About this project
How can you help support the revitalization of Downtown Bridgeport, CT?
Support live theater and DONATE TO BRIDGEPORT THEATRE COMPANY'S 2011/12 SEASON IN OUR BRAND NEW HOME!!
BTC has found a permanent home, the historic Downtown Cabaret Theatre, and
we need your help! We're having a 'house warming party' and requesting Kickstarter donations to help us kick off our 2011/2012 season, which includes:
The Laramie Project
Lend Me a Tenor
The Music Man
A note from Artistic Director Eli Newsom:
::How This Money Will Be Used::
The economics of our organization is similar to other healthy not-for-profit theater companies across the nation: only about 50% of our costs are covered by ticket sales. The other 50% of our budget is dependent on individual donations and sponsorships. Even small donations make a difference in this important equation.
Our annual budget for the 2011/12 season will be in the neighborhood of $100k. Help us raise just 5% of that by donating towards our goal of $5,000 to help us fund our pre-season expenses! Specifically, high priority expenses include:
- Venue rental for rehearsals and performances: $3-5K per production.
- Royalties for our first production: around $3k (Hairspray)
- Administrative/Production staff: around $6k per production
- Technical: $3-4k per production
- Wigs for Hairspray: around $2k
That's a total: $17-20k per production just for these elements...each full production costs in the neighborhood of $25k.
Additional support will help take our season to the next level:
- Higher production values: We rent and build costumes and sets for each production. More donations = better looking shows.
- Top-notch Musicians/Directors/Designers: The best artists in the area demand a higher rate, and we love paying artists as much as we can...help us support local artists!
- Print Advertising: We currently rely on electronic marketing. Additional support would allows us to advertise in print publications such as the Connecticut Post, Fairfield Weekly, and others.
Thanks for reading this far -- now, will you please BACK THIS PROJECT? We believe in the potential for Bridgeport and feel our role in the revitalization is important. Please "Be Part of It!" by helping us reach these goals and making a donation towards our upcoming season.
--Eli Newsom, Artistic Director
Your support earned us the title of one of the Top 3 theater companies in Fairfield County in our very first season! Imagine what we can do with our second season with your donation! Help keep us at the top!
Special thanks to the BTC board, staff, company members, and volunteers; Hugh Hallinan and the staff of Downtown Cabaret Theatre; Ricky Mestre, M.A. Beaulieu Photography, Tony Leone, and Debra Hanusick.
Support this project
- (59 days)