Brew Revolution, El Salvador's First Craft Beer Brewery
Brew Revolution, El Salvador's First Craft Beer Brewery
We're tripling our fermentation capacity to meet demand for our beers & bringing the Craft Beer Revolution to El Salvador
We're tripling our fermentation capacity to meet demand for our beers & bringing the Craft Beer Revolution to El Salvador Read more
We are living the dream.
We opened the first micro brewery in El Salvador. And it's ROCKING!
Join the Brew Revolution as a “Brew Accionista” and let's rock and roll!
We sold everything and moved from the San Francisco Bay Area to El Salvador to start a Craft Beer Revolution. We formed our team of Salvadoran rebels, dreamers and foodies, and launched our first offensive in the surf village of Playa El Tunco.
El Salvador ama a nuestro gran cerveza artesanal! We are the first and only craft brewery in the country, and demand is exploding so fast we can barely keep up. Our little brew system, handmade here in El Salvador, was just the first round in our bootstrap, DIY, push to bring great Craft Beer, new skills, and good jobs to El Salvador! Que Chivo!
Forbes Magazine chose Brew Revolution's kickstarter project as the #1 best gift for a foodie!
Sprudge.com also featured our project.
Imbibe Magazine named Brew Revolution on of the Top 75 places to watch in 2013!
Today we got this sweet writeup on the awesome FoodGPS!
We also lowered the cost of the top level rewards to encourage a bit more love! Some are as much as 40% lower but with the same rewards!!
- And from now until the end of the project we will give EVERYONE who pledges at the $25 and up level a Brew Accionista Tshirt!
- And for the $50 and up levels we will give you TWO Brew Accionista tshirts, one for you and one for your lucky friend!
- And for the $101 level we will DOUBLE the bottles to 12 for all backers!
- AND many of our Brew Revolution wholesale partners are going to be offering special descuentas and privileges for anyone wearing a Brew Accionista tshirt! (more info coming!)
Every Revolution needs solid support to make lasting change.That's where you come in. Brew Accionistas are the power behind the vision! We have rewards for those of you lucky enough to live here with us in El Salvador, or who will be visiting us in the next year or so. And we have great rewards for those cool cats who just want to be part of this cool project. And for some of the rewards you can even give it as a gift to a local Salvadoreno that you know. (HOW COOL OF A GIFT IS THAT!!!!>>???)
For this project you, our “Brew Accionistas” are going to empower us -by pledging money- so that we can:
- Triple fermentation capacity (from 350 liters a week to 1050 liters a week)
- Triple conditioning and carbonating space
- Double the size of our micro brewery building and add a walk in cooler
- Health Benefits and technical training for our team (all local Salvadorenos)
Since opening on June 1st, 2012, El Salvador is enjoying our mix of punk rock, California and Belgian style ales, and Salvadoran ingredients and attitude. Our team-driven brewery is a modern company, committed to training and developing staff to lead our vision of Salvadoran Craft Beer as a Culinary Art forward. The team does such a good job, we cannot keep up! We are selling nearly every drop of beer we produce each week and demand is still increasing!
We have a strong list of wholesale clientes already serving our beer. Already some of the best restaurants and bars in El Salvador serve our Craft Beer. And new wholesale clients are ready by the dozens and impatiently waiting to serve our Cerveza Artesanal.
We have the demand, we have the market and we have the beers.
- What our system needs is a few more fermenters and more building space to condition and package our beers into bottles and kegs.
- What our team needs is improved health insurance, English classes and further technical training to keep rocking the revolution forward.
Kickstart the Brew Revolution right now! Click a Revolution level to the right and lets go! Brew Accionistas are the army of support enabling us to bring the Brew Revolution to El Salvador. (Te amo El Salvador!)
