- Brutality is a PVP medieval brawler board game for 2-4 players.
- 1 Game is usually 30-60 minutes.
- The win condition is simple, destroy the other team using brutal attacks, relics, artifacts, and environmental hazards.
- Each Team selects 2 Heroes, each with their own special attacks and moves. Bury People Alive, Impale and Slam, Throw Daggers, Toss Rivals in an Iron Maiden... Go Medieval on your friends.
- Relic Cards change up the game every time with beneficial effects for you, or damning effects for your enemies.
- Artifact cards have powerful effects with cooldowns. Mind control, switch spots with an opponent, or use one of their abilities as your own. Be creative with your savagery!
- Utilize Environmental Hazards to launch players from catapults, or knock them into spikes for extra damage.
UPDATED STRETCH GOALS!
Keep in mind, the stretch goal figures will be added to your Kickstarter backer box, but they will be sold separately when they hit retail shelves. For backing us early, we're effectively giving you free figures, if you wait to buy retail, The Plague Baron, Mary the Brutal, The Demon King, The Leviathan Hunter, and the Righteous executioner will cost extra! So back now to get those figures added to your box for free!
Players will navigate their figures on the board pictured below:
Players will also pull cards from a deck and use them in combination with their hero abilities. Check out some card examples below:
Another layer to add to the devastation is the Artifact Card. Each Hero gets one Artifact Card. These are powerful abilities with cool-downs, so make sure you use them wisely!
Player-placed environmental hazards also change up the experience and tactics. Heroes can use their abilities to push or pull rivals through hazards for more damage. Spikes, raging oil fires, ruined fortress walls, and catapults can be used to change the battlefield.
You Ready for Some Brutality?
We've been working on this game for about a year and a half. We've playtested like crazy. Written and re-written cards. Designed and redesigned abilities. Argued about metas. Drawn and... undrawn characters. Modeled heroes. 3D printed figure prototypes and been to Kinkos too many times to count. Needless to say, we're ready to get this game out there.
Want to check out more? www.brutalityboardgame.com has more details about the game and the world of Brutality.
Risks and challenges
Are there risks? Yep. There are always risks attempting to thwart progress or slow things down, here's what we think they are:
1) 3D models for figures. We've made 4 out of 6 figures for the core game. We're also planning on adding some as stretch goals. If we hit them, we'll need to make those extra figures for a total of 7 figures we'd need to model. They take anywhere from a month to two months per figure depending if the modeler is working full time on them. The plan would be to hire as many 3D artists at once to reduce the wait time you'd have to get this game in your hands. We had 4 artists working on the game at once, so it reduced the time to get these done, for example.
2) Manufacturing time. We've got most of the 2D art, which is great, but we need to get the models made, THEN get the game mass produced so that's step two in the dependency chain. The mass production process takes about 21 weeks once they have all art assets. We'll work with the manufacturer to reduce time where we can, but this'll be the longest step in the process. There are 240 different parts in this box, so we'll want to make sure we get this right.
3) Shipping. Once the manufacturer is done, they'll send us the boxes with the game and badass figures included in the box. After that, we'll need to send it to your address.
We tried to limit risks by completing a large portion of the asset work before the KickStarter campaign. We've also consulted with Panda and Long Pack Board Game Manufacturing to ensure our quotes are as accurate and fair to the customer as possible. Our goal is to be transparent, so please send us questions if you have 'em!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)