What if you could save the people of Atlantis from their fateful destruction?
You've just begun to explore the depths of Atlantis! Continue below to learn about player powers, libraries, powerful component powers, and game-changing artifacts!
After a limited print run in 2012, Atlantis Rising, like its namesake, virtually disappeared into legend. We (Elf Creek) managed to get our hands on a copy and immediately understood what Zee and Sam at the Dice Tower loved about this game. Gripping, tense, thrilling, truly cooperative. We fell in love. It's been a joy to work alongside designer Galen Ciscell to bring this game back, with the same core gameplay and new revised features that make it better than ever. And with the gorgeous artistic work of Vincent Dutrait, it's been a dream come true. But you don't have to take our word for it.
Atlantis Rising: Second Edition preserves everything that was cherished and loved from the original edition. The feeling of dread and tension, that rises like the tides along the island shores, the mix of calculation and risk needed to succeed, the stories that the game creates with each play—it's all still here. And it's been improved upon:
- More strategic choices created by redesigning additional worker recruitment in the Cities and the Wrath of the Gods round tracker (replacing the original's Atlantean Navy)
- New asymmetric variable player powers that have quickly become a favorite of the new edition's playtesters, that help you feel like your character is in the world helping to save Atlantis!
- As the floodwaters rise, the tension builds, and hope begins to falter, players now also feel a sense of progression, at their own increasing capacity to stem the tide. New library artifact cards grant players ongoing abilities and the cosmic gate components feature powers that are now reusable.
- For the first time, a dedicated solo mode and simple ruleset variants to help the two and three player games play with the same excitement and tension as larger player counts.
But, as with the original edition, you don't have to take our word for it.
Any questions? Just ask us, either in the comments or by message.
- The Champaign-Urbana Community: Our local board gaming community is an amazing source of support, advice, and encouragement. Whether it’s a casual board game night or an intense playtesting session, we love playing games with y’all. We cannot thank you all enough for your playtesting, feedback, advise, and friendship. Curious parties can learn more about our community at www.cudoplays.com and facebook.com/cuboardgames
- We Make Games: We loved working with Bryce Walter of We Make Games on the End of the Trail project video and were excited to work with him again on Atlantis Rising. He’s a wonderful person and talented creator and we cannot wait to see what’s next for him in the greater board game community.
- Coalition Game Studios: We want our games to be the very best that they can be. As with End of the Trail, we partnered with Coalition Game Studios for blind playtesting and we cannot recommend Mike and his team enough for their feedback and hard work with Atlantis Rising.
- Matt Paquette: We first met Matt at Gen Con 2018 and we are blessed to have him working on the Kickstarter page as a creative director. Matt has worked with AEG, Floodgate Games, Brotherwise Games and others in the board game community and we greatly appreciate his insights and guidance with our campaign.
- Philip Glofcheskie: Philip has spent over 20 years in the art and game community and recently ran a successful Kickstarter for Wunderkammer. We are thrilled with the work that Philip has done on our Kickstarter page and can’t wait to see the work he will be doing in the future.
- Joseph McDaid: We want to thank Joseph for all the hard work during the past week in assisting with our Kickstarter. Joe has been working alongside Matt with creating the animated gifs for the page. He has also worked with Roxley Games on their Kickstarter projects.
- Protospiel: We are blessed to have been able to playtest with the designers and playtesters that are part of the Protospiel community this year and the game improved due to their valuable early feedback at Protospiel Minnesota and Protospiel Milwaukee. We wish all the designers and publishers that are part of that community well.
- Stonemaier Games Design Day: Speaking of early feedback, one of the first places where Atlantis Rising: Second Edition was playtested at was the 2017 Stonemaier Games Design Day. We want to thank the Design Day community for their feedback and Jamey Stegmaier and Alan Stone for hosting such a tremendous event.
Risks and challenges
Atlantis Rising is Elf Creek Games's second Kickstarter project. We fulfilled our first game, End of the Trail, on time, getting it to backers ahead of its public release at the Origins Game Fair this past June. We are working with the same game manufacturer (Panda GM), where many of the non-printed components are already in production for this project. Any concerns that came up during the manufacturing of End of the Trail were addressed quickly and taken care of in a very timely and professional manner. This is one of the reasons why we are proud to partner with Panda moving forward.
We are continuing to partner with Quartermaster Logistics for fulfillment in the US and parts of Asia, with Aetherworks for fulfillment in Australia and New Zealand and with Gamesquest for the UK and elsewhere. We also have decided to add Happy Shops as another European fulfilment partner as well as Snakes and Lattes as a partner for Canada. Partnering with these companies will allow us to have shipping and fulfillment costs that are great for our customers and they will work with us to make sure that the fulfillment process with Atlantis Rising: Second Edition goes as smooth as possible.
As Kickstarter enthusiasts ourselves, we understand that sometimes it is necessary to cancel a pledge, even after it has been collected. Hardships occur to everyone and we want to be a company that understands the issues that backers might face. To this end, we will offer 100% refunds within 90 days of the campaign ending. We will offer a 100% refund within 60 days of receiving your reward.
Lastly, we are anticipating for Atlantis Rising: Second Edition to be a larger campaign than our first campaign, End of the Trail. Every campaign brings with it new challenges and learning experiences. We have the utmost confidence in the experience and expertise of our partners to help us along our way. And we have worked to establish relationships with publishers throughout the industry who are always willing to offer us their advice and support. We will be keeping you, our backers, up to date each step along the way. After the campaign, we will be reaching out to you at least once a month and will be available to answer any questions that you have in a timely manner.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (24 days)