This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Thu, March 7 2019 5:59 PM UTC +00:00.
Back because when they say NINE lives, they mean it, Bubsy!
Bubsy is back in his greatest adventure yet, Bubsy: Paws On Fire! For the first time in the series, Bubsy is bringing along 3 other playable pals, each with their own unique styles, new moves and new challenges never before seen in a Bubsy title. There are over 100 character/world/level combos to fly, race, and play through. In addition to PlayStation 4 and Steam, Bubsy: Paws on Fire! is the first Bubsy title ever for Nintendo Switch.
Well, that's the first thing Bubsy himself asked. But when we told him we would pay extra, he said, "Bring it on!" The great people at Choice Provisions have already wrapped up the biggest (and we think best) game in the series. They, however are 'dying' to add just a few more things as DLC after launch later this summer. The only way to make that happen is with your help. If we can start the "Spicy Extras" now - while the Choice Provisions team is ready to roll, we can add some major additional fun!
What Kind of Fun?
The content that we are planning to add includes:
- New costumes for the in-game shop!*
- Even more Bubsy sound bites
- A digital OST*
- A new playable character (ssshhhh!)*
- A brand new Impossible World and New Boss!*
- A limited edition PlayStation 4 physical version with a CD OST inside the box!
* This content may be sold as premium DLC in the future.
Our basic funding goal keeps the lights on the project on just long enough to pop out some new Character threads and have Bubsy add even more of his 'insights.' Once we hit our goal, the stretch goals are fast and furious leading all the way to a completely new world. Also the Choice Provisions folks said that the $75K stretch goal will Bubsy's eyes bugging out once he sees his new partner in punctuation? Whaaaaa? Anyway, some of these things are "do it now or do it never," so we're excited to see how much more we can do!
Bubsy: Paws on Fire! is chocked full of features:
- Four playable characters, each with their own unique mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality
- An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
- Over 100 levels set across three different worlds!
- Three boss battles!
- A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
- A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
- Unique character dialog for every level!
- A variety of collectible types, ensuring maximum replayability!
- The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot--we dug deep!
Each character has different gameplay styles that adds a whole lot of variety and content to the game. Enjoy a running challenge with Bubsy or a shooter experience with Woolie.
There are unlockable costumes for each character! Collect all of the quirky and cool looks for the group of unlikely heroes.
Run purr-fectly to rack up a score multiplier! When you're on a roll you will literally be ON FIRE!
Risks and challenges
On the Plus Side:
1. Bubsy: Paws on Fire is already being submitted to Steam, Nintendo and Sony for final approval, so the game is basically done baring a last minute required tweak or two.
2. The Developer, Choice Provisions as already shown the technical and artistic production quality with the base game that the DLC will require and the product doesn't present any new technical challenges.
There is a fairly tight window with Physical Goods productions and the expected release date. If the Physical Goods are delay in Manufacturing, this could push back the release several weeks.
The developer Choice Provisions could have delays in productions, especially the later Stretch goals (a new world) which could push the DLC delivery dates out if they run into unexpected issues during the production phase.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter