The Bridge is a remote that will change the way you interact with your TV and computer forever!
A Closer Look at the Bridge:
Bridging Television and the Internet
Today, you can access your favorite TV shows, movies and music on your television and computer through Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and Apple.
Computers have become an essential part of home entertainment systems along with TVs, set-top boxes and DVRs. Products like Google TV and Apple TV bring the Internet to your TV, which is cool, but you are required to purchase an additional device (not cool), whether it’s a new TV with these features built-in or another set-top box with yet another remote!
So we ask: how many remotes do you have on your coffee table right now? We think too many, which is why we created the Bridge.
The Bridge combines a QWERTY keyboard, mouse and TV universal remote in one compact device that has the look and feel of a video game controller!
The Bridge is the one handheld remote that will give you the ability to control:
ALL WITH ONE ERGONOMIC DEVICE!
The iPhone's buttons (left) are approximately 6.5mm x 5mm vs the Bridge's buttons (right) that are 8.5mm x 8.5mm.
The Bridge's buttons are raised and pillowed to prevent fat fingering buttons, even for the biggest hands.
Where we are:
Since the Summer of 2011, we have been working with Contec Holdings, a universal remote manufacturer and supplier, to take the next steps the make the Bridge a reality! We are currently working with Contec to create the technical specifications necessary for the electronic design.
We will be continuously updating the blog, to highlight our progress and features of the Bridge, so please visit us frequently!
How You Can Help:
Based on the estimates provided by our contract manufacturer to design the electronics and software to make this device functional, we need $50,000 to bring the Bridge to your hands (the goal amount has been adjusted for Kickstarter and payment processing fees).
We are asking you, our trendsetting, potential customers, to help us reach our $50,000 goal. We expect the Bridge to go into production 6 months from when all the necessary funds are raised.
How This Will Work:
Our supporters get a special opportunity to pre-order the Bridge at a very special price of $65!
- Donations of any amount are simply a gift from you with no strings attached.
- $10 pledge is the official Bridge Limited Edition Supporters Pin. Add $5 for international shipping.
- $20 pledge is the official Bridge Limited Edition T-Shirt or Limited Edition Kickstarter Pouch. Add $5 for international shipping.
- $65 pledge is the Original Bridge. Add $25 for international shipping.
- $90 Limited Edition Red Bridge. Add $25 for international shipping.
- $100 Limited Edition Red Bridge and Pouch. Add $25 for international shipping.
- $105 Bridge, T-shirt, Pouch and Pin. Add $25 for international shipping.
- $120 Limited Edition Red Bridge, T-shirt, Pouch and Pin! Add $25 for international shipping.
- $130 Two Bridges and Two Pouches. Add $25 for international shipping.
- $1,000 A hardcover book featuring copies of the original artwork of the Bridge, an engraved Bridge (Red or Black), T-shirt, Personalized Pouch, Pin, and a personal letter from us thanking you for your support!
The easiest way to help us succeed is to:
- Follow us on Twitter
- Join our Facebook page
- Sign up on Bridgeremote.com
- Then tell all your friends about us through Facebook and Twitter!
Thank you for your support!
The Bridge will communicate with devices wireless using Infrared (IR) and Radio Frequency (RF). IR is used by most devices in your entertainment system today; however, it's outdated and has been around since the 1970s. RF is a technology that will be replacing IR allowing for people to use devices in other rooms and increased efficiency.
The Bridge will be following RF4CE, which is an RF protocol founded by Panasonic Corporation, Royal Philips Electronics, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Sony Corporation in 2008 and is being deployed in millions of households. The Bridge will also include an RF USB Dongle to allow you to control your computer.
For more information about RF4CE, visit: http://bit.ly/uYkd6Z
You'll find a full list of devices the Bridge will be compatible with on Update #3. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/50581889/the-bridge-the-first-truly-universal-remote/posts/137637
Post #8: http://kck.st/w3e2Jp
Yes. If your order requires international shipping, you will need to add an additional $25 to the total of your order.