About this project
NEW GOAL: 1,000 BACKERS!
WOW! You helped us reach our minimum goal in just over 48 hours! You are amazing!
Our initial goal was the minimum we need to finish the film. We hope you will help us EXCEED that goal so we can make this the best possible film. Additional funds will allow us to bring in specialists in color grading & audio mixing. It will also give us the opportunity to invest in public screenings & distribution opportunities.
Help us make the best film possible! And help us share it with the world!
Learn more at our official website: www.WEareBATMAN.com
LEGENDS OF THE KNIGHT is a feature-length, not-for-profit documentary film about the power of storytelling to create positive change in our lives and in the world around us. And we are expressing this through the lens of one of the most popular stories of our time – The Batman.
Over many decades, the Caped Crusader has motivated people around the globe to overcome devastating obstacles, to help & encourage young people, or to be a vital contributor to the community. His legacy has also been a vehicle for connecting us to each other & stirring the hero within.
LEGENDS OF THE KNIGHT is an inspirational documentary that tells the stories that Batman has uncovered in us & the power of heroic storytelling to transform the world.
We believe this film will appeal to people of ALL ages & backgrounds, giving them the motivation to live out heroic stories. And we are committed to allowing as many people as possible see the finished movie.
Our goal is to inspire everyone on the planet who loves Batman to embody his spirit, engage with the world, and make a difference.
Together, WE ARE BATMAN!
Production for LEGENDS OF THE KNIGHT began in April 2012 & filming is now 95% complete.
Since that time, we have filmed:
- 46 interviews,
- In 12 Cities,
- Capturing over 120 hours of footage!
Supporters from all over the world helped us cover our travel costs & get the film moving last year. (www.indiegogo.com/batmanfilm) HUGE thanks to all who got us going!
As production has continued, our vision has continually become more ambitious and the scope of the storytelling continues to increase. The goal of this campaign is to raise the funds we need to FINISH the film. The $31,850 goal is budgeted for:
- Filming interviews & footage in at least 3 additional cities
- Post-production on the finished film, including editing, graphics, & titles.
Documentary film projects like this are fueled by passion, not profits. This is a not-for-profit film, and ALL funds raised in this campaign will go toward the production of this documentary. The amount of money we raise will directly affect the production quality of the finished film.
The $31,850 goal is the minimum we need to finish the film. We hope you will help us EXCEED that goal so we can make this the best possible film. Additional funds will allow us to bring in specialists in color grading & audio mixing. It will also give us the opportunity to invest in public screenings & distribution opportunities.
Our goal reaches BEYOND the completion of the film. We want this project to empower people to transform their lives & strengthen their communities.
We have been privileged to capture many incredible personal stories. Check out our Trailer to catch a small glimpse of what we have filmed so far.
- Michael Uslan - executive producer of "Batman", "Batman Begins", "The Dark Knight", & "The Dark Knight Rises"
- Denny O'Neil - legendary Batman writer & editor
- Jill Pantozzi - superhero journalist with the spirit of the Caped Crusader
- Lenny B Robinson - visits children's hospitals around the country as Batman
- Rabbi Cary Friedman - author, "Wisdom from the Batcave"
- Kye Sapp - fought through leukemia at age 5 with the strength of Batman
- Dr. Travis Langley - author, "Batman & Psychology"; teacher of university course in psychology called "Batman"
- Gotham Chopra - co-author, "Seven Spiritual Laws of Superheroes"; son of best-selling author Deepak Chopra
- Brian Elliott - raises funds for humanitarian projects by running marathons in a Batman outfit
- Patrick O'Connor - uses Batman comic books in therapy
Brett Culp (www.brettculpfilms.com) has created documentary films for Fortune 500 companies, celebrities, royalty, best-selling authors, and rock stars. His work has been featured in national programs on NBC, CBS, and WEtv. He has appeared on Entertainment Tonight and US Weekly. The newest edition of the book “Documentary Storytelling” devotes an entire chapter to Brett’s production approach. He is a life-long Batman fan.
Talk about the film or share a story that embodies the spirit of Batman using #WEareBATMAN
Where can I learn more about the project or contact you?
- Please visit our official website, www.WEareBATMAN.com
When will this film be completed?
- We are scheduled to complete the film in 2013. As the project has grown more ambitious we are being creative with our funds to get the most bang-for-the-buck. We are working hard to bring this story to the world without compromising production quality.
Is this an official documentary film?
- This film is independent of any entity that created or produced the well-known character Batman. We will be working to insure that we are following best practices in fair use for documentary filmmaking.
Can we exceed the goal?
- YES! And exceeding the goal allows us to make a better movie & share it with more people.
What payment forms are accepted?
Can I increase my pledge once it’s been made?
- YES! Once you make a pledge to our campaign, you may want to change your Reward to a different one, or increase your pledge amount. GO FOR IT!
I contributed to the previous campaign. Can I make an additional contribution and upgrade my Reward?
- YES! We will happily add your contributions together for a better Reward in this campaign.
- Matt Andrews
- Josh Costella
- Ian del Carmen
- POP Kollaborative
- Vasilis Pozios
Tricia Culp, Chris Doll, Justen Fox,
Nathan Jurewicz, Nick Tiernan, Randy Patrick
Logo Artwork by Monica Crafts
Trailer Music by Dan Phillipson
Website & T-Shirt Design by Curious Communications
Risks and challenges
Many of the obstacles with producing a film like this have already been overcome. We spent months researching the stories, securing filming permissions, traveling to capture the stories, and managing mass amounts of footage. We are ready to move forward with editing the finished feature!
A film like this requires intricate collaboration between editing, visual effects, sound, & music. As a producer/director with a long-term track-record, Brett Culp has extensive experience finding unique stories & assembling the resources to bring the vision to life. Visit www.brettculpfilms.com to view his previous work.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)