Update on Art, Editing, Stretch Goals!!
Just wanted to give you an update on what's happening!
- Make sure to finish your surveys! We're doing pretty great - 91%! - but we gotta hit that 100% to get everything out to all of the backers. Check your emails! Check BackerKit! Thank you!
- We still have the pre-order page going! It'll run up until we're ready to release the PDF, I think, and then we'll change to a regular store (looking at IPR, DriveThru, and potentially itch.io) - make sure to share the pre-order link! https://turn.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders << right here!
- I just got edits back from Tracy which they say are the final edits before the layout proofread! I'll dig into them this week - I have some minor work to do to address the edits, plus I'm adding a sidebar on using chats to represent text messaging.
- I finished up the dev edit for Harmouth, and I'll be doing the editorial review next. I saw Ezio & Lavinia's Italy work hit my inbox, so I'll be moving toward that as well for dev edits. Meguey & Anders will follow, and Gerrit is last to accommodate some life stuff!
- Now that edits are finished I'll be starting to follow up with people on their unique backer levels, I just wanted to get this set of edits out of the way so I can be dedicated. We will be fulfilling these over the course of the next multiple months, so don't stress that we aren't immediately finalizing! For me, having all of the surveys collected makes it possible to address all of the backers, and we tried to get them out quickly to make this happen, so we're doing pretty good.
- John's been working on the various human Role art pieces, and they look amazing! His Heir really captured what I was looking for in the piece, and I'm excited to see how he'll take on the next few pieces!
- We also have some artwork in from Cecilia, our new beast artist, and it looks so good! It's still in the pencils stage, but we wanted to show some previews so you could see the great work coming through! I've included the Snake and Bison, but have enthusiasm that there's so much more to come!
- Keep in mind that the currently free beta of the game will stay alive until we release the PDF, then the document will get locked. I will likely update it one last time before it goes to layout soon to reflect Tracy's latest edits, and will take it down just before we make the PDF accessible to backers. I'm just letting you know in case you happen to be in the middle of a game and using the document!
- When the game is released on PDF in March or for the hardcopy release in May, I'm totally interested in doing podcasts or interviews! Just message here! If you know someone who wants a review copy, have them message here or email contactbriecs at gmail dot com.
- Some more about the stretch goals - we're going to include a completed map, an essay, beasts, humans, NPCs, and reskin information for how to rename the existing archetypes as necessary. I'm hoping to share some bits from Harmouth after the edits are done, just clips on here. I promise you we're working hard to make these happen, but it all takes time.
We are super grateful for everyone's continued support! I'm really proud of the work everyone is doing, and I think that the final product of the game will genuinely be worth your time. Remember I'm always here if you have questions! We're mostly just in the thick of the work, and I'm trying not to spam while also still trying to ensure that we focus as much on the design itself as we can. I think we're still on track for everything, so it's looking good! Thanks for sticking with us!
Brie & the team