Heroes of Tenefyr is a fully cooperative deck-building game for 1-4 players with push your luck elements and a different approach to deck-building. It's very easy to teach in less than 5 minutes, so it's also a good entry point for gamers who are new to deck-building.
Each player starts with a deck consisting of some Basic cards and 1 unique Skill card for their chosen Hero.
During the game, players will enter dungeons together and fight the monsters within. Combat uses a simple push your luck mechanic.
The main way to acquire new cards is by defeating enemies, but there are also rewards for clearing an entire dungeon that let you fine-tune your deck a bit more.
If you run out of cards in your deck, you become exhausted, and your group will need to rest to get those cards back. However, each time you rest, the boss moves one step closer to attacking you.
What makes Heroes of Tenefyr different from most deck-building games?
- Acquiring cards. The main way to build up your deck is by fighting enemies and taking their loot. The enemy cards are rotated to the loot side.
- Exhaustion. When you run out of cards in your deck, you become exhausted and unable to do anything. You only shuffle your discard pile back into your deck when you decide to rest.
- Drawing cards. You can discard your hand and draw a new one as often as you want, but you'll get closer to exhaustion.
Full playthrough video - Joe from What I'm Playing Now was kind enough to do a full playthrough. Turn on the Klingon subtitles to see the 2 small mistakes he makes. (He forgets to read the text on one enemy, which could have made the game much easier for him, but it's still a great video!)
We've teamed up with Quartermaster Logistics to handle the shipping and fulfillment. Shipping will be customs free for the United States, Canada, EU, China and Australia.
Kickstarter video music: Minstrel Guild, Clash Defiant and Heroic Age by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Kickstarter video Voice-acting: Nick Valk
Risks and challenges
This is Broken Mill's first Kickstarter campaign, but I've taken steps to make sure I can deliver the game without hiccups.
1. All the artwork is done, so we can move to the production phase fairly quickly.
2. Our chosen manufacturer, Longpack, has many years of experience producing quality board games.
3. Quartermaster logistics will handle all the shipping and fulfillment, like they have done for many other board game Kickstarters.
4. I've kept the Kickstarter campaign fairly simple, without any add-ons, so there's less chance of confusion.
The main remaining challenge is that Broken Mill is a one person company, so communication might not be instant, but I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.
If something does go wrong, I will do all I can to set it right. But there's always the chance of an invading army of goblins from another dimension, and I'm not sure I can do much about that.
Thank you for supporting this game!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)