The greatest work IN English literature, now in the greatest format OF English literature: a chooseable-path adventure! Read more
This project was successfully funded on December 21, 2012.
Posters, plus: THE PLAY HAPPENS THIS WEEKEND :0
- the book is now being laid out!
- We're more than half-way through recording the audio book and it's going really well! A lot of the lines become funnier when they're read out loud, which, as the dude who wrote the thing, has been really interesting to see. I hope to have a clip to share soon!
- I've got the second prototype of the Yorick skull and we are in GOOD SHAPE. A few more tweaks and we should be good to go!
- Poster design has been finalized and it is gorgeous. The initial idea was to do something a lot more basic, but I've had a lot of help from Christopher Slowe and did you know that he is The Master Of The Graphs, because he TOTALLY IS. We kinda got a little... ambitious. To the level of "Hey Christopher I bet you couldn't lay out the entire flow chart for the book so that it's shaped like a stone-cold thematically-appropriate skull" and he was all "Hah hah hah AS IF THAT'S EVEN A CHALLENGE" and BAM:
- When you see this at full size in real life you will say "DANG Y'ALL".
Now for the exciting thing: THE PLAY. One of our ultra-crazy unlocked stretch goals was for a live performance of the book as a play by Shakespeare In Busan and they've been working like crazy to make this happen. And now it's going to!
In fact, it's going to happen THIS WEEKEND.
This Saturday, March 23rd at 9 PM EST is when it goes down, and yes, for every choice both the live audience and the rest of us online will get to vote on where the story goes next. It may well be insane. Directors Peter Starr Northrop and Ryan Estrada are mad geniuses. Here's what time that is in your time zone!
I'll send out another update on Saturday to remind everyone, so for now all you can do is GET EXCITED (and check out ShakespeareInBusan.com for updates!)
FINALLY, last update I mentioned how Machine Of Death: The Game of Creative Assassination had special Dinosaur Comics cards, and Story War: The Storytelling Party Game had To Be or Not To Be cards! Both Kickstarters are ending in the next few days, and now Machine Of Death ALSO has To Be or Not To Be cards and Story War ALSO has Dinosaur Comics cards. So that's special Dinosaur Comics and To Be or Not To Be cards with both projects. These cards are exclusive to Kickstarter, so we're getting close to your last chance to get in on these bad boys!
That's all for now! Remember: Saturday is when the play goes down! :0