- New Game Toppers 2.0 Kickstarter Live Youtube Q & # 4 recorded Live onsite at Your Turn Board Games Alexandria, MN with guest Kelly Hughes (Kelly helps us in our summer conventions) and store owner Kent Staie. At the end of the video we talk about retailers and the benefits of Game Toppers. Also answer a lot of late pledge questions.
- How Game Toppers work and are constructed. We discuss Why Kickstarter and our new improvements.
Huge thanks to Jamie Stegmaier for allowing us to create an environment resource mat Inspired by Scythe! (This is not an official Stonemaier Games Product/project.)
- Transform your existing table into a High Quality portable gaming solution that upgrades every game you play.
Game Toppers 2.0 is launching to build on and improve our first successfully delivered project. It has taken dedicated effort, working with industry insiders and professional engineers to develop Game Toppers 2.0 improvements and new products. This thoughtfully designed solution keeps affordability in mind, but also provides special features gamers desire while not sacrificing quality. Our standard Game Toppers provide a solid, high quality, powder coated aluminum rail that is very durable at a lower price while not sacrificing functionality. Our "New LUXURIANT & PREMIUM" options provide that extra luxury feel and look with all Natural Oak and Walnut hardwood components.
- Modular HDPE Cup Holders & Accessory Trays
- Powder Coat Finish & Premium Wood Finishes to ensure durability
- Military Grade Aluminum for precise tolerances and strength
- 3mm Premium stitched Thematic Gaming Mats enhance the gaming experience
- Stable "non-slip" Performance while protecting your existing table's surface with our soft rubberized protection strips
- Optional Accessory Rail converts the larger Toppers into a mini. You can have 2 Toppers in one.
- Fully Assembled - Set up in literally a couple of minutes.
- Made in the USA
- White Glove Delivery Service with Topper Packages.
- Tariff Protection included
- USA, Canada, Australia, EU friendly shipping and VAT
- Note: shipping charges and any additional Taxes (MN) or Vat will be charged in the Pledge manager after the campaign closes. This will be charged Aug 25th. Any additional add on's you select will also be charged. Our Backerkit pledge manager will allow you to make all your selections and upgrades.
Gil Melo - Dice Tower contributor and TheGeekSpiel co-host says, " Game Toppers is probably one of the most innovative things that happened to board games in the last decade."
- "The GameTopper we used for live streaming at Southern Board Game Fest was a big hit! The premium mat made playing card games easier and turned ordinary plastic gaming tables into superb gaming experiences." -- BJ from Board Game Gumbo
Renee says.."Just wanted to pop in and say, me and my Holmes are anxious to get some new accessories. Anyone on the fence about these tables should know that I personally love mine and everyone who has played on it has said it made playing games feel more like an event than a normal table. My absolutely best backed Kickstarter to date. Thanks Burky! "
- "Burky has some of the best mats in the industry" Tom Vasel - Crowd Surfing July 2019
- Dice Towers dice component trays are mold injected and paint-able. Very little assembly needed.
1. The new collapsible cup holders are heavy duty, dishwasher safe, food grade material that provides much greater flexibility of use and storage.
2. They accommodate cans of pop and other beverages, larger mugs with handles, large water bottles, they collapse easily, but not so easy that they cannot hold quite a bit of weight for component storage use while uncollapsed.
3. Because of this design, they will easily fit inside the pouches of the storage bag. (That was always a problem with the other clunky aluminum cup holders.)
4. The acrylic lower coaster provides a great inside cover for flat bottom items like larger cups/water bottles, but also make a great dice tray.
5. The upper cover provides a great writing surface and is washable. While the 1st gen cork ones were cool, they can get stained, worn and not as durable.
6. Plus, they are all made in the USA.
This new solution just seams to be such an amazingly better solution! It is now our standard solution with the HDPE components.
- Game Toppers 2.0 Kickstarter Live Youtube Q & A recorded Friday July 12th. Collapsible cup design (Time stamp 48.00
The Dice Tower
Man VS Meeple
Robert Oren's Tabletop World
The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast
The Brothers Murph
The Gameboy Geek
Designer Showcase - Mike Fitzgerald, Ignacy Trzewiczek, Bryan Pope.
