App update: educational content and broader phone support
Hi, everyone. There is a new version of the app available. It should address a few of the common bugs people have been experiencing.
As before, setup info—and a new FAQ—can be found at https://botsalive.com/setup.
At the bottom are are notes on the release.
Also, some backers were asking for a video of normal usage of Bots Alive. I made a video that illustrates the features of Bots Alive and explains how to avoid a few pitfalls:
Please continue to let us know if you have problems running the kit or have any feedback!
Brad and the Bots Alive team
- Added educational visualizations, reachable by the top-left button
- Experimental support for Pixel and Nexus phones (does it work? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Small improvements to phone communication to IR blasters
- Removed a bug that sometimes kept the app from trying to send any bot-control signals
- General bug removal
Known bugs/flaws that remain:
- IR blaster appears very sensitive to the phone/tablet's volume level. With certain phones, sometimes a volume level that is working stops working until you change the volume (and maybe move it back to where it had once worked). -
- Certain iOS users have had IR blaster trouble. I'm guessing that they have IR blasters that don't work or are overly sensitive to volume level, and we're sending replacement IR blasters to the 6 people so far with this issue. Whether that guess is correct or not, this app update likely won't fix those specific cases.