An Epic Turn Base Strategy game in which you must rise up against the authorities and free the souls of the tormented. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on December 3, 2012.
About this project
#103 is to be a story rich 3D Turn Based Strategy game for Windows & Mac. In it you play the role of a robotic Grim Reaper who has become disillusioned with a system he is forced to obey. After being sent to 'reap' the soul of a recently deceased child he begins to question whether this souls destiny is truly right and decides to make a stand.
Played out in a detailed 3D world populated by strange creatures and teaming with souls of the deceased, the game is set across 2 distinct worlds : the real world and 'The Sanctuary' - a dystopian world created in the image of hell by the elders of the Reapers.
As you guide #103 around the beautifully crafted levels trying to complete the mission objects you will also control up to 10 souls (amongst a few other characters). You will be able to combine #103's body and weapons with the freed souls to unleash new attacks and special abilities in your fight to free the trapped souls.
The game features:
- Classic turn based gameplay
- Detailed environments
- Power up you weapons and attacks by combining spirits of the dead
- Rich story driven single player game
- Asynchronous online multiplayer game
- Spectacular visuals and special effects
- Earn new abilities and special moves by completing side quests
Everyone pledging enough to qualify for a reward will be able to participate in the Beta of the game as it nears completion. This will be your way of helping shape the final outcome of the game.
Pledge over £40 and get access to the game a few months before the official beta starts. Whilst the alpha is in progress you'll be invited to join a bi-monthly online forum to give your honest feedback and tell us what you'd like to see added.
So far #103 is a product of spare time and spare time is increasingly difficult to come by. The funds raised by Kickstarter will be used in several ways to make sure this game becomes the best it can be. Here are just a few ways:
- Artwork: Paying for freelance artistsis an expensive way of doing things but at present is the only way, this also makes things move slower than I would like as I can only pay for artwork / modeling as I can afford it. With the funds raised via this very pitch I will bring on board a full time 2D and 3D artist (at least one of each depending on whether we exceed the goal)
- Software And Tools: Being self financed currently means making do with what I have to hand. With the right funding I can ensure that everyone involved in the project has all tools they need to finish each task to the best of their ability.
- Story: To ensure that #103 is fully immersive I'd like to bring in a profession story / scriptwriter to fully flesh out all the details of my ideas. This is something I could do myself, but this would take away more of my development time.
- Living: Essentially ensuring I can work full time on the project and still make sure myself and my family can eat and survive.
- Super polish: Any money above that of the target will be fed back into the project to pay for anything I feel will be able to make this the best product it can be. Some of the additional money will go into make a mobile version of the game, producing a card game based on #103 and much more.
If the target of £50,000 is exceeded we plan to use the extra resources to add in some benefits.
Risks and challenges
Taking on this work load alone can prove to be stressful and a very difficult challenge but having the finances available to draft in new team members will alleviate these concerns.
I have enough experience to take on this challenge alone, but over a much greater period of time and with nowhere near as much polish as I can provide with these extra resources.
Not only do I believe I can make this game a reality but I believe it can be a monument of storytelling and playability and I can do it with your help.
A budget of £50,000 might not seem enough to make a computer game, but for me this is a base figure to improve upon. With £50,000 I can get the extra art, tools and programming work done to a high standard and anything above this target will only improve the overall product.
The main challenge is always time and with these funds I could work on this project full time and make it epic!
Thank you for your support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
It is certainly something I would love to see myself, but this pitch is initial for a PC / Mac version. If we exceed our target it could well be on the cards so don't discount it just yet.
At it's heart the game will be a Turn Based Strategy game in a similar vein to Final Fantasy Tactics, Advanced Wars or Fire Emblem but where #103 will differ is on it's character customisation and unit combinations. You will be able to level #103 up as well as some of the souls that play a regular part similar to any good RPG, but you will also be able to 'fuse' souls with your weapons and body parts to create unique attacks and special moves.
#103 will allow you to control between 1 and 10 units in any given mission, some missions will focus on combat and some on stealth.
All 2D concept artwork was created by a very talented British artist Michael Mowat. He can be reached here: http://michaelmowat.carbonmade.com
You better believe it!
Yes indeed it will. It may not be at the exact same time as the Windows / Mac release but it will not be far behind!!!
I certainly hope so! it is currently listed on Steam Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/…) so stop on by and say hello, give us a thumbs up and fire any questions you may have.
If #103 does make it to Steam, anyone qualifying for a copy of the game will get a Steam key if required.
- (31 days)