Brew Revolution is brewing Craft Beer in El Salvador. Our mission is to brew to terroir reflecting the unique and flavorful land, water, fruits, flowers and spirit of where we brew our ales. We combine the California and Belgian styles of brew, emphasizing seasonal and local ingredients, and flavors. All of our ales are made with malted barley (malta), American Hops (lupulo) and brewers yeast (levadura) and never with adjuncts like corn or rice. Each of our beers has uniquely Salvadoran character, via local honey, rosa de jamaica, panela, manzanas pedorras, nispero, pineapple, marracuya, loroco or other tropical ingredients which bring the full flavor of our beloved El Salvador through our beers to your glass.
En Brew revolución elaboramos cerveza artesanal al estilo de Estados Unidos en El Salvador. Nuestra misión es reflejar los elementos unicos de nuestra tierra salvadoreña como es el agua, las frutas, las flores y el espíritu de donde preparamos nuestras cervezas. En la elaboración de nuestra cerveza, conbinamos los estilos de California y Belgas, con énfasis en ingredientes locales y de temporada. Todas las cervezas se elabrona con agua pura, malta de cebada (malta), lúpulo americano y Levadura de cerveza. No utilizamos maiz ni arroz. Cada una de nuestras cervezas tiene una forma, sabor único y origen Salvadoreño. Aveces utilizamos elementos de las zona como miel, rosa de jamaica, manzanas pedorras, nispero, piña, maracuya, loroco u otros ingredientes tropicales para traer todo el sabor y el sentimiento de nuestro querido El Salvador.
The Expansion Project:
First we are going to buy and install eight 5 Hecaliter conical fermenters (and their hoses,pumps etc) This way we can triple our production capacity to meet demand and still have room to grow. (from our current 350 liters a week to 1050 liters a week)
Second we need to expand our small building! We are extending the building and creating a walk in cooler for crashing beer, cold conditioning and carbonating. This doubles our building and triples our conditioning space.
Third we are committed to our employees. Our vision is to pay higher wages to our team and provide continuous training and advancement. We are located in an area where workers are often paid $1 an hour. We think that is no way to run an economy. Our commitment is to support developing marketable linguistic and technical skills, and to provide benefits associated with their increased professional skills. Each person on our team is a Revolution of their own.
- Brew Revolution is open and brewing really great American style Ales in El Salvador (the first EVER!)
- We have all of our branding, logo, website, bottles, labels etc complete
- We already have all of the equipment and ingredients we need to make great beer
- We are selling a lot of good beer already to some of the best bars and restaurants
- We have dozens more really great bars and restaurants ready to sell our cerveza.
- We just need to expand and continue training our team to meet the high demand!
You can make a huge impact and be one of the founding members of the first Craft Brewery in El Salvador, just follow these easy steps:
- 1. CREATE a Kickstarter account. It's simple; all it takes is an email and a password.
- 2. SIGN IN at Amazon.com - if you already have an account, you're all set. If not, no worries, it is easy to set-up as well.
- 3. PLEDGE at whatever level you like! Your card will only be charged when we reach our full goal.
- 4. SHARE this with your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and whoever else crosses your path! Let everyone know you are a rock and roller and are backing Brew Revolution's expansion project. And REMEMBER that Kickstarter is an "all or nothing" deal so we need to reach our goal to raise any money or we get zero. So share and tell all your friends a few times!
Muchisimas gracias Brew Accionistas!
a HUGE thanks to the amazing video magic of Imagen Photography and Video for the killer video works! These guys rock!
And a huge shout-out to one of our favorite Salvadoran bands El Atico who generously let us totally rock out to their music and use it in our video! these guys put on a hell of a rocking live metal show.
Risks and challenges
Since we are already open and brewing our challenges have been making our little micro brewery meet the demand that we already have. We have all of our import permits, licenses etc and just need to increase capacity to meet demand.
Our challenges are to successfully take this project and add a major sprinkling of punk rock DIY dust and make this meet our needs and grow with us while still keeping the cost low.
Another challenge is to continue to develop our team as we grow. We can not hire the skills we need but must train them. This is long hard work but truly rewarding.
How the heck can we do this much with so little money? Well we already have the majority of what we need besides the items listed above. We have already invested a great deal of money and this kickstarter project will give us the last capital we need to put us into the rock and roll category.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)