About this project
THE CAMPAIGN IS NOW FINISHED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT!
If you missed it, feel free to check out our web store.
Follow us in our web and social media to be up to date:
Components explained in detail here.
- FAITH is a PNP RPG that uses no pen & no paper.
- FAITH replaces dice with cards. Players have a hand of cards from which they can choose which one they play, giving them a unique “resource management” system.
- The mechanics of FAITH are easy to learn, but there is a lot of strategy involved in its confrontations. Instead of simply rolling a dice, players will have to think carefully when they play their cards. Players can explore different strategies to find the one that better fits their play style.
- The game is centered around the narrative aspect of RPG’s, moving away from constant checks and rewarding the players for good role playing, while keeping the role of the GM as a story teller instead of a living encyclopedia.
- The art is on the table: every card from the player deck contains a unique illustration of the universe of FAITH. This makes diving into our futuristic setting easier and makes the whole experience more immersive. Additionally, players will have access to illustrated gear cards that display all the information they need to use them.
- ClubFantasci: "Burning Games has done a great job at creating a beautiful design in FAITH that is meaty but easy to learn." "[...] solid, easy to play sci-fi RPG that offers a lot of adventuring right out of the box [...]"
- Melvin Smiff: "[...] reasonable (even a bit cheap for all it includes) price point" "Head on over to the Kickstarter and check them out, the game looks awesome I hope to see it fund!"
- Little Metal Dog: "The fact that everything works so well means I will certainly recommend it". "[...] who wouldn’t want to play something that gives you such freedom? Trying this one was a pleasure [...]"
- Undead Viking: "[...] ease of use: no dice, no nothing, it's just like the action is fast, and everybody is involved, and everybody is talking [...] my group has really really enjoyed Faith and I'm excited to see what the game will look like once it gets published, and see all the final art [...]"
- Board Game Couch: "Burning Games, you did a really good job, you have yourself your first backer [...]"
- RPG Academy: "I was very impressed. The quality of the product put together is top notch, an elegant core mechanic. […] A+ all the way around."
- You don´t meet in an inn: "It has to be one of my favorite role playing settings since 3.5 D&D. Seriously, I really love this."
- Geekline415: “Oh, we WILL be playing again”
The Universe of FAITH is shaped by a transcendental and earth shattering fact: Gods are real; and they live side by side with technology and biological experimentation.
These Gods are in constant conflict with each other, although they can only affect reality through their believers. They choose characters that behave according to strict moral codes and support them in their struggles, empowering them with divine rewards that can break the laws of physics.
A thousand years from now humanity drove itself to the point of almost extinction and was enslaved by the Corvo, a hypertechnological and ever expansive species that now uses them as mercenaries and soldiers. For a long time the Corvo were the most powerful civilization in the known universe, and they expanded unopposed through the "Labyrinth", a massive web of wormholes with hundreds of exits. Then they came across the Iz'kal, a species whose civilisation and power matched their own in might and prowess. When it became clear that war between the two species would lead both of them to total annihilation, a truce was signed.
Now the two species fight a cold war for the control of the Labyrinth, while humanity struggles for survival.
FAITH uses a unique system that replaces dice with cards. Each player has a poker deck and a hand of 7 cards. Most actions the characters attempt are successful by default, but when another character or the Game Master tries to stop them a confrontation will arise. In that case both sides will be able to play a number of cards from their hands depending on their attributes and add their value to their skills. The highest final value will determine who succeeds and who fails.
These confrontations make the gameplay feel dynamic, allowing characters to perform actions outside the more traditional and constrained initiative rounds and letting them use their resources as they see fit instead of being subject to the sheer randomness of a dice roll.
FAITH: The Sci-fi RPG is brought to you by Burning Games, a company created by four friends with a dream of making games that offer fresh takes on traditional RPG and boardgame models. We come from very different backgrounds (Med student, engineering student, filmmaker and creative and marketing expert) and we have been gamers for most of our lives. The games we make are the games we would like to be playing, and now we want to share them with you.
For our first game we've had the support of many amazing people, from hundreds of playtesters from all over the world who have helped us polish the mechanics to the followers we've met through social media.
We have had the luck to work with amazingly talented artists: Milan Nikolic, Aleksandra Bilic and Aleksa Bracic. They have brought and will continue to bring the world of FAITH to life through their beautiful illustrations and designs.
We will be working with WinGo to manufacture our game to ensure professional quality.
We are devoted to this project and we understand that creating a successful company takes a lot of money and effort. We are determined to make a fantastic product and continue to support it and create many more in the future.
- Free P&P: As you put your trust in us to deliver this game, we put our trust in you and offer you the free Print&Play of the game so you can try it out before you buy it.
- Professional editor: We are aware of our limitations as non native English speakers therefore we will hire a professional editor to go over the game before sending it for publishing.
Thanks to the Amazon fulfilment system there is a very cost effective way to ship your rewards to many parts of the world, using a trustworthy channel used by millions everyday.
Every reward includes £7 of shipping which means that the entire shipping cost to the US is included in each reward and for the countries in the EU it involves a very small shipping cost. We will be shipping from within the US and the EU, therefore there will be no additional customs charges for backers in the US or the EU.
You can find the shipping cost to your country selecting a pledge level before paying.
If your country is not available or you know of a cost effective way of shipping to your country that you would like to share with us, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for ways to improve our services.
FAITH has been to quite some conventions in the last year, giving us the chance of playing with hundreds of people whose valuable feedback has helped us streamline the game and make it more engaging.
From the wonderful Spiel in Essen, to the super fun Dragonmeet and our local Minas Tirith convention, Faith has taken us to many places already.
Our full Spiel Essen gallery.
This is not a project created by a big company that you can just skip and get later through your favourite retailer. If FAITH does not get funded in Kickstarter, it will not be published: we do not have the money to publish it by ourselves.
Additionally, if we get more funding than we need, we will be able to release much more additional content: more art, more cards, more character illustrations...
Hey, why is there something written in Spanish below? Well, the designers are from Spain and we want to share the project with their compatriots. Don't worry about it as it is a summarized version of what is written in English and some interviews in Spanish :)
¡Hola, hispano hablantes!
Gracias a un apoyo muy grande de la comunidad de habla española vamos a poder sacar el juego en español también. Después de que la campaña acabe os preguntaremos quien quiere su juego en inglés y quien lo quiere en español.
Risks and challenges
This is our first Kickstarter project as a company but we come prepared. Some of us have taken part in a small successful Kickstarter campaign in the past and we have been learning from the best:
The board-game and tabletop RPG community is amazing and many who succeed share their experiences, recommending manufacturing companies, shipping options, tips for this and that... We have contacted other successful companies and done extensive research for the last year.
We know most things that can be known about something without having done it yet. We have done our math and contacted the manufacturer and the freighter, and we will be distributing through Amazon, a company trusted by millions for this specific task every day.
We do not fear about not being able to deliver. A risk that we fear is being late, which seems to be a sin shared by many Kickstarter creators. We have done our best to calculate the dates appropriately, but there are many factors outside our direct control, like manufacturing and shipping delays. We have done our best to ensure a minimal risk and we will continue to do so until this project is finished and FAITH is delivered to your doorsteps.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (28 days)