Want to never draw or redraw another dungeon again? Or Want to make dungeons until your fingers bleed? I say, "Why not both?"
Want to never draw or redraw another dungeon again? Or Want to make dungeons until your fingers bleed? I say, "Why not both?" Read more
Want More? Follow us on Social Media!
- Master Pad Facebook: @MasterPadBMG
- Byte Me Games Facebook: @ByteMeGames
- Instagram: @ByteMe_Games
- Twitter: @ByteMe_Games
Risks and challenges
Challenges? Risks? Qualified?
Our biggest challenge is to convince people that their time is too valuable to spend hunched over a vinyl mat - huffing the fumes of wet/dry erase markers. Once you see how easy it is to integrate our product into your existing game, we are POSITIVE you will agree with us.
There is no reason why MasterPad map pages cannot thrive in a host of tabletop games with little to no modifications.
- Universal alignment. there is no up down left or right once the pages are pulled out. The passages to other map pages are all located in the same-ish places to make alignment simple and visually pleasing.
- A price point at or near what one would spend for a pile of useless tiles or a not-so-endlessly reusable blank mat.
- A sweet form-factor that makes them easy to transport, and even easier to figure out how to use.
- Full compatibility with existing products! Keep your tiles and mats then place my maps alongside/on top of/wherever you want for a little color and atmosphere.
- Endless customization. don't like my map? Get out your trusty scissors or hobby knife and cut them apart as your own set of custom dungeon tiles!
Our other biggest challenge has been cost-effective production. Currently, we are doing it all by hand, contracting out the parts we don't have the equipment for. While we are enjoying making them to this point, it isn't cost-effective.
Lastly, most of us at Byte Me Games are just regular folks like you. We work for a living, have kids, and argue about game errata on forums. Running a business has been a challenge with a pocketful of dreams and a desk covered with bills and we have already made several rookie mistakes that we have survived and learned from.
Transitioning from hobby for fun to hobby for business is no easy task, but we have learned a lot in the past year or two, and will continue doing so. With your support, we can do this.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)