We at Audacity Theatre Lab are delighted and proud to bring eight independent theatre artists to the Dallas area to present a dynamic cross-section of contemporary solo performance. We have an incredible lineup ready to be seen by Dallas audiences, and we need your support this Spring to help launch this celebration of one-person shows. The overall festival budget is slightly greater than our Kickstarter goal, but with $1,200 from individual supporters we can definitely do the festival right and show out-of-town artists some proper Texas hospitality. THANK YOU!
The Dallas Solo Fest is a production of Audacity Theatre Lab, a north Texas based theatre company. Audacity is a platform for the imaginations of a collective of individual theatre artists. The artists of ATL are empowered to use the company as an outlet for the creation of new theatre projects, be they bold re-imaginings of existing works or the incubation and exploration of completely original works for the stage.
The Dallas Solo Festival is the brain child of Audacity Artistic Director Brad McEntire. He envisioned a fringe-like theatre festival in Dallas to showcase a curated collection of local and national solo artists presenting full festival-length pieces.
The solo theatre artists hand-picked to be in this inaugural festival include Veronica Russell (New Orleans), Alexandra Tatarsky (New York City), Deanna Fleysher (Los Angeles), David Mogolov (Massachusetts), Zeb L. West (Austin) and Dallas solo performers Elaine Liner, John Michael and Danny O’Connor.
The festival will run two back-to-back weekends starting May 15 and running until May 25, 2014. All performances will be held at the Margo Jones Theatre at the historic Magnolia Lounge is Fair Park, 1121 First Avenue, Dallas TX 75210.
The funds raised via this Kickstarter will go towards:
- Venue Rental
- Artists' Stipends
- Front of House
- Technical Support
- Marketing Costs
- Website Maintainance
- Programs & Printing Costs
- Posters & Postcards/flyers
- And so on...
• Q: How can I show my support for individual solo performers?
• A: Come see their shows. Visit their websites. Buy them drinks after their performances.
• Q: Should I still donate if you are funded?
• A: HECK YEAH! The overall festival budget is larger than this Kickstarter, and we try really hard to keep ticket prices low.
• Q: What if I make a donation and receive tickets or a Festival Pass as a reward but I cannot go. Can I give them to someone else?
• A: Yes! We'll work it out. A friend could come in your place!
• Q: Where can I find info about individual shows, ticket prices, directions and all that stuff for the Dallas Solo Fest?
• A: Vist the DSF website at: www.DallasSoloFest.com
• Q: Who designed the video?
• A: Brad McEntire - you can find more about him HERE.
• Q: How do I find out more about Audacity Theatre Lab?
• A: Easy peesy. Just visit: www.AudacityTheatreLab.com
• Q: I've heard there are some awesome workshops offered at the Dallas Solo Fest. How can I find out more about them?
• A: All workshop information is available HERE.
Risks and challenges
We at Audacity are seriously proud to share local and national solo performances with Dallas audiences and to share Dallas with out-of-town artists. This Kickstarter is to help ensure the creation of the best possible festival of this kind we can produce.
We are pretty adept at working within tight schedules, creating something amazing with limited funds, pulling together to get jobs done. We usually get our hands dirty in the process! We like process.
As with any creative projects there are always multiple challenges and the future of this concept - a national-level solo performance festival in the heart of the southwest - is dependant on how we get out of the gate.
As we develop the DSF we wish to continue building on our already strong foundations of original theatre creation and presentation. We hope to forge and strengthen relationships with both original theatre creators and the audiences who dig them.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)