project description).
Ship Point===>> Shipping Cost + Portfolo = Pledge Amount (before ADD-ON's)
USA =======>> $16 ship + $79 portfolio = $95 pledge (plus ADD-ON's)
UK/EU (Sea) =>> $20 ship+ $79 portfolio = $99 pledge (plus ADD-ON's)
UK/EU (Air) ==>> $65 ship + $79 portfolio = $144 pledge (plus ADD-ON's)
AUS/NZ/ASIA (Sea) ==>> $20 ship + $79 portfolio = $99 pledge (plus ADD-ON's)
AUS/NZ/ASIA (Air) ===>> $70 ship + $79 portfolio = $149 pledge (plus ADD-ON's)
Please make sure that you have enough funds in your pledge to cover the shipping cost to your region (unless you're planning an early Winter vacation in Kitchener, Ontario!
Please message me if you have any questions or wish to know shipping costs to other areas.
John FunkLast updated:
Bonus Prints – FAQ
• For each portfolio that you pledge for, you may pledge for up to a total of 7 (this increases to 10 if funding reaches $33,000) Bonus Prints
• For the Comic Store Retailers, that means 5 portfolio’s x max number of BP’s allowed (currently, 5 x 7 = 35 BP’s)
• Some Bonus Prints (BP’s) are marked as ‘half size’ or 2 for 1. Two of these half sized BP’s counts as ONE full sized BP.
• Always pledge for BP’s in full BP’s; ‘2 for 1’ BP’s must be chosen in pairs (two different half BP’s) to make up a full BP
• Each BP requires an additional pledge of $9 (if unsure of your total pledge requirement, please message me and I’ll gladly double check it)
• All of the BP’s are now unveiled for CANT (CEREBUS ARCHIVE Number Two)
• BP’s that are released for the first time (e.g. – all 21 of these) will be signed and NUMBERED as a “First Release”. Here’s what that will read:
o Certified First Release Bonus Print CEREBUS ARCHIVE NUMBER TWO – October 2014 number ___ of ___
o That means that the ones chosen by the fewest backers on First Release will also be the most rare!
• In the next ARCHIVE (CAN3) the 21 BP’s from CANT will be made available again, but NOT as a First Release; they will be signed but not NUMBERED and NOT be titled as First Release
• New BP’s WILL be released during CAN3 (exact quantity unknown at this time) and will be treated in the same way as the CANT First Release BP’s; this pattern will continue for future releases
• I need to get Dave's clarification on the following point, so for the moment, treat it as pending: I originally thought that the BP's would ALSO have your portfolio reservation (registration) number on them, thus being an integral part of your portfolio. However, this is NOT certain, and I will update everyone once we're able to connect on that question. I think it's a very important distinction, especially to those who have pledged for multiple portfolios.
• At the time of pledge, you simply pledge for the total number of BP’s PLUS any other ADD-ON’s you want. After funding ends, I’ll send a survey which will allow you to provide me with the specific BP numbers you’ve pledged for.
• BP’s will be printed the same size (11.5” x 17.4”) as the main portfolio (except half size of 8.5” x 11”) for the half-sized ones; they will be printed on the same cardstock as the main portfolios
• If you plan on adding BP’s, NOW is the time to add to your pledge to cover them. That also helps to get this project closer to the $33k which opens up more BP’s for those who want the max!
• Keep posting questions to the comments section if you have any more questions! I’ll answer them as fast as possible.
BONUS PRINT NUMBERING DETAILS (FIRST RELEASE ONLY)
A couple of days ago I posted a 'pending' explanation on how the numbering will work on the Bonus Prints. I'm pleased to say that we've got it figured out now and this is how it will be done (in addition to the gold foil seal).
There will be two sets of numbering:
Bonus Print Numbering - Dave will hand letter a sequence number of your FIRST RELEASE Bonus Plates that will numbered as 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, etc all the way up to x of x (Calculus anyone??) where the variable x will be replaced with the total number of Bonus Prints of that particular version produced. So, for example, if 24 backers selected BP #4 then x = 24 for BP #4. Similarly, if 35 backers selected BP #9, then x= 35 and so on. Each BP will have it's own 'x' value. If you pledged for a Headsketch in CANO, this will be done in a similar way, except for Dave hand lettering the numbers this time.
Portfolio Numbering - This will be your reservation number (which becomes a registration number once printed) out of y where y = total number of portfolios printed (just like the __ of 300 we did for CANO). This connects your Bonus Prints to your portfolio number and the master registration number record will show this.
Signature - Dave will sign every Bonus Print
John FunkLast updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question