Last Chip Standing: Devil's Luck is a fiendishly simple, feather-light game of chance with a 10-minute average play time. Single-page instructions, custom 19mm jumbo resin dice, screenprinted gold bar mini chips, and a slick magnetic box that fits right in your pocket.
Where Last Chip Standing differs from similar chip passing games like it is its "Luck" mechanics.
- Bad Luck: Roll a bandit that points to another player, and that player steals one of your chips.
- Reverse Luck: Roll a lucky horseshoe, and do the opposite of what your other dice say.
- Fool's Luck: Roll a horseshoe with only 1 die left, and take a chip from the pot.
- Hard Luck: Roll two horseshoes, and each player puts a chip in the pot.
- Devil's Luck: Roll any 3-of-a-kind and steal a chip from up to 3 outlaws.
You can download the rules here.
- Rustle up at least 3 outlaws and divvy out 3 chips to each one. Oldest rolls first, age before beauty.
- First outlaw rolls three dice, does what the dice say, and play continues left.
- Outlaws with 1 or 2 chips only roll 1 or 2 dice. An outlaw with no chips, they don't roll. Hope ain't lost, but it's grim tidings.
- The last outlaw with chips collects the whole pot.
Three dice, six sides, whole lotta combinations:
For the purists, or for the collectors who just want more dice, also available through this campaign is the original edition of Last Chip Standing, which uses the traditional ruleset. No new-fangled Bandit or Horseshoe dice, just passing, potting, and winning.
Need to order multiple copies of Last Chip Standing: Devil's Luck or classic Last Chip Standing? Now you can. Just pledge at your desired level, then add $8 for each additional copy of either game. This applies for both US and International customers.
If you really want to help us out, shoot us a message stating how many copies of which game you would like. We'll add a note to your pledge. Otherwise, we'll hit you with a backer survey when the campaign wraps up.
And that's our campaign! We're excited to bring this game to life with your help.
Shipping to the contiguous USA is free for all pledge levels. International shipping is a flat $10 for all levels without a dice cup, and $12 for levels with a dice cup.
Here's a quick timeline of how we see this shaking out.
- February 2017 - Kickstarter launches!
- March 2017 - Wildly successful Kickstarter completes, and production of Last Chip Standing: Devil's Luck begins in full. All our art assets are already done, and all components are already finalized. Lead time is about 4-6 weeks.
- April 2017 - Eager anticipation, watering mouths, etc.
- May 2017 - We receive the finished units and begin shipping to backers!
Follow us on social media!
The Marshal Pledge Level
We had a commenter asking what the black leather dice cup with red velvet trim looks like. Great question! It looks a little something like this:
Risks and challenges
This may be Brybelly's first Kickstarter campaign, but we've been in the business of product development, sourcing, and shipping for over 10 years. We've already worked with this dice manufacturer to create the wildly successful Story Time Dice, as well as expansions Story Time Dice: Scary Tales and Story Time Dice: Fairy Tales. Beyond that, we've already successfully executed a children's board game we designed from the ground-up called Sub Shop.
Because games can sometimes bring together components from several different manufacturers, they're always subject to potential production delays. One source delays, the whole thing delays. We've got a great relationship with our manufacturers and our agent as well as fully open channels of communication between us and them. If there are any delays or production snags, we'll know quick, and more importantly, our backers will know quick.
We're fully confident we can bring Last Chip Standing to life and get it into backer hands in a timely and professional manner.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)