- The Holmes Mystery Reveal Video. You can see the first three video on our website to collect additional clues. www.gametoppersllc.com
The Board Game Family -Trent Howell http://www.theboardgamefamily.com/2017/09/game-toppers-full-review/
Paul Grogan -Gaming Rules Vids http://gaming-rules.com/gaming-rules-podblast-2-interview-with-kevin-burkhardsmeir/
Blue Peg Pink PEG Gaming Podcast https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2017/09/11/episode-106-lorenzo-il-magnifico/
The Dukes of Dice http://www.dukesofdice.com/
Rolling Dice and Taking Names http://www.rolldicetakenames.com/
Tantrum House Gaming Podcast http://www.tantrumhouse.com/podcast/tantrum-house-podcast-e5-game-topper
The Boardgame Closet http://boardgamecloset.com/episode-26-countdown-to-the-con/
We are currently Shipping outside of the United States, Canada, UK, 18 countries in Europe (See Shipping chart) and Australia. Our Thematic game mats and some accessories will be available as well. We will continue to explore partners to bring this great product to an even larger international audience. As always there is hefty shipping expense to Alaska and Hawaii.
Our Toppers are over-sized for the shipping category. While we realize it costs a bit more to ship, this was an intentional design decision to provide a fully assembled, quality, comfortable, and provide functionality that gamers desire. We could have made a smaller table with 2 inch rails and not offered the versatility that our design offers, but I refused to compromise on this. The small amount of extra shipping, I feel is worth it in the long run.
- Prices are in US currency
- All VAT taxes or customs fees will be the responsibility of the backer.
- MN sales tax will be charged for MN residents.
- Shipping and tax will be charged after the campaign in the backer kit survey. These cost are good faith estimates. some remote locations can have increased costs.
Risks and challenges
- Customer Service Commitment and fulfillment center Video
As a seasoned business owner, I understand how things do not always go as planned. There are some factors which are out of one's control, and human error must always be factored in. When this happens, problem solving and a commitment to make things right is paramount. I always endeavor to give the customer more than they expect with no gotchas. My experience has prepared me for this and my commitment to honoring my word is my main priority. Our backers will attest to the quality of response and service we provide.
Manufacturing and supply chain difficulties are the biggest risk to this project. We have taken several steps to minimize this risk:
First, I have been involved significantly in every step of this project from inception; prototyping, working with qualified engineers, costing and quality control of manufacturing. I went so far as to personally finance, at significant expense, an initial low volume run of tables to make sure these tables did what I said they would, and to ensure that we could manufacture these with the quality I expect. The result was a product I am very proud of. This knowledge and being so active in the "day to day processes" allows me to personally oversee this project.
Secondly, our Game Toppers are made in the USA. I am working with a manufacture that is based in my home town. They have many large accounts like Target, Best Buy and others, in a 90,000 square ft. facility, that has equipped them to handle the quality and the capacity this project demands. It also provides us many key advantages as far as quality control, problem solving, supply chain and mitigating problems that can happen versus manufacturing overseas.
Thirdly, shipping is always a challenge. We have purchased a 5000 Sq ft facility in our home town to manage inventory and the pick and pull process of our topper orders which we have been running on our own since Feb of 2019. Our Game Toppers are somewhat heavy packages. Considerable time and effort has gone into making sure our fulfillment partner in the EU can handle the shipping in a timely manner. We also have been testing our packaging to ensure our Toppers arrive in pristine condition. Because of this I have made significant upgrades in our packaging to ensure a quality delivery.
We are charging for shipping. I am making sound business decisions so I have enough funds to pay to get them to you. Our Toppers are over sized for the shipping category. While we realize it costs a bit more to ship, this was an intentional design decision to provide the best quality, comfort and functionality that gamers desire. We could have made a smaller Topper with 2 inch rails and not offered the versatility that our design offers, but I refused to compromise on this. The small amount of extra shipping, I feel is worth it in the long run.
- New and current style Mat pictures below
- Sneak peak at The Fantasy Mat in progress. This will have one inch squares grids tastefully in the art.
Risks and challenges
See aboveLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)